Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

CEN Racing Cares

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 01:00 PM
Andrew Smolnik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CEN Racing Cares

Let us know how it works out Wriff!!
Old 12-14-2007, 10:26 PM
muck76

How about a stronger head for my MG16 stock engine. Great truck, i have modded items i wanted changed but the head i can not find a match to help that.....
Old 12-17-2007, 05:46 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Kit versions of more RCs. Im tired of trying to get rid of the stock radios form everything I buy. I normally end up changing tires too.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:51 PM
SOILWORK

ORIGINAL: dustin7837

Kit versions of more RCs. Im tired of trying to get rid of the stock radios form everything I buy. I normally end up changing tires too.

Yeah! A kit version of the GST or Nemesis would be cool.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:37 PM
Andrew Smolnik

I personally like Kits myself. But unfortunately the RTR wave has really damaged the "Kit" scene. Some companies barely offer kits for their race versions now. Hence the "race roller". It seems to be how society has evolved through technology etc. We have become greedy with our time because of the technological advances we've made. Kind of contradictive if you ask me.

RTR is to Iphone as Kit is to analog phone.

Sad really.

Lets start a Kit revolution. haha.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:08 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Well, I can understand that from a marketing standpoint, an RTR package will draw new customers, where a kit won't. But, why not produce both? The only cost is a little bit of time at the manufacturing plant to put a few RCs in a box without the radio/wheels/engine. The only new things that need to be done is to update the website/catalogs, and design a new box that says "KIT".

You are right though Andrew, its not a CEN specific thing, it's just the "New Wave".
Old 12-18-2007, 07:03 PM
blackrain

how long before we see pictures of the new truck
Old 12-18-2007, 07:03 PM
Andrew Smolnik

Dustin,

You are right. The labor isn't the problem. The problem is, will thousands of people buy a Genesis kit vs the RTR?

Its not cost effective / economical to produce limited quantities of a product.

I for one am all for Kits, but hobbyists that enjoy building kits are becoming a rare breed.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:07 PM
blackrain

well if this new .28 version of the nemesis has a lighter driveline setup. how about a upgrade packadge with all the parts for the lighter driveline for those of us who already have a nemesis and are running .28
Old 12-18-2007, 07:14 PM
Andrew Smolnik

Very possible Black Rain. I will look into that for you.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:18 PM
blackrain

thanks, i have done everything possible to make my nemesis lighter its only the drive train that holds a lot of weight still
Old 12-19-2007, 12:46 PM
CEN Racing

yeah- that is good insight.... I think the R&D guy has been playin with some bones---- stay tuned
Old 12-29-2007, 04:37 PM
richardcatdaddy

How about the real hp on the 7.7 motor?Dont say 5 cause its not.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:02 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure if its been mentioned but I would like to see the CNC towers included in the Matrix FRE kits rather than CF, which most racers replace. Also CNC knuckles, which almost ALL users replace.

On the TR I would like to see the buggys servo tray and braces used. They look much better, I haven't owned a TR yet though.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:25 PM
dakota_davies

stronger drive cups (part#gs029) for gst and nemesis
Old 01-03-2008, 10:58 PM
trarena

Hi Andrew and team

Here's my 10 cents worth on the TR Arena (and please accept my apologies in adavnce if some of these will have been repeated ad nauseum) -

1. CNC upper bell crank as standard
2. Shorter front arms (yep I hear this one is on its way)
3. More durable wing mounts - I must have bent or broken half a dozen of one or other of the MX016 parts (albeit through tipping it on it's lid!) - reduce the number of wing angle options (reduce it to three or four) to create more of a gap (and subsequent strength) between the holes
4. Front and rear hub threaded hinge pins - preferably 3.5-4mm or titanium 3mm - I have already used the Genesis ones where possible (and while your at it, electrocute the ******* who dreamt up the e-clip!)
5. Increase size of chassis hole beneath flywheel to allow for better fit with most starter boxes - only needs to be about 3-4mm to the right - or if you stick with the SH.28 pull start backplate which necessitates the use of engine mount spacers, then use a 38mm flywheel
6. Beef up the MX305 turnbuckle so we dont have to ram hinge pins into them (i now use Gene's upgrade of course)
7. Create some sort of 'spacer ring' options of say 5, 6 and 7mm to sit between the GS261 adjusting nut and the chassis to 'save' the preset servo saver gap
8. Lower body mounts (re-angle the MX308 and MX312 parts)
9. Don't recommend plastic diff cases! - change the cross pin design or planet gears so they don't need washers to fit the aluminium ones properly
10. 23mm wheel hexes are cool and beefy and I do appreciate them as a point of difference but are they actually required from an engineering point of view - if not then just run with the option of the 17mm to improve wheel choice - or, if you choose to keep the 23mm hexes, make the RTR wheels compatible with Proline Bowties, Crimefighters etc
11. Stiffer shock spring choice

That's prob enough from me and despite the fact that ther are 11 things listed above I do love the product and I thank you as a company for having the intestinal fortitude to make this thread available.

And my ultimate shock and diff set up (smooth medium sized track with fast sweepers but also tight technical sections) - Mugen (dare I say that!) red shcok springs with 500wt front and 450 wt rear; diff 10K F, 20K C, 5K R
Old 01-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Nick2618

i have a question...

Why dose the nemesis reverse system not come with the linkage??? It should be the whole kit including linkage IMO...
Old 01-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Mr Terminator

Forget R&D,how about a decent,reliable parts distributor in the United Kingdom..? Its like trying to get a straight answer off George W Bush,getting any parts for the MG16 and MG 10 over here.The Genesis is fine,we also need the Nemesis over here,I want one and dont want to have one shipped in at the prices CEN charge for shipping,$32.03 for a $3 part its laughable so imagine the cost to ship a Nemesis....[&o][&o]...Come on guys a lot of us love CEN cars in the UK and just want to keep em tip top without having to order from the US...
Old 01-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Mr Terminator

Some more color options on the wheels of the Genesis aswell as chrome...
Old 01-14-2008, 08:10 PM
CEN Racing

We are working on some new supply lines to the UK- We appreciate your patience... don't forget that www.cenracingdirect.com supplys worldwide
Old 01-14-2008, 09:17 PM
egiggy

I have a question. First before the question i will contribute to the post. I had an awesome experience with Shawn. I had a problem with my drive shafts and he took care of the part, drive axle and the problem in a timely professional manner. So as for changing anything it would be the maybe an addition to you trade in policy. You know the one where you send in any rc you have even if its damaged as long as its one of your competitors rc vehicles you will give a discount off the purchase of a CEN product. Great concept but what if you pushed a little further and offered a trade off on parts. Like get the competitions parts out of the market and keep your machines running bettter to run over the competition. This may be a push or even may sound stupid but if I am trying to repair a CEN engine (in my case just a piston and sleeve for my 7.7) it is better to take the competitions engine or parts off the road and keep your engines and cars, trucks, and boats running. I would trade in an hpi engine at this point just to get my Nemesis 7.7 running. Basically incorporate some variation of your trade in policy with the rc's in with your great parts selection. Thats my 2 cents. If you already do this I appologize but maybe work on getting the word out more.

By the way anyone know where I can buy piston and sleeve for under $60. That seems to be the going rate on EBAy.

thanks and forgive me for my rant.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:00 AM
Mr Terminator

Cheers for the response guys,I have found recently a supplier and as long as hes stocked on spares it'll be great,the problem arises when they run out of stock on certain parts,how long it takes them to obtain stock of said parts but great so far.I did also try to get parts from the CEN store and when I came to the checkout after filling in every thing,the paypal option that is shown on the sight was'nt offered as a payment solution.There is so much more scope for CEN products in the UK and i'm forever showing youtube vids of my Genesis flexing its muscles aswell as bigging the Genesis up as an alternative over the Savage and Tmaxx.The MG16 is a marketing genious and you guys at CEN have put a top quality 1/16 in the mix as there is'nt much choice for nitro in the 1/16 as you know.A 1/16 buggy and truggy to go along with the MG TC and the MG RY would give more choice or even a completely different new design similar to the CRT.5 style cars.A 1/16 buggy similar to the FTX Fury but with nitro would be a winner in the UK as the Acme tech NB 16 sold like hotcakes over here and its a pile of crap compared to the quality of your products,the MG 16 especially.My next venture is a 1/10 model and i'm thinking about the Magnum NX or the Talon,not sure yet but God I like CEN models....Dont forget to push the Nemesis over here too,I've never seen one over here,well not on my forums anyway.Thanx guys... *EDIT* I've just been informed by another forum member whos after the same parts for the MG16 as me,from MSUK forum that the shop that I found who sell the spares has'nt got em in stock,Oh what a surprise.After me just paying for them they won't be in stock until February,this stinks and the supplier Ripmax are a bunch of dicks,their website states that they are in stock but after a phonecall they said that they are not.This is the problem,if CEN is going to market their products outside of the US,surely they should make sure that the parts are available to repair them if needed,I mean how hard can it be to secure a supplier of the parts,maybe CML Distribution for instance.I've had my MG16 a week on Friday and its going to be off the road until the parts arrive.Ripmax said in their defence that the problem lyes with you guys at CEN and they're having trouble getting the parts from you....
Old 01-26-2008, 11:09 PM
RCnut771

Please, Please make a 2 speed available for the MG 16. That would be awesome! also a trick looking anodized cooling head would really add to the truck. The MG 16 is embodies what I think is very clever engineering and I would like to see more optional parts available so I could further exploit the abilities of this amazing little nitro RC

Thanks, look forward to your reply
Old 01-28-2008, 03:31 PM
pede_187

slipper clutch for magnum nx?
Old 02-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Mr Terminator

Hi guys,there's a rumour thats been set in motion by a UK outlet that sell CEN products,that the GST 7.7 is no longer in production and has been discontinued.This I think is because the UK distributor Ripmax are not a very good vendor of CEN products and are having difficulty obtaining parts and certain models.I hope you can set peoples minds at rest here in the UK as i'm always on the back foot defending the CEN brand.I ordered some front carriers for my MG16 3 weeks ago and I still have'nt got them,it'll be sometime this month before Ripmax get the parts,thank God for Monica at Prado Hobby Shop,I get stuff faster from LA than I do from Manchester,England,when it comes to parts for my CEN products...[sm=wink_smile.gif]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.