Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

NEMESIS CENTER DIFF OUTPUT CUPS

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

NEMESIS CENTER DIFF OUTPUT CUPS

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 07:54 AM
derrick05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEMESIS CENTER DIFF OUTPUT CUPS

Okay,Ive had my NEMESIS for a year now and still havent had any breakage and still havent rebuilt my motor yet and lost count after 11 gallons.No heat issues,so shifting issues,a great truck.My truck is stock other than the added fuel filter,removed the muffler baffel and added a battery pack.The only parts I have changed are the clutch springs and both servosEXCELLENT!Its due to a great product and the great care I take.Things like not running on pavement is why my parts last.During regular inspection,I noticed that the drive cups coming from my center diff are worn[:@](my first worn part)the axle stubs are still good.So I figure,no big deal,normal wear and tear.As I looked over my paperwork to see what its gonna take,I got a bad feeling.Its gonna take more than removing a set screw to change these cups.From what I see,Im gonna nearly have to replace the entire diff[:@]at least the big gear.From what I can tell,I may be able to replace one cup IF I can get the stupid screws out of the diff,and the other cup looks impossible to change.Any advice or tips from anybody on this.Sure would like to hear from cenracing on this,TRD,NOMOBUX,MR.TERMINATOR.A little how to and some part #would help.Im not feeling good about this right now because I think Im gonna have to change the whole center diff just for the cups[:@]THE NATURE OF THE BEAST![sm=48_48.gif]
Old 06-23-2008, 08:02 AM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: NEMESIS CENTER DIFF OUTPUT CUPS

Na, with a little finesse and patience you can replace just the drive cups!! Tear the tranny down pull out the center diff and heat it up to 250 degrees. Whie holding it with a towel or gloves you can remove the screws. The heat will "melt" Lock-tite and the screws will easily come out, just be sure to use good quality Hex Drivers and be sure the hex driver is fully inserted into the screw. Remove both sides of the diff and you should be able to get to the e-clips.

Hope this helps some!
Old 06-23-2008, 02:29 PM
derrick05

Thats what Im talkin aboutThanks for the info.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:42 PM
burningpoo

here they have stronger drive cups and shafts... http://www.customrccars.com/

http://www.customrccars.com/product_...at=21&custom=0

only works with the nemesis diff's.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:25 PM
71mosher

I had to replace 1 of the diff cups on the front diff. The 250 degrees in the oven is the way to go. The screws came out without any trouble.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:34 PM
CEN Racing

yes you do need to heat up the diffs a little to help debond the red thread loc to insure you don't strip the screw head.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:40 PM
derrick05

Been back running for almost a week nowwas a fairly easy job with you guys telling me how to go about it.Sure would have been hard to figure it out without you.Thanks for the help[sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 07-02-2008, 07:42 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to help Derrick!!