Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

CEN Racing Cares

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 07:43 AM
derrick05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CEN Racing Cares

ORIGINAL: SOILWORK

A stronger telescopic driveshaft for the GST. You shoudn't have to spend the extra money replacing the GST drivetrain parts with the Nemesis drive train parts.
There it is,that is the only reason I bought a nemesis instead of GST.The GST looks better but the nemesis is more durable.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:00 PM
CEN Racing

ORIGINAL: nick2618

Thanks but item number did not work on your website??

http://www.cenracingdirect.com/index...arch=GO&Page=1

it may not be on the internet yet but it does exsist if you ever need to order it again just give us a call we will help you out
Old 11-08-2007, 02:41 PM
blackrain

in all the things we mentioned in the post are any being considered into production if so witch one?
Old 11-08-2007, 02:45 PM
CEN Racing

We consisder everything but if i told you what one was being release then it would not be a secret now would it
Old 11-08-2007, 03:15 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: CEN Racing

We consisder everything but if i told you what one was being release then it would not be a secret now would it
Why Does It Need To Be Secret?? You might get more intrest and the word spread faster if we knew. We could get intrest piqued before its release so when it does get released you wont have problem with sales!!!
Old 11-08-2007, 04:02 PM
SOILWORK

ORIGINAL: The Real Dogman

Why Does It Need To Be Secret?? You might get more intrest and the word spread faster if we knew. We could get intrest piqued before its release so when it does get released you wont have problem with sales!!!

I agree. Any more info on the GST 4.6....come on CEN.

Old 11-08-2007, 04:56 PM
mattyb13

Hey maybe a "PRO KIT" for the Matrix buggy that was all the CNC parts and or Carbon fiber parts in one kit. One simple rebuild. FOR SURE a better motor on the Matrix RTR. Some sort of "Good" club racing after market .21 engine available through CEN for the Matrix... Just a few thoughts.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:37 PM
CEN Racing

ok ok we might be making a wing mount but who nos it might be for the new truck idk im just the guy who messes with your guys minds to get you to wonder whats going on lol
Old 11-08-2007, 06:07 PM
CEN_BERD

This one is for CEN....I bought a Matrix RTR about a month ago. The motor ran fine for the breakin.. When i finishied with the breakin series, as instructed, I couldn`t get this motor to run for nothing. It would start ...then stop. did alot of research to see what I could do to get this NX26 to run right and couldn`t...Even had some experienced friends take a go at it and they just couldn`t believe that i spent all that money on a buggy and it won`t run...I myself don`t think it`s fair..This is supose to be a 2007 product..I feel as if I got jipped the cost of a motor. The buggy part is fine...should of bought the kit. I know you guy`s have a trade in program...but I feel why should I put anymore money into this product, and why should I trust another motor from you guy`s. I`m very disappointed and very unsatisfied. You came highly recommended and then this. I know now that i`m not the only one. But what I do want to know is, what are you gonna do about it?...I do know that if you pay that much money for a product, it sure as hell better work...Looking forward to your reply and a resolution this my, and the, problem...thanx....CEN_BERD
Old 11-11-2007, 05:01 PM
SOILWORK

A motor mount for the Nemesis and GST that will let you run a 28
Old 11-12-2007, 07:51 PM
CEN Racing

Thanks for letting us know- We will be fixing that today...
please call us if you have any concerns:
714-792-1923
Old 11-13-2007, 03:37 AM
r_sheppard

My brand new cen matrix arena rtr wing mount is broken after my first small jump and tumble. no big deal though. Now two of the variable angle holes on one side of the wing mount have become one because the thin plastic seperating them broke through. Maybe the holes could be strengthened by having less of them, and thus more plastic between them? just a thought.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:06 PM
CEN Racing

You can drill a new hole so that the wing is level... thats what some of our pros do-
Old 11-18-2007, 08:06 AM
pede_187

Manufacture future Magnum NX's with steel CB's and spur gears.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:13 AM
jombo

ORIGINAL: CEN Racing

You can drill a new hole so that the wing is level... thats what some of our pros do-
after reading this post insteas of fixing the problem you are asking him to put a bandaid on a part that seems to fail even with the pros. its not like he asked for a new one but suggested a fix for the issue. makes me wonder about this thread
Old 11-19-2007, 02:29 PM
jamie
My Feedback: (2)

HEY GUYS i have a new gst i have never heard this thing shift i have tweaked and tweaked i have even change the clutch on the 2 spped itself what am i missing this thing should shift out the box right.............. and i have put my locker in the diff i really like that but like to here the baby shift and see it any help would be great
Old 11-26-2007, 07:31 PM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how about getting the new arms to all the matrix tr people whos dog bones are popping out? i hear people complaining about that everywhere i go!! i havnt had the prob, but im limited in shock mounting positions...
ive heard rumors about he new arms for months now... how long can it possibly take to make a set of arms 1-2 mm shorter?
id say that should be top priority, fix what you have first.. its a design flaw, that were gonna have to pay for to fix.
sure theres other solutions, like shimming the shafts inward, but should someone who spent almost $500 for a kit with no wheels, tires or body have to do that? the cen is nearly as expensive as any other truggy once you buy all the stuff that usually comes in other kits? i just bought a hyper st pro, it was the same price as the cen but it came with wheels, tires, body, tons of extra hardware, and a freakin pipe! way better value in my eyes... how can a cen be so expensive, its missing $150 worth of standard equipment? if cen wants to compete they need to up the value they pass along to consumers. even tho i run a cen and am loyal, if someone asks me advise on what to get i cant say a cen.. theyre too expensive! to pour salt into my loyal cen wounds the hyper spanks my matrix on the track!!!!!!! cheaper and faster = better value...
another thing.. the tank totally sucks on the matrix, the design is the worst ive seen? you cant only have spring pressure on the back half of the lid.. that causes it to flex and leak. so i have to run a kyosho tank just to hold fuel? ive talked with other matrix owners and they say the same thing.
how about offering us some spring options for the cen, as it is i have to run springs from other companies? maybe some threaded hinge pins, you already have them for the genesis, why not package some up with a matrix label on em? e clips totally suck if ya didnt know?
ohh and a better designed air filter neck! i cant believe we have to put the filter directly in front of the motor and block its air flow? ive resorted to extending a u shaped ofna neck to clear the big center brace. ive never ran anything that i had to use parts from so many different manufacturers to make work properly? personally i see all those other cens at the hobby shop, but no one into the hobby actually buys them? they just collect dust in this area... refine what you have thats good, stop making so many different models and support the people who paid for your most expensive products. monster trucks are dead around here, just a few kids at the track run them, same with 1/10, 1/8 is where all the money is spent, and its the highest profile. you should focus on it.
cen is just getting past the "crappy" stereotype, dont leave the loyal cenners hangin! i love my matrix tr and i hope i can continue to run it, but theres too many kits that are a much better value out there. if you dont make it a better deal your going to lose all the support from people like myself. the hop up parts are even priced crazy? sure i bought every single piece you offer, but do you know how much i spent to do it? i could have a bce chassis mugen for the same price!

i hadnt noticed this section before, thats why you hadnt heard from me already! if you dont believe what im sayin ill go get some people who feel the same as i do. if these things arent addressed by spring im changing brands...ive been waiting for some advancement of this truck, but its just dead in the water it seems? the matrix is good, but not that good. everyone always says how good the support is for cen, but if that were the case id think wed have seen these arms at least? maybe some tuning options even... but nothing new at all? well aside from the $3 diff cross pins... how exciting... they were already made by gene and available. but no arms?
i assumed cen wanted to be competitive on the race scene, but the lack of support for my truck has been bothering me... i paid a fortune for this damn thing!!

im not being negative here, im just trying to pass along what i and many other people have been thinking for a while now....

so whats cen gonna do?[:-]

ive ran the matrix for a season now and for the most part ive been happy with it, but as you can see ive found several weak links in its armor! if these few things can be addressed i think the cen would be a contender!

if youd like to pick my brain more on this subject please feel free to email me at,

[email protected]

i dont spend much time on this forum...

im talking to cen, so no need for an argument from the readers.. let cen reply to me.

thanks!
Old 12-03-2007, 06:38 PM
revopqrs

.... crickets......
Old 12-03-2007, 11:26 PM
SavageSpawn
My Feedback: (2)

I just saw this on neo buggy:

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=3042

Following team CEN USA's fantastic finishes at this year's worlds warmup held at the Farm 2, Carlotte USA, despite difficult conditions, Andy Smolnik and Gene Hickerson made the final with heavily modded CEN Matrixs (matrices?!) We caught up with CEN and we can exclusively reveal some details about the new CEN Re-Matrix due for Spring/Summer 2008 release in time for the Worlds in September.

Some of the key new features include -
- Lighter drivetrain
- Material changes? (areas lightened and toughened)
- One piece radio tray
- Emphasis of easy of maintenance and working on the car
- No E-clips!
- New Lighteweight parts, including stiffeners
- New body design
Lots more stuff!

I would sugest an upgrade kit for current Matrix TR owners like myself. Love the truck. It can sure take a beating, If you saw how I "can't" drive you would under stand.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:04 PM
BIGAIRBEN

WOW!!!! ITS FUNNY HOW WHEN YOU TALK TO CEN SUPPORT THAY ACT AS IF THAY HAVENT HEARD OF THE PROBLEMS OR GIVE YA A SILLY EXCUSE FOR WHY YOUR MILLION DOLLAR TRUCK DOESENT WORK PROPERLY..AND GIVE ONE PERSON ONE ANSWER AND ANOTHER SOMTHING ELSE ...I HAVE ALL THE SAME PROBLEMS AS MENTIONED ABOVE BUY revopqrs BUT HAVENT GIVEN UP HOPE YET ..I HAVE SPENT ALOT OF MONEY AND ALOT OF TIME TRYING TO GET THIS TRUGGY TO OPERATE PROPERLY TO NO AVAIL BUT I WILL GIVE IT ONE MORE CHANCE AND DO WHAT I WAS TOLD BUY THE REP AND AFTER THAT ILL START OVER WITH SOMETHING ELSE...BUT I MUST SAY THAT THAY DO HAVE GOOD SUPPORT AND ARE TRYING BUT NOT SURE ITS GOING TO BE WORTH THE WAIT..WHO KNOWS MAYBE IT ALL OPPERATOR ERROR[&:]
Old 12-07-2007, 03:01 AM
wriffwraff

cen matrix tr arena suggestions: a lightweight [longer if possible] chassis b/c the matrix is about a lb heavier than the competition, stiffer springs and bigger shocks, 17 MM hubs instead of uncommon 23 MM; the wing mount breaks all too frequently [beef up the wing mounts and braces], the ready to run engines are too much of an issue [perhaps discontinue the rtr and focus on the FRE, if the rtr is unrealistic], discontinue the skyion electronics on the rtr [the electronics proved to be a very poor offering], the diameter of the center gear is too big [it chews up servo wire and fuel line], re-engineer the fuel tank and the fuel tank lid to hold pressure and to stay closed during roll-overs, re-engineer and re-route the air filter and the filter neck [the draw-bridge-like chassis braces probably would have to be removed to accomplish that], re-engineer the access of the center diff, cos' it's way too difficult to access and reassemble, lower the body and-or body mounts of the truggy [ the body profile is a tad bit high], engineer some side chassis guards [dirt is everywhere and expensive aftermarket pipes take a beating w/o side guards], cvd or captured drive train front and rear, replace all e-clips with threaded rods and nuts, all hinge pins should be threaded and bolted up, the steering throw is too wide [this truggy turns wide], smoother diff gears and drive train [truggy pushes way wide in turns and accelerates wildly down the straights ], tweak the balance of the truck a bit more [ jumps are decent, however, the truggy could be a bit more balanced and consistent... you really have to work to go fast on a track], fit and finish could be improved [ ex: the body and body mounting posts sit at an awkward angle. the lower shock ends are a struggle to fit into the lower arms. the chassis braces are simply in the way. the suspension is incompatible with most regular sized zero offset wheels. zero offset's rub. ], the servo saver [offer the upper aluminum saver stock and invert it to make it friendlier], the owners manual and all of the reference materials could be more detailed [ex: the engine mounting screws are specified incorrectly], the reference materials have typo's and misspellings [ ex: the box and manuals have typo's ]. the red hop ups are a tad bit expensive. i could only stomach the cnc servo saver and the cnc turnbuckles. the turnbuckles and upper saver are essentials, so owners might as well just add approx. $100.00 to the initial cost of this truggy. nonetheless, if cen continues to invest and refine, the matrix TR arena will remain confidently among the competition. until then, there are other offerings that appear to be a bit superior in fit, finish and value.

please note: despite the challenges, i still love my cen matrix truggy b/c it's rugged and fun to drive. also, it's my first nitro RC, so that alone, i don't ever plan to part with it. however, i want to do a little comparison, so i might purchase the mugen mbx5t standard truggy come spring 2008 [sm=49_49.gif] the only [visible] shortcoming i see with the standard mugen truggy kit are the e-clips. nonetheless, i'll replace em' with the threaded rods and nylon nuts that are reserved for the prospect kit. i mean, the prospect kit is cool, but i think an e-clipless mugen standard truggy would be the more responsible choice, if you know what i mean my friend [sm=49_49.gif]

12/27/07 edit: recently changed the diffs [thicker oil]. so, the jury is still out on turning and acceleration. a brief test run and the truck is turning better and not pushing as much. i hate to admit it, but the steering/acceleration issues i posted here, may have been a direct result of incorrect setup aka " user error ". true, i don't know how sharp other truggy's turn, so i can't totally bring that issue to a close. however, i can say that the truggy is noticeably better with thicker oil in the diffs, so i decided to edit this post to be fair about that aspect [:-]

maybe cen and all manufacturers should include an in depth " user dvd " with each kit sold. something that outlines each and every aspect of owning, maintaining, tuning and racing the product. something to assist beginners through experts. once you get into it, the parts are pretty simple to work with and replace or upgrade, however, this hobby is very challenging to run, tune and race. so a " RC for Dummies " DVD, just might work
Old 12-07-2007, 07:30 AM
The Real Dogman

ORIGINAL: wriffwraff

cen matrix tr arena suggestions: a [longer and lightweight] chassis b/c the matrix is about a lb heavier than the competition, stiffer springs and bigger shocks, 17 MM hubs instead of uncommon 23 MM; the wing mount breaks all too frequently [beef up the wing mounts and braces], the ready to run engines are too much of an issue [perhaps discontinue the rtr and focus on the FRE, if the rtr is unrealistic], discontinue the skyion electronics on the rtr [the electronics proved to be a very poor offering], the diameter of the center gear is too big [it chews up servo wire and fuel line], re-engineer the fuel tank and the fuel tank lid to hold pressure and to stay closed during roll-overs, re-engineer and re-route the air filter and the filter neck [the draw-bridge-like chassis braces probably would have to be removed to accomplish that], re-engineer the upper arms [the upper arms, front and rear, needs strenghtening], re-engineer the access of the center diff cos' it's way too difficult to access and reassemble, lower the body and-or body mounts of the truggy [ the body profile is way too high], engineer some side chassis guards [dirt is everywhere and expensive aftermarket pipes take a beating w/o side guards], cvd or captured drive train front and rear, replace all e-clips with threaded rods and nuts, all bolts and linkages should be threaded and bolted up, the steering throw is too wide [this truggy turns way too wide], smoother diff gears and drive train [truggy pushes way wide in turns and accelerates wildly down the straights ], tweak the balance of the truck a bit more [ jumps are decent, however, the truggy is not consistent or fast on the track... you really have to work to go fast on a track], fit and finish is a bit sloppy [ ex: even the body mounting posts are awkward and sit at an angle. the lower and upper shock mounts are incompatible with the upper and lower mounts. the suspension is incompatible with most regular sized zero offset wheels. the overall fit and finish of the truggy is just not there], the servo saver [offer the aluminum saver in the kit and invert it like mugen or make it friendlier], the owners manual and all of the reference materials could be better [ex: the engine mouting screws are listed and-or specified incorrectly], the reference materials have typo's and misspellings [ ex: the box that my rtr came in has typo's ]. the red hop ups costs way too much... as far as cen aluminum goes, i could only stomach the servo saver and the turnbuckles. that alone is almost 100.00 added to the intial cost of the truck. owners have to run out immediately and get those two items b/c the stock versions are problematic right out of the box. so, truth be told, the cen truggy, rtr or fre, was never " honestly " affordable or competitive out of the box. more work and more investment and it could happen though. until then, there are other offerings that appear to be superior in fit, finish and value.

please note: despite the challenges, i still love my cen matrix truggy b/c it's my first nitro RC. i don't ever plan to part with it. however, i plan to race next season, so i've decided to purchase the mugen mbx5t standard truggy come sring 2008 [sm=49_49.gif] the only shortcoming i see with the standard mugen truggy kit are the e-clips. i'll replace em' with the threaded rods and nylon nuts that are reserved for the prospect kit. i mean, the prospect kit is cool, but i think an e-clipless mugen standard truggy would be a more responsible choice, if you know what i mean my friend [sm=49_49.gif]

And all this coming from a guy, who just 2 months ago was singing high praises for his CEN product!!! Wow what a flip!!
Old 12-07-2007, 11:17 AM
wriffwraff

hey, what's up everyone. as stated earlier, overall, i love my cen matrix truggy and will never part with it for that reason. however, i'm under the impression that this particular post or forum was originated by cen for feedback regarding their products. so, i see it just as they do... an opportunity to make their products better. i don't know of any product, system, or person, for that matter, that doesn't need or require improvement, growth or refinement... me included so it is from that perspective that i've offered my experience with the cen matrix truggy. i point out the challenges for the benefit of cen and cen owners, so try to see the positive side of research and development. you have to discuss the challenges and issues with the product... i think it's a very healthy and progressive approach on cen's part.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:13 PM
SOILWORK

ORIGINAL: wriffwraff

hey, what's up everyone. as stated earlier, overall, i love my cen matrix truggy and will never part with it for that reason. however, i'm under the impression that this particular post or forum was originated by cen for feedback regarding their products. so, i see it just as they do... an opportunity to make their products better. i don't know of any product, system, or person, for that matter, that doesn't need or require improvement, growth or refinement... me included so it is from that perspective that i've offered my experience with the cen matrix truggy. i point out the challenges for the benefit of cen and cen owners, so try to see the positive side of research and development. you have to discuss the challenges and issues with the product... i think it's a very healthy and progressive approach on cen's part.
I couldn't have said it better myself, although I don't have any issues with my CEN products, it means a lot when a company takes the time and listens to it's customers and listens to feedback. Not to many companies like that around today. Most companies believe that when a product leaves thier R&D department, that it is pefect and the customer doesn't know what they are doing. For CEN to step up like this and take time to listen and respond, I congratulate you on great customer service.[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Old 12-07-2007, 02:14 PM
The Real Dogman

Wriff

Dont Misunderstand, By No Means was my post meant to offend, I was just surprised that came from you when the last I heard you were just giddy about your Arena. I applaud your honest and concise assesment on what, in your experience, needs to be improved.

CEN Has done a fantastic job of stepping up their customer service and product. As been stated before there are not many manufacturers that will go into a forum and ask for feedback on current products.

We straight??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.