Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Which aluminum toe/anti-squat?

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Which aluminum toe/anti-squat?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 03:25 PM
bweiler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which aluminum toe/anti-squat?

I keep destroying the rear suspension arm holder and want to buy the aluminum one. I can't find any information on what the stock one is and the aluminum ones comes in 5 different configurations. Any idea which one to start with?

I have a CEN Matrix C1.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:06 PM
bweiler

Default RE: Which aluminum toe/anti-squat?

I got the 3 degree toe, 2 degree anti-squat. I don't know the difference between this part and the other parts as far as handling but this one works ok. I also got the rear front aluminum part. I didn't DNF this time because the plastic socket part bent and the lower a-arm came out. I DNF'd because the pin drilled a hole in the captured plastic part and, when the pin came out, then the a-arm came out.

After 7 races, these are some the things I check:

1. make sure captured plastic part is somewhat new.
2. change clutch bearings every 3 races
3. change aluminum clutch shoes at same interval
4. get rid of stock tank and use a truggy 150cc tank so you can finish 7 minute races.
5. replace servo saver with aluminum part
6. use streering servo steering shaft that can be captured. Stock arm comes off on impacts.
7. replace all bearings with sealed bearings, the stock ones get crusty really quick.
8. check camber it goes out of whack often

Compared to a more expensive buggy, like a Kyosho I tried, the Matrix isn't as controllable. The SH .28 is weak and the front end pushes in corners. The extra weight is noticeable.

Despite all the seemingly negative things I said, I actually had a lot of fun racing this buggy. All buggies have strengths and weaknesses. As a rule, a higher performance/price buggy would need as much, if not more, money and energy to keep it fast.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:32 PM
madmaxx1

Default RE: Which aluminum toe/anti-squat?

i run 3 toe 2 anti squat on my matrix FRE, i picked it up used and have just rebuilt it completely and i'm just waiting for the time to break it all in....

which tank/s will fit on here? i need a new lid seal or tank and was wanting to get a larger one on there! what do you mean by "captured steering shaft"? can you post a pik or link?

thnx