Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

CEN CT5 Parts Question ..

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 10:19 AM
LordGeek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN CT5 Parts Question ..

I posted this up on CEN's Forum site also and had not received any response .. I also see that this was asked once before but also received no responses .. so I'm hoping to get some sort of answer from here ..

I have a CEN CT5 .. love the car, damn faster than I thought it would be. The issue I am having is: I went through the breakin process of the motor (3 tanks idle / 2 general slow runs) .. once completed, started the full tuning process and got the car running excellent. Now, the spurs .. Green 42T and Yellow 38T .. I noticed that after the 2nd tank of having full blown fun with the car that the Green 42T was now starting to lose teeth !! Now I know that this is expected being that the parts are plastic .. but I have not even gone through a gallon of fuel on this thing and I have had to replace the spurs (both) now 6 times !!! Is this suppose to be normal ? I'm having to do bulk purchases of spurs.

The question I have .. and hopefully someone has an answer for:

Is there a manufacturer out there anywhere that has created/built harden steel replacement spurs for both G84313-03 (Yellow 38T) and G84302-32 (Green 42T) ?

I see there are many available for Team Losi, HPI, Traxxas, Team Associates etc etc etc .. how about for CEN ?

Thank you.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:35 PM
VDub99AML
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: CEN CT5 Parts Question ..

I don't know if there are alternate gears available, but I did experience rocks getting wedged in the spur gears and belts along with many other people. To fix the problem, I have been cutting out pop cans to fit on the bottom side of the chassis. Whenever one wears out (mainly from street driving not so much parking lots) I'll just drink a pop, and cut a new one. This has solved all my problems with rocks getting lodged in the belts and gears. Other people use tape or thin pieces of lexan, but I prefer the cans because they're thicker than tape, and easier (I think) and cheaper to make than using lexan. here's a pic of my CT4-S with a shield that's about worn out in the front. Don't mind the dirt and beat up body though- It's clean now, and I have a new body to run for this spring.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70257.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	651359  
Old 03-27-2007, 09:21 PM
LordGeek

Holy Cow VDub99AML .. that is one very well used CT4-S

Here are pics of my CEN CT5 with a custom painted Aston Martin Vanquish body ( painted by M. Burroughs of IL )
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51931.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	651591   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh21427.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	651592   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze87501.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	651593   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uo36043.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	651594   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vg54107.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	651595  
Old 03-27-2007, 10:53 PM
VDub99AML
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was a fun day. I used that car for drifting-- you wouldn't believe how dirty they get sliding sideways.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:05 AM
poor judgement

The Genesis/Nemesis steel spurs - 39t and 43t - will fit onto the CT5s 2 speed alloy hubs.

You will need the single piece, steel pinion/clutch bell in 14/18t, the silver one.

The weight of the spurs may well give a stock clutch some issues too, try alloy shoes if so, but on a new clutchbell.

It worked on my OS.18 FunFactor with alloy shoes, I never had spur issues after that, but pinions wore a bit quicker.