Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

setting tranny

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 07:26 PM
mother_mudder
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default setting tranny

when setting tranny back to factory setting.when you turn it all the way in and go to turn it out do you count it like you do when you set your carb count in half turns or is thire another way of doing it.thanks
Old 04-07-2009, 07:41 PM
la.rc.doc
My Feedback: (197)

Default RE: setting tranny

Half turns? why would you count half turns as full turns? If you adjust a carb in half turns you'd be running pretty lean! most carbs that I have run accross, the high end is anywhere from 2 1/4 turns out to 3 turns out, now of course theres the high output motors that I've had to adjust as far as 6 1/2 turns out, they love fuel! I adjust my trannys with full turns, try running it in and turning 4 1/2 to 5 full turns out and see how it shifts for ya! If its still not quite there, adjust in 1/4 turns sentiments (turns), they are pretty senitive.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:46 PM
derrick05

What vehicle do you have?
Old 04-07-2009, 07:57 PM
la.rc.doc

I have several, over 20, I think last time I counted them it was 26 of them. If you are referring to which one I have adjusted last was my Savage X SS K 4.6 .28HO which came on the Hellfire, but I put one on my Savage.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:59 PM
la.rc.doc

I have several, over 20, I think last time I counted them it was 26 of them. If you are referring to which one I have adjusted last was my Savage X SS K 4.6 .28HO which came on the Hellfire, but I put one on my Savage. The Savage X SS came out with the K4.6 .28.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:59 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think he was asking the Original Poster....That was the point of this thread,,not your collection

Old 04-07-2009, 08:13 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It does not really matter ow you count the turns just so long as you turn each screw equally..

Now there is a center screw(grub Screw) that should be somewhat flush that does NOT get adjusted like the the 2 that are further inside.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:14 PM
mother_mudder

i have a gst 7.7 it has a three speed tranny but it sound like its in first all the time.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:19 PM
mother_mudder

i have a gst 7.7 with a three speed tranny but drives around stuck in first.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:32 PM
la.rc.doc

Okay thats not to hard, On your 2nd gear shift adjustment screw, tighten it down all the way, but easily, don't crush the spring, turn the 2nd gear adjustment screw out 5 turns, you want it to shift from about 25 to 35 feet way from a stand still, on the 3rd gear run the adjustment screw inall the way, then out about 7 1/2 turns out, and that should set your shifting points. If they are still not shifting then you have a problem with the springs being crushed from being tightened to tight or your ballbearing at the end of the spring is sticking, or your hubs or wore out.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:22 AM
derrick05

ORIGINAL: rclovers

I have several, over 20, I think last time I counted them it was 26 of them. If you are referring to which one I have adjusted last was my Savage X SS K 4.6 .28HO which came on the Hellfire, but I put one on my Savage.
I was talking to mother mudder[>:]
Old 04-08-2009, 07:33 AM
derrick05

ORIGINAL: mother_mudder

i have a gst 7.7 with a three speed tranny but drives around stuck in first.
I dont know what this other guy is talking about,but you better listen to The Real Dogman.He has been around here a long time and is THE MAN when it comes to Genesis/Nemesis trucks.He comes up with fixes,mods and tools that cen cant even figure out[X(] There is none on this forum more knowledgable for your GST
Old 04-08-2009, 07:40 AM
derrick05

I have several, over 20, I think last time I counted them it was 26 of them. If you are referring to which one I have adjusted last was my Savage X SS K 4.6 .28HO which came on the Hellfire, but I put one on my Savage. The Savage X SS came out with the K4.6 .28.
Although I wasnt talking to you,you cant compare adjusting a Savage to a GST[:@]Theyre totally different trucks,and I really cant believe you jumped in here and gave such misleading advice.If he listens to you hes going to end up confused and possibly hating his truck.If you dont know the answer,we ask you,please leave it to the ones that do know[:'(]
Old 04-08-2009, 01:42 PM
la.rc.doc

Whats your point on throwing up one of my messages, Iam trying to help a member, and did, what you don't like that, sorry if you don't, These RC's are my night and day hobby, sorry I have so many, this is all I do.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:47 PM
la.rc.doc

I was talking about the one I just got done working on, I wasn't comparing anything, there is not comparison,and If you look threw the past conversation,I told him how to adjust it,read it and tell me Iam wrong.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:54 PM
la.rc.doc

Hey look you don't run this forum, it's here for everyone, this man asked for advise, he asked to adjust his shift partern 2nd 5 turns out 3rd 7 1/2 turns out (from close) now how is that giving him the wrong advise,when thats what they are, all trucks run different, he might need to adjust alittle more, but that will get him started. Ive been messing with RC's of all makes for over 22years I think I know alittle, the man sent a message thanking me, well I guess it wasn't bad advise.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:16 PM
derrick05

Hey look you don't run this forum, it's here for everyone, this man asked for advise, he asked to adjust his shift partern 2nd 5 turns out 3rd 7 1/2 turns out (from close) now how is that giving him the wrong advise,when thats what they are, all trucks run different, he might need to adjust alittle more, but that will get him started. Ive been messing with RC's of all makes for over 22years I think I know alittle, the man sent a message thanking me, well I guess it wasn't bad advise.
Do you own a Genesis/GST? Okay then[>:] You cant give advice if you dont know the vehicle[X(]
Old 04-08-2009, 05:03 PM
la.rc.doc

Yes I do, Ihave a Gensis .46 LE (7.6) a Nemesis 7.7, thats what I have now, and Ive had several threw the years, I don't give out advise, that I don't know anything about, did you read the advise I gave him on how to set the shifting points? tell me I'am wrong!?
Old 04-08-2009, 05:04 PM
la.rc.doc

Would you like pics[X(]