Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Nemesis Monday

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 12:38 PM
bcbasser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nemesis Monday

I am new here and I just orderd a new Nemesis....it will be here monday...I can not fricking wait!!! Are there any suggestions for upgrades or set up and the like????
Old 07-25-2007, 12:39 PM
bcbasser

Default RE: Nemesis Monday

Old 07-25-2007, 12:53 PM
thurlow

I'm certain The Real Dogman will have a few suggestions

IN the mean time look around, there is TONS of info here
Old 07-25-2007, 01:03 PM
bcbasser

I have been a reading fool!!!
Old 07-25-2007, 02:01 PM
SOILWORK

Welcome to the forums,

The nemesis doesn't need much upgrading, it's a real durable and strong truck. The only upgrades you need to buy to start are a stronger steering servo, the updated axles(part# GS028) the stock ones are real thin and break easily. And the other upgrade is the Ofna fuel pump and primer(part#10168) this will help your engine run more consistantly through the whole tank of fuel because the Nemesis and GST both suffer from the Half tank lean issue.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99699.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	729831   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt63059.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	729832  
Old 07-25-2007, 03:21 PM
.46NitroAddict

ORIGINAL: bcbasser

I have been a reading fool!!!
Welcolme to the boards bcbasser,

If you want help you are definately going about it the right way..........

EDIT; looks like I'm the fool.......Guess that's what you get for reading at 4am straight after getting out of bed, before work! A Severe Lack of Comprehension.......My Sincerest apologies[:@][:@]

Regards, .46NitroAddict [>:]
Old 07-25-2007, 04:10 PM
jombo

i would also remove the failsafe and add a spring at the engine(throttle return spring).the other is relocate the battery tray to ontop of the reciever, it will pay for itself once done when you run into water.have fun
Old 07-25-2007, 04:51 PM
VDub99AML
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think he meant it as an insult, I think he was saying he has been a "reading fool" as in reading a lot.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:28 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well fellas, as you have guessed I do have several mods i feel are required and a few that are personal choice. It will really depend on hard you plan on driving your Nemesis. While I was testing a roll cage I was developing, I beat the living snot out of my Nemi in the process, however I did not find many weak points, but there were a couple things I felt needed "help". I'm going to be general because it would take too long to get into too much detail here, but if you are interested in any of them, I will try to get you the info. First I will show you what I feel are required and then the personal touches.

Required mods:
1)OFNA Fuel Filter/Primer(checkvalve) Mod-Stabilizes the pressure in the fuel tank for more consistent engine performance.
2)If your truck did not come with the heavy duty stub axles(you can tell by Which set screw is in the center for the pin) Get heavy duty Axles
3)Stronger steering servo(s) This truck needs at least 280oz of servo torque(either signle $130 Servo Or $30 Dual Servo Mod, for which I will be doing a detailed write up soon)
4)Cut an air hle in the windshield for better cooling on the head of the engine.
5)Return spring on the throttle(either GST Style or on the carb) Just incase you loose power or throttle linkage failure

Personal Choices:
1)Lower body and roll bar
2)Remove rear bumper
3)Shim stub axles outside of hub
4)Add Screws to end of stub axles to stop wheel wobble
5)Add washers to suspension arms @ hinges pins to remove extra forward and backward movement
6)Shim Bearing carriers @ c-hub to limit up down movement
7)Shim diffs for better pinion to ring gear mesh
8)Lock center diff for enhanced power to all wheels
9)Change front and rea diff fluid to something more like OFNA's 120,000wt silicone dif fluid to help counter torque steer
10)Remove 1set of the disk brakes @ tranny(requires locked center diff) Less stress on brake servo,maybe. less wieght and drag on drive train
11)Change cooling head to Nova Rossi cooling head fro better cooling and more durable to roll over crashes, the OEM top fins break very easy
12)Change air filter to something like K&N or Motor Saver for better filtration.
13)Move air filter to behind the Front shock tower to get cleaner air using cod air tube or custom make one
14)5 Cell RX Hump Battery Pack for 6volts to servos as opposed to 4aa's @ 4.8 Volts.
15)Move battery in front of shock tower to get up out of the water and to make room for Dual Steering Servo Mod
16)Add third gear to transmission for better top speed
17)Change pinions to 17T and 21T for better low end torque.
18)Change to aluminum clutch shoes(I dont use them, but some do and sone say they "hit" harder but waer faster)
19)Change to CNC'd Aluminum Fly wheel for better balance on the crank shaft
20)Remove Baffles out of OEM Muffler for better sound, some say better low end torque
21)Change Heavy OEM muffle to OFNA P3 pipe, or OEM matrix arena pipe for better tune and lighter wieght
22)Change tire and wheel package to 40 Series Tires and wheels for snappier accelleration and more stable handling
23)Add Various CNC'd Aluminum suspension Components(look for future write-ups/reveiws from me)
24)Change shock oil to suite your driving style(More of a tuning thing but a mod)
25)Dremel the header inside where you see the pipe extend into the header flange for better exhaust flow
26)Add CNC bumpers from CEN(look For write-up/review very soon)
27)change Oem Spur gears to CEN's New CNC Steel Spur Gears to get rid of the two piece wobble[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6072270/tm.htm](See My Write-up/review here)[/link]
28)Add brace from the tp of the rear shock tower to front of engine mounting plate for better support on hard rear end landings
29)Change all screws to Stanless steel screws to fight the red rash
30)Good Strong roll cage(I dont use one after extensive testing I found this truck really doesn't need one, if yor gonna basjh that hard your gonn bend or break whatever cage you put on it and break what ever is underneath the cage, but thats just my opinion)
31)Add Roto-Start in place of pull start for obvious advantages
32)Take lots of pics to share with us!!!!

whew!!! I'm sure there are more that I missed, so anyone that can think of them please add to this!!

Hope this helps somehow and if you want more deatiled info on any of these mods I have listed, feel free to ask....

Old 07-25-2007, 08:42 PM
burningpoo

wow man that was sweet...how's your head feel?
Old 07-25-2007, 08:58 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol swollen!!!!
Old 07-26-2007, 05:26 AM
.46NitroAddict

ORIGINAL: VDub99AML

I don't think he meant it as an insult, I think he was saying he has been a "reading fool" as in reading a lot.
Hi VDub99AML,

Thanks for pointing out my lack of understanding! I hadn't heard that one - Sorry

See edited post.

Hey bcbasser,

you won't be disappointed with your purchase!

p.s. I can personally vouch for TRD's, twin steering mod. It works a treat!

Regards, .46NitroAddict [>:] (sorry for my unfounded remarks)
Old 07-26-2007, 06:16 AM
VDub99AML
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to bring peace back to RCU.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:06 AM
bcbasser

ORIGINAL: .46NitroAddict

ORIGINAL: VDub99AML

Hi VDub99AML,

Thanks for pointing out my lack of understanding! I hadn't heard that one - Sorry

See edited post.

Hey bcbasser,

you won't be disappointed with your purchase!

p.s. I can personally vouch for TRD's, twin steering mod. It works a treat!

Regards, .46NitroAddict [>:] (sorry for my unfounded remarks)

No prob...I can not wait to get it...where do you guys suggest I find some of this stuff...I have done ome looking and I can't seem to find one or two places that have the stuff I want...OFNA fuel filter and the other things posted in the pic above..
Old 07-26-2007, 09:19 AM
SOILWORK

You can buy the Ofna fuel filter at www.towerhobbies.com and you can buy the axles at www.customrccars.com or you can buy them at
www.cendirect.com.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:41 AM
.46NitroAddict

Hi bcbasser,

You can also buy the ofna valve [link=http://www.killerhobbies.com/items/nitro-products/nitro-accessories/ofna-fuel-filter-with-primer-pump-ofn10168-detail.htm] here [/link],

I can personally vouch for the CEN Racing Direct Store, it is fast & they are eager to help!
You can aslo try the Bay, if your LHS's are as greedy as mine. ('PM' me if you want a coupla reliable sellers).

Regards, .46NitroAddict [>:]