Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

My GST Just wouldn't go!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 06:52 AM
.46NitroAddict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My GST Just wouldn't go!

Hey jombo,

If I read you correctly (I may be reading too much between the lines....) you have upgraded to the nemesis diffs & drive cups, & you still broke them. If this is correct can you confirm that the diff output drive cups are infact bigger? or the same? Especially in the area of the shaft diameter connecting to the actual drive cup. Are you running pins or cheveron tyres?

Regards, .46NitroAddict [>:]
Old 04-03-2007, 07:28 AM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Nitro. I have the Nemesis Diffs and I still broke a drive cup. It CAN still happen it just takes more to do it. And yes the drive cups are bigger. In fact there are even heavier drive cups yet!! You Can Get Them @ [link=http://www.customrccars.com/product_temp_trial.asp?id=1668&cat=21&custom=0]Custom RC Cars!![/link]

Here is a comparison of them with the Nemesis outdrives[link=http://www.cenracing.com/cars/genesis/parts/gss10.jpg]The Nemesis Stock Outdrives Are On The Bottom[/link] And the Heavy Duty Kit Is On The Top..I bet you COULD even break those...So Jombo is right throttle control has ALOT to do with it as I have stated before!!!

EDIT:In fact, Here is some carnage from a session on the track the weekend before last: Good thing I had a spare diff with a broken ring gear that had a good set of drive cups
Hope this helps..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm34695.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	655965  
Old 04-03-2007, 10:25 AM
jombo

46NitroAddict , i have a nemesis and the genesis le and they both broke drive cups when the tires ballooned. The Real Dogman picture is exactly the same way mine broke the cup was sheared right off. the drive cups for the nemesis are gs204 and for the genesis le is gs209, why they use different drive cups i dont know[sm=confused.gif]
Old 04-03-2007, 01:28 PM
s5lin

TRD, if you do make the swaybar mounts, I'd actually suggest the ones that do NOT bend parallel with the hinge pins. The reason for this is because most of the sway bars that are thicker (2.0mm, 2.5mm) these are mostly available bent similar to the ones you showed in the picture.

/ \
| | (Parallel ones)

/ \ (V-Shaped ones)

I just trying to do a quick sketch of what swaybars I thought would work better. In my opinion, the one on the bottom, the v-shaped one would probably be easier to find optional swaybars for.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:24 PM
The Real Dogman

Thank you for the suggestion Simon,
I intend on offering several thickness' in the kit(2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 3.5mm amd 4mm mostly proprietary). I am fabricating these myself on a jig and will be using a "fitment quality template" to be sure the bends are exact. But keeping these interchangable is a good thought...

Thanks again..
Old 04-03-2007, 05:35 PM
.46NitroAddict

Hey Dogman & Jombo,

Thanks for your input on this issue.

I thought from what I had read, that the Nemesis ones were almost bulletproof, obviously I was wrong! I gather that they are still a worthwhile upgrage when Genesis units fail? & also obviously try & avoid those tyre balooning feats, Damn no more nuts....

Sorry Monaroman if I mislead you....

Regards, .46NitroAddict [>:]
Old 04-03-2007, 07:07 PM
jombo

the only thing i see between the 2 is the nemesis ones get rid of the pin in the diff. so if you want to upgrade you need to buy the nemesis bevel gear also, gs201 and the e clip (2.5) g36851.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:21 PM
MONAROMAN

Damn you nitro, I just finished an order to *********!

Nah, just kidding ya, I think I may invest anyway - getting rid of the pin has gotta help, also will checkout the super beefy ones trd posted the link to, but alas, me thinks that less eagerness and a little more throttle control may just be what the doctor ordered.

Edit: a little keyboard control too, can't spell kidding as kissing! [:@]
Old 04-03-2007, 10:48 PM
The Real Dogman

The Nemesis outdrives are heavier, thicker and does get rid of he pin. there are several other differences like the screws on the diff(You know the infamously locktighted screws) are larger @ 6 x 10 while the genesis are 3 x 10. So believe me when I say the Nemesis diffs are the better than the Genesis GST versions(In every way!!) download the manuals of each and compare for yourselves. So its not just a matter of getting rid of the crosspins on the outdrives, its much much more!!!

Hope this clears up the confusion..
Old 04-04-2007, 12:56 AM
.46NitroAddict

Hi Again Guys,

I think I will still sell my 2 new spare GST diffs & get some nemesis ones anyway, since it definatley sounds like they are a worthwhile upgrade. Especially after looking at the manuals for comparison, & your descriptions.

Thanks for confirming what I thought I already knew,

.46NitroAddict [>:]

EDIT;- Monaroman sounds like you will be in a much better place for reliability after you get them Especially if you master that self restraint on the throttle - Don't know if I want to???......
Old 04-04-2007, 01:47 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

OK so let me get this straight as i'm a little lost. So i SHOULD buy Nemesis differentials? Because their bigger and beefier correct?
So all i need to do i go on e-bay and pick up two nemi diffs?
Or do i need to buy something else also?
Old 04-04-2007, 09:26 AM
d-max

Hi fellas!

Once again, thanks for your inputs
Thread is getting interesting,
Please keep your views coming in

While I'm getting ready to order spare parts (overseas)
I went down to my LHS and, what do you know
I have found a replacement for my broken outdive cup from HPI! & HOT BODIES!(much cheaper)
Did abit of mod to the pin and now is fix (temp. until original has arrive)

I bet there's more replacements we can savage from other manufacturers
Hey! Maybe we can start a new thread...

But having said that, CEN products are truely unmatchable, in terms of size and durablility!
3 cheers to CEN!
Old 04-07-2008, 06:50 PM
unlawfullactions

do you know if those drive cups are packaged per pair?

thanks

ORIGINAL: The Real Dogman

Hey Nitro. I have the Nemesis Diffs and I still broke a drive cup. It CAN still happen it just takes more to do it. And yes the drive cups are bigger. In fact there are even heavier drive cups yet!! You Can Get Them @ [link=http://www.customrccars.com/product_temp_trial.asp?id=1668&cat=21&custom=0]Custom RC Cars!![/link]

Here is a comparison of them with the Nemesis outdrives[link=http://www.cenracing.com/cars/genesis/parts/gss10.jpg]The Nemesis Stock Outdrives Are On The Bottom[/link] And the Heavy Duty Kit Is On The Top..I bet you COULD even break those...So Jombo is right throttle control has ALOT to do with it as I have stated before!!!

EDIT:In fact, Here is some carnage from a session on the track the weekend before last: Good thing I had a spare diff with a broken ring gear that had a good set of drive cups
Hope this helps..
Old 04-07-2008, 07:44 PM
The Real Dogman

Hey Unlawful, long time no see. No I dont believe they come in pairs!!
Old 04-18-2008, 10:25 AM
unlawfullactions

ouch thats going to cost me a bit then, already spent almost $70 for two nemesis diffs.....
could they have broken easly becasue i have locked the center diff and dont have any diff fluid in the front and rear? (just stock)

gst has been sitting since last fall, maybe i should fire it up and burn that old oil out of it. I also have a revo as my backup....thats sitting too, spurgear burned up and when i replaced it i lost the screw for the motor mount...oh well...will get up and running eventually!
Old 04-18-2008, 05:04 PM
CEN Racing

Lock block and high bite surfaces- are you runnin on tarmack
Old 04-18-2008, 06:51 PM
burningpoo

So does that mean you need larger drive shafts? Looks bigger in the picture, didn't see anything on the page.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:04 PM
The Real Dogman

ORIGINAL: burningpoo

So does that mean you need larger drive shafts? Looks bigger in the picture, didn't see anything on the page.
Yes you will need larger d-shafts but they come with one. Those kits on custom rc are packaged with a single cup and singlelarger dia shaft..
Old 04-18-2008, 10:12 PM
The Real Dogman

ORIGINAL: d-max

Hi fellas!

Once again, thanks for your inputs
Thread is getting interesting,
Please keep your views coming in

While I'm getting ready to order spare parts (overseas)
I went down to my LHS and, what do you know
I have found a replacement for my broken outdive cup from HPI! & HOT BODIES!(much cheaper)
Did abit of mod to the pin and now is fix (temp. until original has arrive)

I bet there's more replacements we can savage from other manufacturers
Hey! Maybe we can start a new thread...

But having said that, CEN products are truely unmatchable, in terms of size and durablility!
3 cheers to CEN!

Except by HPI and Hot bodies!!
Old 04-18-2008, 10:43 PM
burningpoo

Yes you will need larger d-shafts but they come with one. Those kits on custom rc are packaged with a single cup and singlelarger dia shaft..
Good stuff