CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

GST 7.7

Old 04-24-2008, 03:23 PM
jamie
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: GST 7.7 NOT MADE TO RUN, BUT NICE TO LOOK AT!!!

i can see you guys are just the crap and you know it all what dog no taking up for cen like you have in the past and this other dont even own one so i really dont know what he is doing here..... all i am say stooopid is the gst is junk and there are countless storys on here about good people that was impressed by looks and soak there hard erned money on this thing. and then you have the dog taking up for the mistakes
Old 04-24-2008, 03:25 PM
jamie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

no wonder the sport rc is declining with this junk and greed and you two clowns
Old 04-24-2008, 03:34 PM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jamie

no wonder the sport rc is declining with this junk and greed and you two clowns
I was just askin a question. Just trying to learn this stuff. You've seen what I have a couple posts earlier. I'd like to step up a little and that's why I'm here. I don't have alot to spend, maybe $75 to start and then step up more later. Can you help me out here ?
Old 04-24-2008, 04:00 PM
jamie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

YEA I BET BUD WHERES THE DOG GO RUNNING
Old 04-24-2008, 04:02 PM
jamie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

YEA I BET BUD WHERES THE DOG GO RUNNING
Old 04-24-2008, 06:15 PM
slawhammer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hey guys..... who r u dog man your in about every one of these post .... i am here to say i own a tmaxx a revo a hyper 8 and a muster buggies and oh yea the cen 7.7 and a himoto.. guys the 7.7 has to be the worst truck ever... 613.00 of my hard erned money after tax. this thing out the box after break in lost 3 lil screws from the 2 speed clutch... stripe out called cen truck wasnt even a week old said same thing let us sell you the upgrade at a discount... stupid me said ok... goty that fixed took truck out no shift this truck has never shifted never... tried to blow it up one evening. but still no shift.. called cen said truck had to be a least 230 degrees before shift.. how aboui 300 and still no shift.. so i got on ebay bought the hole 2 speed adjusted and adjusted and adjusted still no shift. temps as follows 180,190,200,220.230.240.250.260.270.etc still no shift.. i have had this truck apart prob. 10 times... now the dog man says no big deal but come on now i ant the only one have this prob.. this truck looks great but thats all that can be said.. dog man must be getting a check from this company.. and ol yea i have called about 5 times with this shift prob.. temp 230 bullcrap bullcrap... the revo shifts like clockwork.. and ol yea dog man i had a duratrax on road car at one time it shiftyed too... like clock work... and ol yea dog man since you know it all about every subject on here if i wanted to buy something to look at i would have bouight a 10.00 model truck... the bad news is i still have this truck less than a half gallon threw it.... plus break in iu say TO EVERY NEWCOMER TO THIUS THREAD STAY AWAY FROM THE CEN 7.7 buy a t-maxxrevo, hpi savage, even a tower terror anything BUT THE CEN 7.7 MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN THE REAL DOG MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
Whoa jamie my boy...From what you tried too say about your GST..Well seeing how you have other trucks and have driven them..Did it every ocur to you to check all the nuts ,screws before doing any thing or did you just put fuel in the tank and start it up?
And you say you have 1/2 gal of fuel used up..Hey man that truck engine is not really broke in yet...Yup you have to be going pretty fast to get 2nd gear to kick in..Or maybe your already starting out in 2nd gear and not knowing it.To adjust 2nd gear is tough..Have to make small adjustment equal amounts too each screw..If you turn the silver screw 3 turns out then you have to turn the black 3 turns out..I think you are talking about the 2 spd clutch right?
Any RC Products out there all have problems..No Matter the brand Name..HPI.Tmaxx,you name it...Every RC product has it problems..
So let me ask you this How's engine run?Now if you really don't like it..Your GST ..The last thing you could do is sell it..I see where what's his name nombux some thing like that..want's to get some thing.,
OH... never mind he said he only has $75.00 too spent...I bet he would be intrested in my old radio shack remote control car cheap... cheap...very low dollars...
Just my 2 cents worth
Old 04-24-2008, 10:00 PM
VDub99AML
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

this thread is ridiculous. Jamie, please please please take a minute and reread what you've typed because we can hardly make out your posts! That does not help your arguement when you're trying to make a point. I literally had to reread your posts 3 times just to understand what you're saying! Slawhammer is right when he said the shift points are hard to tune. I still haven't had my truck shift into 3rd gear and I've had it for 2 years. But it doesn't really bother me because 2nd gear is fast enough for what I use the truck for. Maybe this summer I'll try to get it into 3rd gear, and maybe I won't. Also, please stop insulting the dogman, he is very knowledgeable about the truck, and I'm sure if you POLITELY asked for advise, he would still be more than happy to try to help you get your truck to shift correctly. We are not hear to argue like elementary students, we are hear to enjoy a hobby to help each other learn and share tips/tricks that we have picked up along the way. Not to tell someone that his truck is the biggest piece of junk ever made because yours isn't working right.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:51 PM
Tree1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well stated VDub
Old 04-24-2008, 11:02 PM
The Real Dogman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey Tree, you know Mark @ RcHardware.com??
Old 04-24-2008, 11:16 PM
Tree1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sure do. He's a great guy. I haven't heard from him in a while though. I love his tuning dials.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:27 PM
The Real Dogman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

yep good freind, you know, come to think it, I haven't spoke to him in a while!!
Old 04-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Tree1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I replied to an e-mail he sent a few weeks ago and I haven't heard from him since. Maybe I'll send him another e-mail to see how he's doing. I wonder how his track is coming along?
Old 04-25-2008, 07:23 AM
derrick05

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: nomobux

ORIGINAL: derrick05

hey guys..... who r u dog man your in about every one of these post .... i am here to say i own a tmaxx a revo a hyper 8 and a muster buggies and oh yea the cen 7.7 and a himoto.. guys the 7.7 has to be the worst truck ever... 613.00 of my hard erned money after tax. this thing out the box after break in lost 3 lil screws from the 2 speed clutch... stripe out called cen truck wasnt even a week old said same thing let us sell you the upgrade at a discount... stupid me said ok... goty that fixed took truck out no shift this truck has never shifted never... tried to blow it up one evening. but still no shift.. called cen said truck had to be a least 230 degrees before shift.. how aboui 300 and still no shift.. so i got on ebay bought the hole 2 speed adjusted and adjusted and adjusted still no shift. temps as follows 180,190,200,220.230.240.250.260.270.etc still no shift.. i have had this truck apart prob. 10 times... now the dog man says no big deal but come on now i ant the only one have this prob.. this truck looks great but thats all that can be said.. dog man must be getting a check from this company.. and ol yea i have called about 5 times with this shift prob.. temp 230 bullcrap bullcrap... the revo shifts like clockwork.. and ol yea dog man i had a duratrax on road car at one time it shiftyed too... like clock work... and ol yea dog man since you know it all about every subject on here if i wanted to buy something to look at i would have bouight a 10.00 model truck... the bad news is i still have this truck less than a half gallon threw it.... plus break in iu say TO EVERY NEWCOMER TO THIUS THREAD STAY AWAY FROM THE CEN 7.7 buy a t-maxxrevo, hpi savage, even a tower terror anything BUT THE CEN 7.7 MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN THE REAL DOG MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
CEN 7.7?What kind of truck do you own,GST or NEMESIS.I cant really speak for the GST because I dont have one,but I do have a NEMESIS and have owned most of that other s#*t you named [:@]and nothing you have named so far can touch the NEMESIS in any way[>:]TOWER TERROR[X(]?You cant be for real.Stop hatin on the dog.He knows what he knows[8D]why you wanna kill his joy?Tell you what you do,pick any of that traxxas HPI or whatever,and challenge the dog in a cage match and see whos still standing there picking up peices at the end of the day[:@]
Good one Derrick05
AND WHAT R U STILL DOING HERE. YOU DONT EVEN OWN ONE. great day man
***? My profile pics show mineArgue with that.From the way you are talking,it is very doubtful if you own one,or any other for that matter.Seems that people with some experience have a lot of fun with the GST.These trucks are different,but not difficult if you have a little bit of brains or ask the REAL DOG MAN[8D]but Im gonna get off of this stupid thread and go run my NEMESIS.This is a waste of time because it is obvious that were dealing with someone here that didnt have any siblings that lived[X(]I doubt if jamie can even comprehend what I just said.Illiterate person has the nerve to call me a lie.Whats wrong with this clown[:@]
Old 04-25-2008, 11:55 AM
jamie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ok boys here we are!!!!!!!!apparnetly u who r running off at mouth must not have any cen gst 7.7. all you have to do is look at a few threads and you will see. the truck is junk!!! the guy who had the one not shifting into third gear.do you normally buy something that dont work. and then say well hell its ok. well its not ok! and maybe just maybe i should have known something was up when the box said 5 hp.. you guys are all the same. (ol its your truck your the only one with prob.)well boys i am not the only one with this gst and i am not the only one with the prob. this is a place where we can vent. but please dont say ol your the only one. and the dog! he has nothing to say.what did your truck break or somthing.. i not cussing the dog. but you guys have to know that this was a porrly concieved truck from the beginning. dont say that its the person with the truck. and ol yea the guy that bought his to turn nuts and screws! if you had bought a traxxas product yea you would have just pulled it from the truck and ran it thats right you would have had fun from that point on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DREEICK05 yes i own one $600.00 dollars worth... and any time you want to run your nemess with my hyper8 come on down!! dog man i guess i have been riding you a lil too hard! but lets not judge the user of these so called fine trucks!!!!!!!!! OK !!!!!!!! so you spelling boys out there is that enough punctuation.........................
Old 04-25-2008, 12:06 PM
jamie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: The Real Dogman

Your Name says it all bud!!

ORIGINAL: mastercrash7

I bought a cen GST 7.7 even after reading all the bad feedback. I did read a few good reviews and I figured all the bad things were saying couldnt all happen to one truck. I am now hear to tell you
DONT BUY A CEN!!!!! I havent been able to get more than one tank of fuel through it with out something breaking again. Cen support doesnt even respond when sent emails. I have run nitro trucks for many years in a fun backyard setting and never owned such junk as this. I have two duratrax trucks that I can beat and beat, other than a loose screw now and then they still run. I have less than a gallon of gas in this cen and I'm gonna have to completely disassemble replace bad parts and set up myself. I just hope I can save someone the mistake of buying cen
see what i am talking about
Old 04-25-2008, 12:07 PM
jamie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

thats right (your name says it all) thats the attude i am talking about.... these r just bad trucks somebody out there must agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2008, 12:30 PM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

thats right (your name says it all) thats the attude i am talking about.... these r just bad trucks somebody out there must agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look at your reply .. no offense , but you just relpied to yourself and called yourself an idiot basically. No Cens for me. These are holding up well, until I can step up.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63048.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	936715  
Old 04-25-2008, 12:41 PM
jamie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hey bud i was referring to what dog had said in the post above.... that one your name says it all..... thats the kind of stuff i have been talking about.........
Old 04-25-2008, 12:42 PM
jamie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

and just to think i was starting to like you that has no cash
Old 04-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Tree1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Jamie, dude. If you don't like the GST then sell it. I am sure you can get a decent amount of cash for it if it is still in good condition. All this bickering is getting out of hand. We come to these forums to get help, tips, and just to communicate with other people who have the same rig and enjoy this hobby. If you don't like your GST or CEN for that matter, you have already made your point. I think you should stop bashing CEN and other CEN owners and go to your beloved Traxxas thread.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:00 PM
jamie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

tree 1 man listen all i am saying is the truck is bad bad junk man but when somebody gets on here to complain or whine and yes. after spending that kinda cash... we do tend to whine its just a couple people on here that thinks there gold.... there not.. like the one guy said he had never heard his truck shift into third... would you buy a new dodge truck hemi if it didnt shift... i dont think so same ideal the cen truck is junk man
Old 04-25-2008, 01:16 PM
Tree1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Jamie, I underatnd how you feel, especially when you drop 6 yards on a new rig. I have had my share of problems with my Genesis LE. I went on a few forums and found out how to correct the issues I was having. No car or truck from any manufacturer isn't going to have its share of problems. Either you learn how to fix them or modify the parts to make it run to your liking.

I also had problems getting my Genesis to shift but after going on the CEN forum and communicating with a few people I figured it out and got it to shift. I am going to have to redo the shift points now that I replaced the transmission.

The CEN Genesis/GST is a good truck. I love my Genesis. I bought it for the simple fact that it was the biggest truck out there.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:24 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm going to make the observation that mastercrash has broken more or less the same parts that I broke on my Revo, my T-maxxes, my Savages, and every other off road RC car I've owned.

This must mean that the GST is the biggest heap of crap in the world[X(]

I love the lid on your truck, tree!
Old 04-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Tree1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks, I painted it myself. It was my very first paint job, you can see the overspray on the hood. I bought a new airbrush, I going to give it another try with my truggy lid.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:42 PM
The Real Dogman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Jamie, I haven't replied much because I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed child. Now move on! you said your peace.. Beat it!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service