Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

newbie need info on gst7.7

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

newbie need info on gst7.7

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 07:34 AM
wormburner62
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: newbie need info on gst7.7

i cant believe ken wu still works there.  it makes me wonder if the owner knows how he treats customers.  My local hobby shops refuse to carry cen products just because of the stories the hear.

I called traxxas for some parts for my rustler vxl and the customer service was great. i even had to cancel an order and they didn't even ask any questions.

like i said, though. i love this truck. ( gst 7.7 ).  the look of it rocks, the sound of the engine compared to any other is major.  its a great truck and i cant down the product because everyone who works at cen is a piece of *****.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:49 AM
wormburner62

i've seen that. funny!!! 

Just because his home state don't say california don't mean you cant put whatever state you want, You know?

And why don't cen have anything to do with tech on here anymore?  Did they get kicked off for being D#$ks?

That RUNNE guy was a smart ***** *******. he didn't have anything nice to say to anybody!!!
Old 03-24-2010, 08:54 AM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will never grow out of this behavior when I see people/kids talking trash about things that are not neccessarily true. But it seems kinds funny when people rant at me about this crap but then soon they are asking me for help or my opinions. And Derrick you fall into that same category. You spent days talking trash to me, but then shortly after you were asking for my help. But thats all good I am here to help everyone no matter dumb they make themselves look. And no I dont work at CEN never have, they do have their issues with customer service and I have seen several cases where CEN was wrong in their treatment of customer with legitimate issues, and I have seen ALOT of people who needlessly go off when they dont get the response they expect! This is not a perfect world and when things dont go in your favor dont act like a little spoiled brat, nut up and handle it yourself(might do a better job anyway). But bashing and flaming manufacturers for "flaws" is not going to get you ANY help from them. But you act respectfully towards them, they will be very happy to help you work through the issue.

I have been around the block a few times and have seen this behavior out of many people, young and old. And everytime it has turned out that the reactions of the people asking for help who did not get the help is what really caused the turmoil. All I'm saying is guys, keep your cool and dont go on a *****fest, that does not help. Be respectful and curtious(sp) to those who might be able to help and you will have much for fun. This is only a hobby after al we are not saving the world or curing cancer here..

Enjoy your chosen hobby and work through your issues calmly sensibly. You gain alot more respect from others when you do!!!

Peace out!!
Old 03-24-2010, 09:03 AM
nitro-rob

ORIGINAL: derrick05

ORIGINAL: The Real Dogman

But I would bet those thousands your little crusade wont make a bit of difference to a hill of beans.
You've got that one right.Over the years CEN has shown over,and over again that they really dont give the slightest care about who they rip off,and I dont see their ''its always customer error''attitude changing due to this incident or any other.I do like some CEN trucks,but they are alot more complicated than most and require more skill and knowledge to keep running.If you dont have years of experience in this hobby,then CEN isnt for you.A very high number of these trucks do come defective,but Ken Wu is as unpredictable as the wind.It just depends what kind of mood he is in on that day,as to weather he is willing to help or not.
I don't agree that its a customer is always wrong is the mentality. All RC companies get a lot of calls from people who don't know what they are doing and mess their stuff up. People always claim they hardly drove it or did everything according to the book etc... and its mostly lies. Its hard to filter through this and give good support. Most of the time I hear people complaining about any RC company you can tell they don't know what they don't know and they are angry and thats likely why they didn't get very far.

Yes, people may have years of experience and have had a hundred RCs, but then there is the attitude. People can be real jerks and emotional when it comes to their RC problems. I do question people who have had RCs for a few years and still call product support for a truck that is more than a year old, it shows a lack of independence and likely skill. Don't assume people who get mat about support are not at fault. Its naive to think company bad, people good.

I called Castle Creations a few months ago after I made a stupid mistake and blew my ESC. I told the guy I really screwed up and explained the situation and asked him some questions. He replaced the setup for free and said it was largely because I admitted fault and didn't yell at him and call their equipment garbage which most people do because they are upset and act emotional on the phone and he would give me a second chance without penalty.

No implications here to any individuals, just noting my observations over the last couple years of following posts on RCU and talking to friends that complain about the local shops.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:38 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: 27pos

Well then Mr. Hero of the Day,, spend your thousands over $555. Being treated badly is apart of everyday life. It might not be fair, but it is a fact of life. If you want to spend thousands because your feelings were hurt, then go right ahead, be my guest!! But I would bet those thousands your little crusade wont make a bit of difference to a hill of beans.

I would love to follow along as your case is heard(by the courts) so would you please post your docket number here so I can see how it goes. It would set a fantastic precidence(sp) for the rest of us poor misguide individuals who get treated poorly by some company. Wow!! could you imagine what it would be like if we all could get satisfaction for being treated badly and gettng our feelings hurt!!! You could change the world!!
so you're a genius that likes to hear himself!!!! get a life!!! Obviously you're one of the people that likes to treat people like s#$t and don't want it to impact you!!!

But i'm sure that the next person who don't get treated like crap from cen and actually gets taken care of might appreciate someone going to the extent to make sure it don't happen to them.
like i said You are obviously one of the people who deal with it then b#$%h about it and do nothing. Hey i'm happy for you!
never did i ask for your ignorant opinion anyways nor remember saying a damn thing to you in the first place. Seriously why bother responding? but, you know you're going to anyways because you like to hear yourself. I don't know why what i'm doing is bothering you so much!!! do you work at CEN? if not mind your own business. but i guess when a person doesn't have a life, everything is your business.

It is nice to know that what i'm doing is already impacting someone, because your panties are in an uproar!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
I think you're talking to the wrong guy about not helping or treating people like s$#&. Dogman has probably helped more people than you will ever know !! Be sure and fill us in on the suit. PS: Judge Judy ( versus the lawyer ) would save you enough for a new motor.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:25 PM
wormburner62

nomobux, i'm so sick of stooping to levels like your, i'm not even going to bother. say what you will!!   Judge judy??? that's definately the best you got.  

Have a good Day!!!!
Old 03-24-2010, 03:45 PM
nitro-rob

Despite the joking and minor jabbing that has been going on, the posters in here are spending time to make decent points that are worth listening to and wouldn't do it if they weren't trying to honestly pass on information from a world of experience they have collected over a long time. They don't go in the forums to jab....at least that is not their primary point. Dogman is a good guy to learn from and he has a comedic approach that can be mistaken as confrontational. He's an RCU vet - I've never been in a forum he's been in yet but I've read many of his posts for different reasons since joining and I have learned from him.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:23 PM
wormburner62

i only came on RCU for the cen section, not to get in petty arguments with people who have to throw jabs. clearly dogman was trying to hurt my feelings.    I didn't go to him to throw jabs. i was just telling people what was going on with me and specifically said it might be different for the guy that posted this so call them. i did not say it was going to be the same for everybody who called CEN. and after all the people dogman has heard over the years *****ing about CENs customer service, you'd think he'd say something more like  " its about time somebody decided to do something about it "      No instead i got  some smart ***** comment for no reason.  If he is so good you'd think he would have just said nothing.

So i'm sorry but he was definately throwing jabs and along with the band wagon.

Dogman your right i don't need to know ***** from you, so don't make it like i came to talking ***** then started asking you for help.  You came to me and started talking *****, so i figured since we are such good friends maybe you'd care to elaborate. Guess not.   Thanks anyways!!!!!
Old 03-24-2010, 10:37 PM
nitro-rob

The point in all the posting from others is that you are better off being independent and not fighting with CEN. Don't get lost in all of the other banter, there is something behind all of this and the intent was not to anger you but rather humorously point out that its likely not a battle worth fighting. Its not a beginners truck and it relies on the user to be independent to own it. If you quickly got angry with them and showed the fire that was displayed in this forum they would likely not be too eager to help. I wasn't there on the phone so I don't know, but it didn't take much for things to go negative in a hurry. Every manufacturer has angered somebody, I've met people that will never touch a traxxas, HPI, LOSI or tamiya product again from a single dealing with these manufacturers. Its not a perfect world and high performance RC's are difficult to support with all the abuse the trucks are subjected to and quite often trucks are abused by people who want it supported with full warranty like a 1:1 scale vehicle

Going into a forum to vent or share anything opens your thoughts to scrutiny from others and you can't vent without getting feedback whether it is positive or negative. Behind all this I see things as being positive.

I admit, there is a way to say things and it wasn't the smoothest exchange in here but taking things with a grain of salt and humour could help you get past the jabs (and they aren't that bad when you consider that effort still went in to helping you understand the big picture). Your best bet is to do what you can to enjoy RC and remember why you are doing this. Life is too short.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:38 PM
nitro-rob

Man, I am starting to sound like my dad.....enough podium time for me, I have fuel to burn and so do you.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:48 PM
wormburner62

no problems here. nice input though. a good ref is always appreciated. LOL!!!!
Old 03-24-2010, 10:56 PM
The Real Dogman

LOL yeah What Rob Said err "Doctor Bob" LOL

BTW 27pos,, Does this mean the Law Suit is off??? (Sorry Rob Couldn't help it)
Old 03-24-2010, 11:27 PM
nitro-rob

Too funny Dogman. I wouldn't expect less from you. The Doctor is always in. Maybe I should change my name to the_nitro_doctor.

So Pos, what are your plans for your truck in the short term, the weather there isn't much different than here and its almost time to drive.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:16 AM
wormburner62

let me guess, you spelled my online like that tohurt my feelings? you're a moron!!!! everytime a moron like you gets mad at me thats what they allways do, bring up the online name. Going to give you an A+++ for originality!!!

Just when we were becoming friends. you're breaking my heart! Stop it!!!!

nitro-rob, Well i installed the piston, sleeve and conrod andsealed the engine tuesday night, then iwent and bought all new screws and bearings yesterday and finally got my truck back together and got one tank in on the breakin process. so i'm going to finish that today and while thats going on i'm going to work on this revo 3.3 i picked up yesterday while i was at the hobby shop for $150.. It should be a pretty good day.
Do you have any tracks by you? have you gone to any this year?
Old 03-25-2010, 06:21 AM
The Real Dogman

Its funny, calling people names..

BTW what the hell are you talking about??
Old 03-25-2010, 06:30 AM
wormburner62

how did you read my post before i posted it?   

And i'm sure you didn't mean to spell my online name like that.  Personally i dont give a rats *****.  you can talk ***** about me untill you are blue in the face.   More power to you.  it's not like i'm asking to be your friend.  Seriously all the jabs aren't going to  hurt my feelings so keep em coming!!
Old 03-25-2010, 07:51 AM
The Real Dogman

It's Magic!!!

No Jabs here!! If I wanted to throw jabs, this would have been a completely different thread!! You just dont have a clue about how forums really work do you?? Look, I will not go into too much detail here, but I have been on these forums for many years! Prolly, more years then you have been in highschool(Maybe Not). I think very carefully about almost every post I make on any forum I visit, so this little banter here has been so very mild. I truely have no anger, ill will or even animosity for anyone online, I dont even know them. However, I do enjoy seeing the fantastic reactions of some people. Call it a hobby if you will. And if I can combine my two favorite "hobbies" and be married to coolest woman in world then I truely live a blessed and happy life. I am trying to enlighten you about a couple things. When start talkig about a lawsuit over anything under $2000.00 the first thing I think is OMG!! are freakin kidding me??!!?? What a waist of time and money!!! It would cost just way too much to even call a lawer about it!! So.. that just opened the door. Dr BOB hit it right on the nail head... So relax a little and live happier stop taking your hobby so seriously.. Join in the fun, you will be happier and healthier.

BTW Appologies to the OP...
Old 03-25-2010, 08:26 AM
wormburner62

It's Magic!!!

No Jabs here!! If I wanted to throw jabs, this would have been a completely different thread!! You just dont have a clue about how forums really work do you?? Look, I will not go into too much detail here, but I have been on these forums for many years! Prolly, more years then you have been in highschool(Maybe Not). I think very carefully about almost every post I make on any forum I visit, so this little banter here has been so very mild. I truely have no anger, ill will or even animosity for anyone online, I dont even know them. However, I do enjoy seeing the fantastic reactions of some people. Call it a hobby if you will. And if I can combine my two favorite "hobbies" and be married to coolest woman in world then I truely live a blessed and happy life. I am trying to enlighten you about a couple things. When start talkig about a lawsuit over anything under $2000.00 the first thing I think is OMG!! are freakin kidding me??!!?? What a waist of time and money!!! It would cost just way too much to even call a lawer about it!! So.. that just opened the door. Dr BOB hit it right on the nail head... So relax a little and live happier stop taking your hobby so seriously.. Join in the fun, you will be happier and healthier.

BTW Appologies to the OP...
now thats a post i can live with.
if you didn't intentionally attack my online name, then my appologies. it happens. alot of people think they are smart because they came up with something so brilliant as to attacking my online name and quite frankly its old. you know? alot of times i fly off the handle for no reason.
Anyways; good post and its been fun!!!!
Old 03-25-2010, 10:01 AM
nitro-rob

I am so confused......
Old 03-25-2010, 12:15 PM
fastmonte22

so far dealing with cen has been ok mailed he motor to them yesterday priority should have it friday kevin said i should have it back by wed we will see in the mean time it gives me time to adjust other things on the truck and paint my new body for it just a hobby  things to do for fun so if one par is broke do something else till it gets fixed you can still havr fun with it even if its not running thanks for all your help people get posting more stuff if you think of something else to do  with this truck  by the way is the traxxas top fuel power plus really not good for this truck
Old 03-25-2010, 04:06 PM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

I am so confused......
Add me
Old 03-25-2010, 09:05 PM
fastmonte22

sweet kevin called me 2 hours afer i left message sending me new motor and put my clutch and gears back on it off old one told me not to se traxxas power plus any more use byrons or werks 30% kinda sucks only fuel at my lhs carries is traxxas but whatever i need to run right  cen has been good to me so far so mark one up for cen and kevin thanks            now waiting on new fuel and engine break in all over hope to get to drive it this time before it blows  looking forward to help after i break in thanks guys appreciate the help keep it comeing
Old 03-25-2010, 09:12 PM
nitro-rob

I'm glad it worked out and good luck with the next break in.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:45 PM
fastmonte22

i hear ya or thank you we will see hope i dont have to  send it back ready to drive but started to snow again tonight so gotta wait for the break in nice day again

Old 03-31-2010, 09:43 AM
SplitSecound

Fastmounte: Cen has a bad rep:[:'(] Let me tell you, Cen dose not have good custormer service at all. You really want to get them were it hurts, don't buy anything of their's and past it down to other newby's who are thinking of buying Cen product not too buy anything of cen, stay away from cen cars they are junk. Its just a matter of time that cen will fold, because no hobby shops or manufactures even carrie cen products and they said why. A lot of manufactures and hobby shop said we don't carry cen products because alot of custormers don't want to deal with cen because they say that cen sells nothing but junk. If you want a RC monster truck, if ever interested, then stick with Associated, MGT4.6 Losi, Lst xxl Hpiracing, Savage X 4.6 Traxxas, T-Maxx 3.3 or Revo3.3 These company's are the way to go. You will not go wrong and do your self a favor, Get rid of that Cen gst7.7 garbage and save your self a hole lot of pain. Take it from me I have alot of experiance with the CEN gst7.7 and it is rubbish.[:'(] Don't let the guys who have them tell you that they can help you with your truck because you are just going to have this same problem over and over again. Trust Me I know. If this dosn't tell you anything, then stick around rc universe and check Rc monster trucks threads and forums and see how bad they talk badly and I mean badly about Cen gst7.7 people don't like cen at all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.