Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

GST 7.7

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 06:16 PM
mastercrash7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GST 7.7

I havent been able to get more than one tank of fuel through it with out something breaking again. Cen support doesnt even respond when sent emails. I have run nitro trucks for many years in a fun backyard setting and never owned such junk as this. I have two duratrax trucks that I can beat and beat, other than a loose screw now and then they still run. I have less than a gallon of gas in this cen and I'm gonna have to completely disassemble replace bad parts and set up myself. I just hope I can save someone the mistake of buying cen
Old 04-08-2008, 09:54 PM
VDub99AML
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: GST 7.7 NOT MADE TO RUN, BUT NICE TO LOOK AT!!!

I have a feeling quite a few people will disagree with you here. I for one love my Genesis, and if it breaks, it's usually because I did something to it. Or something just wore out from all the raw power of the truck!!! (insert Tim Taylor grunting here)
Old 04-08-2008, 10:02 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your Name says it all bud!!

ORIGINAL: mastercrash7

I bought a cen GST 7.7 even after reading all the bad feedback. I did read a few good reviews and I figured all the bad things were saying couldnt all happen to one truck. I am now hear to tell you
DONT BUY A CEN!!!!! I havent been able to get more than one tank of fuel through it with out something breaking again. Cen support doesnt even respond when sent emails. I have run nitro trucks for many years in a fun backyard setting and never owned such junk as this. I have two duratrax trucks that I can beat and beat, other than a loose screw now and then they still run. I have less than a gallon of gas in this cen and I'm gonna have to completely disassemble replace bad parts and set up myself. I just hope I can save someone the mistake of buying cen
Old 04-09-2008, 06:25 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: The Real Dogman

Your Name says it all bud!!

I bought a cen GST 7.7 even after reading all the bad feedback. I did read a few good reviews and I figured all the bad things were saying couldnt all happen to one truck. I am now hear to tell you
DONT BUY A CEN!!!!! I havent been able to get more than one tank of fuel through it with out something breaking again. Cen support doesnt even respond when sent emails. I have run nitro trucks for many years in a fun backyard setting and never owned such junk as this. I have two duratrax trucks that I can beat and beat, other than a loose screw now and then they still run. I have less than a gallon of gas in this cen and I'm gonna have to completely disassemble replace bad parts and set up myself. I just hope I can save someone the mistake of buying cen
Careful now Mutt !! You'll get him up to 3 posts !
Old 04-09-2008, 11:27 AM
slawhammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Pal..Sounds like you can't handle the big boy toyz...Yes there's a little bit of a probem to start out with...You done your research on this truck..GST
So you knew what you were getting into going in too it....But with all that said.. There are people here in the forum to help thoses who ask for help..
Not trying too bash you in any way..But you have to work on the problems that come up..One at a time...Every product out there has problems ..Every
company..Does not matter what brand name..Jusy my 2 cents worth....
Old 04-09-2008, 03:54 PM
burningpoo

My GST rocks. I haven't even broke one part yet, besides a leaking shock. Mine also looks great running.

What parts have you broke?
Old 04-09-2008, 06:03 PM
HarleyGal

Hey Mastercrash
Sorry to hear you have had so much trouble. I only had a little trouble, just to do with the hand controls, not the truck, and I know you're not a newbie like I am, but I can tell you that the guys here on the forums are great, they are all usually very willing to help if you need it. Just gotta ask them nicely and they will help you any way they can, well in my experience anyway. I am really glad I have become part of this forum, cause it is a great source of info, support and encouragement, I hope you get your truck sorted out, I haven't had mine long, and it's my first nitro, but I love it
Old 04-09-2008, 07:05 PM
arcboyz
My Feedback: (7)

Uhh oh oh [X(] OMG is that true??? i just placed an order on tower for a Gst7.7 new toy for me [8D] i have always loved this truck since i bought my LST2 about 1 year ago i always wanted a Genesis thanks, for tax returns i ordered one today should get it friday boy oh boy im so happy.

arc
Old 04-10-2008, 05:29 AM
sparky 25

Never had a problem with mine in almost a year and im running with the centre diff locked for half of that,
im running it on tarmac and concrete and grass and been jumping it and have yet to damage it,
I`ve had a lot of nitro trucks and this is by far the most durable,
been using my self made wheelie bar and running on it flat out on it and its a blast to drive hope you enjoy ur new truck

check mine out on rcu videos search for, cen gst wheeliebar.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:07 AM
Mr Terminator

Talking like a ****,the GST/Genesis is one of the,if not the best truck out there as far as brute power and strength go.You should'nt slate the truck because of your shortcomings...
Old 04-11-2008, 06:27 AM
derrick05

ORIGINAL: Mr Terminator

Talking like a ****,the GST/Genesis is one of the,if not the best truck out there as far as brute power and strength go.You should'nt slate the truck because of your shortcomings...
Ha Ha,there it is.Very well said.Terminator,I like you.You say the things I want to say so bad,and get away with it.Wasnt too long ago I acted like this guy,(MASTERCRASH),but not quite as bad.I have to admit,this guy has me beat[X(]Makes me realize how stupid I made myself look back then[:@]Mastercrash,WAL-MART has what you need for around$50.00 you just charge the batteries and driveplay with it and get your skill level up[:-]Meanwhile, while you work on that,how much $$do you want for that GST junk?
Old 04-18-2008, 10:28 AM
unlawfullactions

i have to admit too, every time i run my truck, somethign breaks.....now 98% of this is because im a noob and only had a tmax 1.5 knockoff before the gst so i needed to learn different thinks about the truck, now everytime i need to order parts, i order whatever i can to get a stockpile.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:01 PM
CEN Racing

CEN Warranty is one of the best in the business- we stand behind our products and I can assure you that the e-mails are answered daily. Please keep in mind that warranty claims are limited to servos and motors. No wear and tears or curbs
Old 04-19-2008, 08:50 AM
mastercrash7

ORIGINAL: CEN Racing

CEN Warranty is one of the best in the business- we stand behind our products and I can assure you that the e-mails are answered daily. Please keep in mind that warranty claims are limited to servos and motors. No wear and tears or curbs
HA HA HA

WHAT A JOKE!!!! The starter shaft was machined wrong right from the factory it tore up the pin, spring and recoil hub. cen's so called support told me to call them and they would give me a discount. A discount,,, how nice of them. It must be my name "mastercrash" that caused the part to be machined wrong according to the dogman. I understand in this field thing are going to break and that is half the fun is working on the truck, but for the very little I have ran this truck and the very light conditions it has been in it should not be breaking.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:18 AM
nomobux

ORIGINAL: CEN Racing

HA HA HA

WHAT A JOKE!!!! The starter shaft was machined wrong right from the factory it tore up the pin, spring and recoil hub. cen's so called support told me to call them and they would give me a discount. A discount,,, how nice of them. It must be my name "mastercrash" that caused the part to be machined wrong according to the dogman. I understand in this field thing are going to break and that is half the fun is working on the truck, but for the very little I have ran this truck and the very light conditions it has been in it should not be breaking.
There ya go. I think you ought to go back to your Duratrax. If you thought so much of them, why did you change. Happy trails MC.
Old 04-19-2008, 07:01 PM
mastercrash7

I will do that, thanks.
Old 04-19-2008, 07:14 PM
Tree1

How much do you want for your GST? I have a Genesis LE and this truck is amazing. I did pretty much upgrade everything though.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:12 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How do you know the shaft was michined wrong, do you have set of the CAD drawings to compare your part to?? Just asking

Oh and could you please post a few pis of your GST, kinda interested to see what you have for sale!!

Or just post pics, I dont think you really own one!!! Maybe just a bored trash talker!!

HA HA HA

MasterCrash IS A JOKE!!!! The starter shaft was machined wrong right from the factory it tore up the pin, spring and recoil hub. cen's so called support told me to call them and they would give me a discount. A discount,,, how nice of them. It must be my name "mastercrash" that caused the part to be machined wrong according to the dogman. I understand in this field thing are going to break and that is half the fun is working on the truck, but for the very little I have ran this truck and the very light conditions it has been in it should not be breaking.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:01 PM
mastercrash7

here is your pic dog!!!

on the start shaft issue all other engines I have have a smooth taper for the start pin groove and after I ground it smooth it stopped eating pins and springs.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54284.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	933304  
Old 04-20-2008, 02:02 PM
mastercrash7

broken diff axle
Old 04-20-2008, 02:03 PM
mastercrash7

more

Name:	Nl30394.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	933311  
Old 04-20-2008, 02:05 PM
mastercrash7

more

Name:	Sq46726.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	933318  
Old 04-20-2008, 02:11 PM
mastercrash7

I would like to see the look on dogs face when he realizes he doesnt know ererything he thinks he knows!!!!
Old 04-20-2008, 05:34 PM
nomobux

I would like to see the look on dogs face when he realizes he doesnt know ererything he thinks he knows!!!!
Bud ... only one thing comes to mind. You come in here trashing everything about Cen and have 0 to contribute. Like I said before, if you like Duratrax , go for it, no one is holding you back and be sure and not let the door hit you in the A&%. Later Cl^%*
Old 04-20-2008, 05:46 PM
burningpoo

How did you crash? It took cartwheels and flipping around, along with the weight of the cage for me to break the cup. And that's not counting the hard landings and a few roll overs from before.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.