Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

GST 7.7 Pros and Cons...

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 07:23 AM
alvinm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GST 7.7 Pros and Cons...

I've been thinking of a new truck and GST looks like a neat one. I just wanted to get some ideas on issues the truck might have if any.

As far as the engine, is it based on an airplane motor which has been converted over? Also what are the REAL top speeds?

Thanks..
Old 05-15-2007, 07:33 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: GST 7.7 Pros and Cons...

Hmmm...

Pro's - HUGE, FAST, DURABLE, LOTS of HP and Torque, umm badass

Con's - I've only broken an A- arm due to ramping into a huge concrete wall, AND i broke and output yoke, those could be tougher, but since replacing it, I haven;t had problems at all.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:40 AM
alvinm

How is it as far as maintenance? I know ladder type chasis's are a little bit harder to work on, how is this one?
Old 05-15-2007, 07:57 AM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alvinm,

The first time you tear the truck down is abit daunting but after you've done it a couple times it gets very easy. I can have my truck completely torn down for maintanence in about 20mins and that completely torn down to all major components. I agree with JUCD VPR that the outdrive yokes couold be stronger and in fact there are upgrade kits for them that make them pretty much bullet proof. The diffs should be upgraded to the Nemesis Full aluminum to complete the drivetrains invincibility. I beat the living snot out of my Nemesis and I dont break too many things now that I have found all of the weak points.(there aren't many)

Besides CEN is coming out with thier own CNC aluminum suspension. I will be doing a full review of those as soon as CEN can get the full kit to me. CEN is also making alot cool upgrade stuff for the GST and Nemesis this year.

Plus you have this free source of support, if you happen to get into trouble with this beast..

My point is, you really can't go wrong with the GST or Nemesis. You wont be disappointed!!!!!
Old 05-15-2007, 02:44 PM
alvinm

In other words, you would prefer the nemesis as opposed to the GST? Any benefit to having the GST over the Nemesis (price?)
Old 05-15-2007, 03:17 PM
DarkFire989

I also have been looking at the GST and i have a feeling I will be buying one sometime during the summer. Once i sell my rs4 super nitro. To me it looks like a great truck and i bet i will have a great time with it.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:07 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

IMO:

Pros - Fast, durable, powerful, big tires, big tank, just big all around, and simply just awesome compared so some similar 1/8 scale trucks.

Cons - fuel consumption is obviously high with a .46 engine, steering servo is sketchy for such a heavy truck (GST), Transmission is slightly complicated to set up and diagnose problems for beginner and sometimes intermediate users.

In as simple of terms as possible:

GST = bashing
Nemesis = racing
Old 05-15-2007, 08:58 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nemesis = FAST Bashing too