Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

cen magnum nc clutch bell with gears.

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

cen magnum nc clutch bell with gears.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 10:34 PM
taski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cen magnum nc clutch bell with gears.

im having some problems with the trucks clutch bell with aluminum gears. i have the steel spur gears and grinds or scrapes the aluminum gears. this is my second clutch bell... going on third.. sigh'. cuz i know CEN dont make clutch bell with steel gears on.. any help?
Old 09-28-2007, 07:17 AM
derrick05

Default RE: cen magnum nc clutch bell with gears.

Iknow exactly what youre going through.Those steel spurs will eat up your pinions.Maybe someone else has a better solution,but the only solution I came up with is to run the plastic spurs.CEN needs to make the steel pinions to match the steel spurs or a slipper clutch so the plastics will last longer than a gallon.I am a hardcore cen fan,but this problem does need to be addressed.Even the MG-16 has a slipper clutch and is a hundred dollars cheaper[:@]
Old 09-28-2007, 01:11 PM
CEN Racing

Actually we do make a steel clutch bell that will hold up to the CNC spur gears it will take away form your bottom end slightly but not a huge difference part number is G84310-04 buy it at www.cenracingdirect.com
Old 09-28-2007, 05:23 PM
taski

thanks for the replys..
Old 09-28-2007, 08:46 PM
taski

btw, can the clutch bell t14 t18 can go perfectly with spur gear t47 t44?
Old 09-29-2007, 06:01 AM
derrick05

Great information.This is a new one on me,wich is exactly why I said maybe someone else has a better solution.I notice you give only one part number.Is this the only steel clutch bell that will work?I guess what Im getting at is I like the ability to run different gear ratios,depending on the situation.There is a pretty wide selection of the stock pinions.All it takes is to screw them off and threadlock them back on.Do I still have the same wide selection of gear ratios as with the stock pinions,or is this a non-changable clutch bell.If this is the one with the pinions permanately fixed to the clutchbell,I ordered one from cen direct,and after two low-speed jumps,I landed and my engine would rev but my truck wouldnt move[:@]After inspection,the cause was that those steel pinions were broke loose from the clutch bell.They were sitll attached but the weld or whatever attaches the gears to the bell had failed on the very first run.I have an O.S. CVRX.18 on mine.Maybe to much but I had real issues with the stock motor.I will take any feedback because my MAGNUM is on the shelf at this time due to this problem.This is exactly why I think theres a need for a slipper-clutch here,but thats just my opinion so dont throw a rod
Old 09-30-2007, 08:50 PM
digout

HPI makes a steel 2-speed clutch bell that a few have tried. It is part number A820 and A823 (11/14 and 13/16). Most people would keep the same number of teeth apart on clutch bell and spur gear 2 speeds.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:00 PM
brushedtooth

I had the same issue with the clutch bell and pinions, I was using the CEN 14T/17T with an SH .18 engine (Japenese version of the VX-18, better built more power, but still runs HOT). I would like to put the HPI A825 13/18 in there, but thats a 5 tooth difference. Right now I am running the 15/18 and it hasn't broken yet.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:09 AM
derrick05

Thank you brushedtooth.Im going to look into that.Wish I could trade mine for a MG-16
Old 10-02-2007, 05:57 PM
offroadfury

Ok here is my two cents, Due to my frustrations with this same issue this problem can easily be resolved. Cen already has all the prints still for making the aluminum pinions from 11T - 19T so wouldn't it just make sense to have them made in steel. Seems to me like this would make customers happy plus you still make money. You are only offering 3 options...
G84310-04 Steel Clutch Bell T14-T18
G84307-04 Steel Clutch Bell T15-T18
G84308-04 Steel Clutch Bell T14 T17

None of those options suit Monster truck wheels and tires unless we want to make are trucks slower on the bottom end. There was another option and that was using the HPI Clutch Bell 11T/14T 2-Speed but that is not an option now either as it has been discontinued. I don't think making CNC steel spurs without making steel pinions was the right way to go, it looks more like the steel spurs were made to make a sucker profit so people would have to keep buying more crappy, and poorly built
G84310-04 Steel Clutch Bell T14-T18, G84307-04 Steel Clutch Bell T15-T18, G84308-04 Steel Clutch Bell T14 T17 The crimp job on these parts are horrible. Please can we get a good gesture here and have them made
Old 10-02-2007, 10:14 PM
derrick05

ORIGINAL: offroadfury

Ok here is my two cents, Due to my frustrations with this same issue this problem can easily be resolved. Cen already has all the prints still for making the aluminum pinions from 11T - 19T so wouldn't it just make sense to have them made in steel. Seems to me like this would make customers happy plus you still make money. You are only offering 3 options...
G84310-04 Steel Clutch Bell T14-T18
G84307-04 Steel Clutch Bell T15-T18
G84308-04 Steel Clutch Bell T14 T17

None of those options suit Monster truck wheels and tires unless we want to make are trucks slower on the bottom end. There was another option and that was using the HPI Clutch Bell 11T/14T 2-Speed but that is not an option now either as it has been discontinued. I don't think making CNC steel spurs without making steel pinions was the right way to go, it looks more like the steel spurs were made to make a sucker profit so people would have to keep buying more crappy, and poorly built
G84310-04 Steel Clutch Bell T14-T18, G84307-04 Steel Clutch Bell T15-T18, G84308-04 Steel Clutch Bell T14 T17 The crimp job on these parts are horrible. Please can we get a good gesture here and have them made
[X(]Exactly what I was trying to say[:-]As I said before,CEN DOES NEED TO ADRESS THIS ISSUE.I am so glad you said what you did because when I mentioned earlier that the problem needed to be adressed the cen guy came back and tried to make me look small[:@]so now that its more than me,maybe cen will take a look at this.The MG-16 is a hundred dollars cheaper but has a slipper clutch.If you own a Magnum or MT-SPEC you will have to constantly buy gears.Thats why mine stays on the shelf[:@]
Old 10-02-2007, 10:36 PM
brushedtooth

CEN makes a 11T/14T clutch bell, they also make a threaded clutch bell that takes various pinions. For the threaded clutch bell it is part number FFS001, the gears which go from 13 to 18, start with FFS013 to FFS018. They also have an 11T/14T clutch bell part # G84309-04. The threaded clutch bell and pinion setup looks very similar to what HPI offers. I plan on ordering some of these soon.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:18 PM
offroadfury

ORIGINAL: brushedtooth

CEN makes a 11T/14T clutch bell, they also make a threaded clutch bell that takes various pinions. For the threaded clutch bell it is part number FFS001, the gears which go from 13 to 18, start with FFS013 to FFS018. They also have an 11T/14T clutch bell part # G84309-04. The threaded clutch bell and pinion setup looks very similar to what HPI offers. I plan on ordering some of these soon.
But those pinions and clutch bells are not steel don't buy them if you have steel spurs they won't last one fuel tank
Old 10-09-2007, 09:06 PM
brushedtooth

CEN's steel clutch bells are junk, I had my second one break this weekend. This time 4 teeth were ripped off, I have to find another manufacture of them.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:13 PM
CEN Racing

The only way to break teeth off the stell clutch bells is if your gear mesh is off make sure that your mesh is correct you can do this by inserting a peice of paper between the two sets of gears and then tighten the motor down once tighten remove paper and you ave a perfect mesh.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:45 PM
derrick05

Correct gear mesh or not,we still heve to buy new gears more than any other nitro MT.You respond to the broke teeth but have nothing to say about the terrible crimp job on the one that you do offer.Maybe one person out of ten may be due to incorrect gear mesh,but what about the rest of the people.I know mine isnt due to improper gear mesh nor is everybody elses.Its just not fair to cen customers to have to purchase a set of spurs with evrey half gallon of fuel.You guys could easily make the steel threaded pinion to solve the problem.My question is why dont you?Dont you think your customers deserve that?You kill me always trying to make it look like the customers fault,even when it is clearly not the case.IMPROPER GEAR MESH,never can admit that its the manufacturers fault,even when it is loud and clear[:@]
Old 10-11-2007, 02:00 PM
CEN Racing

We are working on a fix for the pinion gears so they will work with the cnc spur gears and not have any issues we are still in prototype phases and trying to come up with the best solution that will still keep the cost down so it will not be expensive to buy the parts.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:40 PM
offroadfury

ORIGINAL: CEN Racing

We are working on a fix for the pinion gears so they will work with the cnc spur gears and not have any issues we are still in prototype phases and trying to come up with the best solution that will still keep the cost down so it will not be expensive to buy the parts.
We already solved that problem for you. Take the designs from the aluminum 11-19t pinions you already have made and make them out of steel. HOW HARD IS THAT? It doesn't take a staff meeting to come up with a plan that we have already solved. You knew this was going to be an issue when you released the CNC Spurs and your just know thinking of what to do. The spurs and pinions should have been released at the same time or shortly after.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:09 PM
derrick05

Yea,what offroadfury saidI like you.You know the exact words to use to get your point across.Couldnt have said it better myself.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:01 PM
brushedtooth

ORIGINAL: CEN Racing

The only way to break teeth off the stell clutch bells is if your gear mesh is off make sure that your mesh is correct you can do this by inserting a peice of paper between the two sets of gears and then tighten the motor down once tighten remove paper and you ave a perfect mesh.
That is how I set the gear mesh before they got ripped off.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:16 PM
CEN Racing

We are making an upgrade one peice clutch bell we can not mold steel gears out of the aluminum molds cause there are none the aluminum gears are machined not molded so that wont work already until the upgrade is out you can send in your broken clutch bells if you feel they are prematurely breaking for warranty inspection.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:53 PM
offroadfury

what will the pinion ratios be
Old 10-12-2007, 12:57 PM
CEN Racing

they will be the same as the stock aluminum pinions are 11t and 14t
Old 10-12-2007, 06:29 PM
derrick05

Only one gear ratio?[:@]
Old 10-23-2007, 10:38 PM
rolland

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check this thread for aftermarket pinion info. Some of the parts listed may not be in production anymore.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_30..._pinion/tm.htm

rolland

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.