Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Good versus cheap glow plugs

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Good versus cheap glow plugs

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 03:02 PM
bweiler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good versus cheap glow plugs

I bought these McCoy plugs at the LHS because they were inexpensive. They would last one session (1 hour) and after i charged them outside the engine the top ring wouldn't glow and it would look ashy.
I bought Dynamite MC8's on aminhobbies for more and I am still on the first plug after 4 sessions. They glow just fine and my car runs great.

The point being:
The LHS guy said he only carried good stuff until he found out people would only buy the cheapest. He said he sells dirt cheap igniters and the same people come in every week and buy it again because it broke. He said if they bought the quality stuff they save a ton of money.

This is a great lesson for me. To quit the stupid people and join the smart people.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:59 PM
yoyodunno

Default RE: Good versus cheap glow plugs

Yeah sometimes it sucks if you are short on cash and buy something less expensive to find that it doesn't last, and you would've saved money to buy the more expensive item.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:43 PM
compwizkid

Default RE: Good versus cheap glow plugs

Quick question on glow plugs. Tell me if im correct. A glow plug goes into the engine. A glow heater/starter/warmer is what plugs into the glow plug and needs to be charged every now and again. and glow is another name for nitro fuel