Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

New FG MT VIDEO. The GST has some serious competition!

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

New FG MT VIDEO. The GST has some serious competition!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 09:29 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New FG MT VIDEO. The GST has some serious competition!

So i posted this in large scale and the MT section. Here is a new video of my FG MT bashing and jumping.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoIZkRGlnpY

I finally got to really bash the FG because I got someone else to video for me. Compaired to the GST this trucks seems faster. Maybe it's because it's bigger but man it hauls *****! BUT the GST is better at climbing over rougher terrain utilizing it's 4WD and high ground clerance, vice the FG gets a little hung up because it has a less ground clerance and a longer chassis, but it still has the extra power to mow through the rough terrain. Compairing the two the FG seems faster, can bash just as hard as the GST, the GST will out handle the FG because of it's 4WD, the GST has a higher ground clerance so it runs over rough terrain better, BUT the FG holds it own and powers through also. The FG definately has more power. As far as hill climbs are concerned IF i have a little spot to get some speed up the FG will climb up almost any hill the GST can because the FG just has SO MUCH power, from a shorter distance the GST will climb the hill better because of it's 4WD vice the FG will just dig a huge hole and spit dirt everywhere in anger. As far as ease of starting, maintenance, FG hands down, gassers are SO much easier to deal with, their not temper mental, no glow plugs, or igniter, the FG gives me 1 pull starts EVERY time! And 45 MINUTE run times! I stripped a spur gear at the end of the video, so now i'm getting a steel spur, also the right front hub screw likes to work it's way out sometimes so it;s a pain in the butt. But after the punishment i pout the FG through yesterday it showed me it's the bad***** on the block now! Once my GST one way bearing comes in I plan on doing a little more GST testing and hopefully some nice jumps like you see in the FG video. So stay tuned for a better comparison!

Here is the GST video I made a few weeks ago if any of you missed it. Get ready for a much better one, when i have to drive and film it;s to hard to really bash. Now that I have a camera man, things are about to get more exciting! I see alot of broken parts in the near future lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crgYDMq3esY
Old 05-12-2007, 01:03 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New FG MT VIDEO. The GST has some serious competition!

whoa... sweet

I think you may have sold me on it. Is there a 4wd kit available for it?

BTW: Nice vid editing
Old 05-13-2007, 05:53 AM
JUCD VPR

Thanks man, Yes you can get an upgraded 4WD kit seprate but it isn't cheap about 700 bucks, but it's cheaper then buying a 4WD MCD. I am going to get it but it'll be a while before I upgrade to a kit. Their definately worth the money, the initial cost is a bit shocking but once you have it man this thing is a blast!
Old 05-13-2007, 02:02 PM
drosetta

Are you serious? That thing is sick. Bad***** for sure!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2007, 03:05 AM
MONAROMAN

My FG Hummer, they are awesome fun. Hey JUCD VPR hows your steering (massive understeer on dirt?)
Old 05-14-2007, 09:38 AM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Whoa, that things massive.

Love the license plate LOL!
Old 05-14-2007, 11:41 AM
JUCD VPR

Awesome man you got it! Have you run it yet? Man that looks real good, get ready because if you bash i hear the hummer body tears up fast!

Steering is alright i have the 805BB servo for my steering but yah i have some understeer.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:06 PM
MONAROMAN

Body doesn't look like that anymore The thing hauls, still gotta tune up a bit but Im very pleased with it.
True, hummer body bashes badly- first tumble gave it a working tailgate! Have my eyes on the beetle body
Old 05-15-2007, 05:18 AM
JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: MONAROMAN

Body doesn't look like that anymore The thing hauls, still gotta tune up a bit but Im very pleased with it.
True, hummer body bashes badly- first tumble gave it a working tailgate! Have my eyes on the beetle body
Yah exactly what I was talking about, the rear end of that body rips fast and then just kinda flaps in the wind. I really like the truck body but hear the beatle body is good because it absorbs alot of the impact and lands back on it's wheels alot?
Old 05-15-2007, 02:02 PM
MONAROMAN

Yeah thats the idea - rolling back onto wheels and it also looks pretty lowline and won't be prone to stuff ripping off as the beast tears up the earth Plus I hear it absorbs the impacts well as you said. I would love the 4wd kit but its way too dear, after I get a new bod the wishlist reads aluminium front end, aluminium rear end, 2 speed, stadium tyres and gears. With the cost of large scale parts this may take a year or two to get set up [:@] but, ya gotta have dreams [sm=redface.gif]