Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Cant Wait GST 7.7 coming tomorrow

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Cant Wait GST 7.7 coming tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 11:13 AM
DarkFire989

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cant Wait GST 7.7 coming tomorrow

yeah im not that sure what the temps are, i need a temp gun, any sugestions?

Update: well i finished ideling the first 3 tanks and I started to take it slow around the yard but then it just cut out on me[&:] Possibly too hot? idle to low? well it didnt really matter now bucause its raining now, anyone have a clue why it could of shut off? also when it starts going it kinda makes a wierd sound then stops after i speed up. is that just the transmission switching into 2nd? Thanks for your help.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:50 PM
dStruct714

I have a MicroTemp MT002 temp guage, and it seems to work well..

With the carb tuned so rich it's normal for it to die on you. You could have it idling and just touch the gas a little and it could load up the engine and die, there's just so much fuel being pushed in it bogs it down. Now if the temps get up over 280-300F your engine may overheat and die, and that wouldn't be good, however with the settings I listed above it shouldn't be able to overheat unless there's something wrong like an air leak in the carb and/or motor itself.

You might try setting your idle a little higher to keep it running.. I believe the normal idle is where the clutch bell on the motor doesn't turn by itself at idle..? Anyone confirm that?

As for the weird sound, it does make slightly weird noises if you're not used to what the truck sounds like, can you explain in more detail exactly what's happening? Is the truck stopping on it's own, if so your brake linkage may need adjusting.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:04 PM
DarkFire989

Its kinda of like the engines struguling almost, not really, but once it accelerates a bit more it turns off.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:15 PM
burningpoo

that sound is it shifting...if you haven't changed your glowplug after breakin it's time for that now and she should stay running if your needles are close to right
Old 07-19-2007, 08:39 PM
DarkFire989

Yeah Ill get my dad to stop at the store sometime, or just order from tower. Dont you guys use a OS #8?
Old 07-19-2007, 09:06 PM
burningpoo

os #8 plug and I run 30% byron fuel
Old 07-20-2007, 11:08 AM
dStruct714

I run an OS #8 on my GST, and if the sound you're talking about is after you accelerate a little and it's trying to shift into 3rd it sometimes kinda chirps a little, it's just like when you put a real car into 5th gear doing like 20mph, it stutters. The clutch is trying to shift into 3rd but needs just a little more rpms to do it. Happens all the time to me.

It's not a bad idea to keep a few glow plugs handy, I usually have at least one on hand. As for it not running it could be a fouled plug, or it could be running too rich, it's also possible if you have it running REALLY lean it could die as well.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:50 PM
DarkFire989

Yeah, Im gona buy a few plugs off tower, and probably the reciver pack and charger. Sooner or later I might buy the 4WS upgrade. Has anyone done that yet?
Old 07-20-2007, 06:05 PM
dStruct714

I was thinking the same thing until I got my GST running and tuned good, with the brakes dialed in and the motor making good power I don't really see a need for 4WS since it turns pretty good already. The RX pack will make a huge difference in the turning though, those 4 AA's suck at 4.8v vs. 6v..