Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

if it werent for bad luck I wouldnt have any at all

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

if it werent for bad luck I wouldnt have any at all

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 08:49 PM
derrick05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: if it werent for bad luck I wouldnt have any at all

ORIGINAL: 93firebird

ORIGINAL: derrick05

I just finished sending moderator Foxy a P.M. about 93I know I have had my days here but 93 is a real pain in the ass,and I asked Foxy to have a look at his last 7 or8 post and see if he thinks 93firebird is a problem member,so maybe in the next few days we can get some help with this clown.TRD, I think that maybe if you do the same,we can get this guy moderated
So I'm a problem because I have two CEN products that are in constant need of repair with minor running. HHHHmmmmm interesting. By the way Derrick how is your magnum doing these days? Oh wait you through the piece of junk in the trash didn't you, so what does that make you a two face Kiss up just like the rest of them. I started this thread because I'm tired of wrenching on the so called greatest products in the world. I might get an hour a week to run them on the weekends and I don't think (my LHS agrees) that it is not right that I should have to spend so much time wrenching on them. They do not sell CEN or carry any parts because they agree they are junk, they will not even work on my trucks. having to spend 45 minutes of that one hour a week trying to make junk run is not very fun. If I had the money to go buy a new truck from my LHS I would but since I have a conscience I can not unload this junk on an unsuspecting individual like you would have me to do and since none of you are offer to buy them for a fair price than I'm stuck with them. So derrick you go cry to whoever you want there has been absolutely no help for me here much like there was no help with the magnum when it was in the warranty period. The magnum continues to break the weakest links in the drive train, and the Genesis starts only when it wants to and when it does continues to be a real pia to tune. Issue my local hobby shop assures does not happen with other brands as often as they do with CEN.
[:'(]
Old 03-23-2009, 08:50 PM
93firebird

exactly two faced
Old 03-23-2009, 09:11 PM
derrick05

exactly two faced
You hear that Foxy?Personal attacks are against the RCU rules.Im not going to feed into it because I am confident that this guy will be moderated
Old 03-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Scr3w

Yeah... this is the same crap he was pulling before I kicked him off the Cen forums.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:34 PM
93firebird

ORIGINAL: Scr3w

Well, like I said.. If you're actually having a problem with a warrantied product (not your "Ebay special" purchases), I'll be glad to help advocate your issue with Cen's customer service.

However for people like Firebird93 that continually come on here and demonstrate their inaptitude and inability to understand that "used" means just that, used... we'll all just continue to smile and nod. I kicked you off of the Cen forums, after giving you numerous chances, and now its just funny to see you get called out repeatedly.

Anyways Firebird93, take care and try to enjoy what you have. If not, perhaps you'll try something else and realize that you have to maintain that as well.
right this isn't a personal attack saying that im inapt and unable to understand, when in fact you are ignorant of the circumstance, I took my issue to CEN within their so called 60 day warranty, and they insulted me and ignored me which is when I started to bash them for what they really are, junk. Saying that I'm full of hot air yet again not a personal attack? Derrick you of all ppl are one to talk what with all the crap you put out over your Magnum with other members. If it bothers you guys that I think CEN is a bunch of junk then ignore my posts and move one. I for one will continue to tell others that CEN is junk and they don't stand behind their products like they claim. So foxy read the post and see that these guys are the ones causing the problems not me, you can also see the other posts about all the CEN issues which seem to carry a theme both here and on CEN's own forum. I just want others to know what these products are about, a product review if you will. There is nothing you guys can do to help me with my junk that I can't do on my own. I'm not afraid to turn the wrench I just don't like doing it after five minutes of light running. AGAIN IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT I HAVE TO SAY TRD DERRICK AND SCR3W DON'T READ IT.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:04 PM
DanBP

LOL you guys are hilarious: lay off the nitro! Cen doesn't back the products! I disagree! I actually tried to help at the beginning now I just read it and have fun with it.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:34 AM
241 racing
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: DanBP

LOL you guys are hilarious: lay off the nitro! Cen doesn't back the products! I disagree! I actually tried to help at the beginning now I just read it and have fun with it.
+1 very entertaining
Old 03-24-2009, 10:47 AM
kinzuagolfer

Cen seems to be hit and miss in my experience. Customer service did what was expected. Nothing above and beyond. Nothing to make you feel like a valued customer.
Sorry about your luck. My dad hasn't had much better, but over all my car I'm happy with.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:34 PM
derrick05

I just finished sending moderator Foxy a P.M. about 93I know I have had my days here but 93 is a real pain in the ass,and I asked Foxy to have a look at his last 7 or8 post and see if he thinks 93firebird is a problem member,so maybe in the next few days we can get some help with this clown.TRD, I think that maybe if you do the same,we can get this guy moderated
So I'm a problem because I have two CEN products that are in constant need of repair with minor running. HHHHmmmmm interesting. By the way Derrick how is your magnum doing these days? Oh wait you through the piece of junk in the trash didn't you, so what does that make you a two face Kiss up just like the rest of them. I started this thread because I'm tired of wrenching on the so called greatest products in the world. I might get an hour a week to run them on the weekends and I don't think (my LHS agrees) that it is right that I should have to spend so much time wrenching on them. They do not sell CEN or carry any parts because they agree they are junk, they will not even work on my trucks. having to spend 45 minutes of that one hour a week trying to make junk run is not very fun. If I had the money to go buy a new truck from my LHS I would but since I have a conscience I can not unload this junk on an unsuspecting individual like you would have me to do and since none of you are offer to buy them for a fair price than I'm stuck with them. So derrick you go cry to whoever you want there has been absolutely no help for me here much like there was no help with the magnum when it was in the warranty period. The magnum continues to break the weakest links in the drive train, and the Genesis starts only when it wants to and when it does continues to be a real pia to tune. Issue my local hobby shop assures does not happen with other brands as often as they do with CEN.
I see you went back and editedThats exactly what I thought[:'(]Dont tuck your tail now because you know the mods are coming[:'(]
Old 03-24-2009, 02:54 PM
Scr3w

exactly two faced
saved for posterity.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:40 PM
93firebird

So I'm a problem because I have two CEN products that are in constant need of repair with minor running. HHHHmmmmm interesting. By the way Derrick how is your magnum doing these days? Oh wait you through the piece of junk in the trash didn't you, so what does that make you a two face Kiss up just like the rest of them. I started this thread because I'm tired of wrenching on the so called greatest products in the world. I might get an hour a week to run them on the weekends and I don't think (my LHS agrees) that it is right that I should have to spend so much time wrenching on them. They do not sell CEN or carry any parts because they agree they are junk, they will not even work on my trucks. having to spend 45 minutes of that one hour a week trying to make junk run is not very fun. If I had the money to go buy a new truck from my LHS I would but since I have a conscience I can not unload this junk on an unsuspecting individual like you would have me to do and since none of you are offer to buy them for a fair price than I'm stuck with them. So derrick you go cry to whoever you want there has been absolutely no help for me here much like there was no help with the magnum when it was in the warranty period. The magnum continues to break the weakest links in the drive train, and the Genesis starts only when it wants to and when it does continues to be a real pia to tune. Issue my local hobby shop assures does not happen with other brands as often as they do with CEN.
I see you went back and editedThats exactly what I thought[:'(]Dont tuck your tail now because you know the mods are coming[:'(]
i didn't edit anything out other than grammar issues and spelling mistakes. Do you honestly think that I am afraid. What ever, your still on here after all the crap you gave when you had problems with you magnum aren't you. By the way why don't you tell everyone what happened with your magnum.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:48 PM
derrick05

Poor, pathetic soulits such a shame when one cant see the forest because of the trees[]
Old 03-24-2009, 09:19 PM
93firebird

Poor, pathetic soulits such a shame when one cant see the forest because of the trees[]
No I can't see the forest because I'm stuck inside wrenching on my Cen products!! Why are you inside your gift from the gods is so great why aren't you outside running it? Oh and what about that story of your CEN magnum you still haven't told it to everyone yet. Where is it again?
Old 03-25-2009, 03:19 AM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Firebird,, apparently he realizes the magnum was not as much of an issue as you wish it was.. Stop trying to make something out of nothing..
Old 03-25-2009, 05:49 AM
93firebird

not an issue then why did he throw it out? I don't like throwing money away. Why is it the last two times I ran mine the pilot shaft sp34 broke? Everything was set correctly. There was no side binding from the pinion and spur gears. I did not hit anything. Loctite was used on the motor mount screws as well as the clutch bell retaining screw. It is a WEAK LINK!!! The tires provide resistance on the ground the motor tries to force the drive train to move and the weakest link breaks. The shaft sheared just behind the rear bearing of the clutch bell as a result of too much force meeting too much resistance.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:13 AM
derrick05

ORIGINAL: The Real Dogman

Firebird,, apparently he realizes the magnum was not as much of an issue as you wish it was.. Stop trying to make something out of nothing..
Old 03-25-2009, 07:39 AM
241 racing
My Feedback: (20)

Firebird Every Rc will have issues of some sort that need to be worked out.I have been in this hobby for 20+years and still haven't found the perfect rc.As you can see I'm a Losi guy and even the best (Losi) have issues that need worked out.I just bought a Losi muggy it's a great truck but has some serious steering slop that needs adressed right away.My point is that even the best LOSI have issues that need to be worked out,there is no perfect truck out there.All rc's will have some sort of issue,I could get on the Losi forum and grip about it but it won't get me anywhere.I did some reading on it and found the fix,I bought the 12 parts and have it working better than it ever has zero slop now thanks to the fix.Rc is not for everyone and maybe it's not for you,fix up what you have and sell it sounds pretty easy to me.Fix it and have fun with it or sell it and move on to something else that might suit you better.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:10 AM
derrick05

ORIGINAL: 241 racing

Firebird Every Rc will have issues of some sort that need to be worked out.I have been in this hobby for 20+years and still haven't found the perfect rc.As you can see I'm a Losi guy and even the best (Losi) have issues that need worked out.I just bought a Losi muggy it's a great truck but has some serious steering slop that needs adressed right away.My point is that even the best LOSI have issues that need to be worked out,there is no perfect truck out there.All rc's will have some sort of issue,I could get on the Losi forum and grip about it but it won't get me anywhere.I did some reading on it and found the fix,I bought the 12 parts and have it working better than it ever has zero slop now thanks to the fix.Rc is not for everyone and maybe it's not for you,fix up what you have and sell it sounds pretty easy to me.Fix it and have fun with it or sell it and move on to something else that might suit you better.
Wich is EXACTLY what I did when I graduated from a Mangum to a NemesisUpgraded.I have also came around to understanding and accepting the nature of this hobby wich is what youre talking about 241,the nature of the hobbyHey 93,you wanna talk about my Nemesis?I didnt think so[>:]
Old 03-25-2009, 09:06 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

This thread has lost any and all value and has become a series of nothing but back and forth rows... It's locked.

For the most part, many of you have remained relatively civil with just a few inching over forum guidelines. I promote spirited and productive debate that drives to a conclusion. This is just debauchery at this point. I am going to be working with some of you offline in PMs to talk about conduct and forum rules.