RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   CEN Racing (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/cen-racing-310/)
-   -   Airtronics / Sanwa MX3 FM 3 CH Radio Swap Program (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/cen-racing-310/3100358-airtronics-sanwa-mx3-fm-3-ch-radio-swap-program.html)

Supertronic Systems-Malta 06-23-2005 04:27 AM

Airtronics / Sanwa MX3 FM 3 CH Radio Swap Program

Hey Genesis owners,

Check out the swap program CEN is offering on there new Genesis truck Airtronics MX3 FM 3CH Radio.

More info www.cenracing.com

Regards

SejR/C 06-23-2005 05:04 AM

RE: Airtronics / Sanwa MX3 FM 3 CH Radio Swap Program

Great!
That's a no-can-decline-offer :)
Sending my radio system off very soon.
Thanks

CEN Racing 06-23-2005 12:27 PM

Yes, Here is the info.

For CEN Owners Only!!!!!

If you are experiencing difficulties using AM radio in your region and or just want to upgrade your radio to FM, CEN Racing has an exclusive offer for all current customers. CEN is offering a radio swap program that consists of swapping in your old AM radio for a state of the art 3 CH FM Sanwa / Airtronics MX3 radio system ($150 value).

To participate in this program, simply follow the directions below.

Send in:

Any AM CEN brand radio. (Mirage, Mirage 3, Impact C3)
Payment of $60.00 in form of money order, cashiers check, or you can also pay by credit card. Contact info neede to get CC #.
Your completely filled out radio swap program form. Download below.
Click here for the form

Send in only your AM CEN brand radio along with the receiver and crystals.

What you will receive:

Upon receiving your AM CEN brand radio, along with payment, you will receive a BRAND NEW Airtronics / Sanwa brand FM MX3 3 channel 5 model memory radio system along with crystals and receiver.

Thanks for choosing CEN Racing products!

AB!! 06-23-2005 03:22 PM

I emailed Cen yesterday about this offer and they replied that it is only open to Cen owners living in the states.

Cen, there are owners of your products world wide and this offer should be extended to everyone.

CEN Racing 06-23-2005 03:26 PM

AB!!,

Our U.S. distribution center is the only CEN Representative implicating this swap at this time. They may accept outside of U.S. consumers at a later date. However, for now they can only supply the consumers withing their region of the world. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

cenracer1 06-25-2005 09:46 AM

I will be sending mine out monday or tuesday.. It applies to all cen am radio's not just genesis.. best $60.00 I ever spent.. :D

rolland 06-25-2005 10:32 AM

Already sent mine couldn't pass this up.

rolland

SejR/C 06-25-2005 11:56 AM

Lucky US consumers....[&:]

poor judgement 06-25-2005 03:10 PM

Like Sej said...

azzman 06-25-2005 05:16 PM

Like PJ said...

The Goat 06-26-2005 11:41 AM

does this apply to the "Impact C2" that came with my MT2?

CEN Racing 06-26-2005 02:14 PM

The Goat:

This offer applied to any CEN radio, any model.

rolland 07-07-2005 10:44 PM

Received mine today thanks. This is a worthwhile upgrade and doesn't cost much more than a high torque servo.

This should be a sticky as well as the motor swap post.

rolland

poor judgement 07-08-2005 09:39 AM

hey Cen Racing...

Could u not send a load of UK spec Airtronics radios over to Irvine in the UK to do the swap program over here?

There are a lot of Cen owners here who would really appreciate it. I occasionally bash with 4 or 5 other Funfactors - when we all turn up - and all have shown an interest in this swap, only to be dissappointed when I tell them its a US thing only.

Please!! Cmon, u have a strong following over here!!

Scouser 07-08-2005 11:01 AM

I cant really see Irvine accepting this offer though buddy. Imagine all those Dash Saber stick controllers they would get!! Also, Irvine have taken over Ripmax and are now the distributors for Sanwa and Futaba. They should run an offer with one ofthose two brands for a 40meg tranny. Now that would be sweet.

benifur 07-08-2005 01:09 PM

There's a problem with this RX the servo leads don't fit it so you get a $90 TX & RX for $60+ your old one now you have to spend more money to make it fit,. I had to order a new RX $60 because I broke the steering pin's off tring to force the servo leads in. So now it's cost me $120 and I still don't have the Z adapters. I'm feeling like a fool for not researching this set up. Even if I hadn't of broke it I still think this deal suck's. Cen you should do this exchange for free. You gave us bad eletronics to begin with and you know it or you wouldn't be doing the exchange. I wish I'd of bought a JR system for $200 I'd have a top notch set up for only $80 more. OH and you get servos with the JR. for $119 the airtronic's come's with servo's. I know it isn't your fault that I broke it. But you could send the adapters. And your steering servo sucks too. NOT A HAPPY CAMPER BEN !

P.S. I'm bad mouthing you to everyone that is interested in your stuff. My genisis has been falling apart from day one (locktight isn't that expencive) frist the cluch bell came loose took out the gears, the suspention was coming apart evey time I tried to drive it. The 2 & 3 speed clutchs where not even close to being set right the 2 speed was around 2 1/2 full turns diff. in the 2 screws (and I wonder why it wouldn't shift right) . I'd offer to come to work for you as Quality conntrol. But I probably quit the frist day because it don't look like you a very conserned about it. I don't even have a gal. of nitro through it yet.

rolland 07-08-2005 11:38 PM

Mine installed just fine without any problems. I plugged in some of my Airtronics, Hitec, XTM, CEN, and Traxxas servos just to check and had no problems with the connectors.
If you had gone out and boughten an MX3 radio from you LHS it would have came with the same RX.
As far as needing a " Z adapter" the radio does have a servo reversing option.
My only problem with the MX3 is the poor quality manual, which isn't CEN's fault.

rolland

cenracer1 07-09-2005 07:13 AM

Benifur... I can't sit here and listen to your rantings and not comment on it... First off... anyone except maybe a newbie knows what locktite is and that it must be used and all screws checked BEFORE you run the truck for the first time... If you can't get the leads to fit and even broke them, you probably tried to put them in backwards...... the airtronic setup is the standard which all others use so fit is not a problem...
I don't mean to sound nasty, but I have experience with alot of cen products and I have no unusual problems with it.. Especially the Genesis, which is a tank... The only problem with the Genesis is when a beginner buys it... They will have problems... I don't understand why you are having so many problems... quality is not a problem.....

benifur 07-09-2005 10:44 AM

OK I'm not new to this I have 4 nito trucks and a 1/2 dozen ele. non of them where falling apart out of the box and you should NOT have to rebuild them before you run them. and the servo leads won't fit on the one they sent me frontward , backward, upside down ,or inside out. Now that I broke it I took the top off and they don't fit I filed alittle out of the lid now they fit frontward backward and upside down. so when I get the new one if they don't fit I'll put my moddified top on it.

benifur 07-09-2005 10:57 AM

I figured out the problem I thought RTR ment ready to run I guess I'm wrong. Does it mean ready to repair when you buy a CEN product?

benifur 07-09-2005 11:17 AM

ok I don't even know what a Z connector is. All I know is they would not fit even with the top off the RX they would not go in frontwards or backward (I did try it both ways before it broke) when it did decide to start in I could see the side of the lid bulging. then I pushed alittle harder and it weny sideways towards the bulge and bent one of the pins when I tried to straiting it it broke off I know this is my fault but I don't understand why they wont fit but they didn't. now they do but it was the steering I broke. and I did hook up the throttle/brake and the shifter and they work fine and that told me I wasn't tring to put them in backward they just didn't fit it until I did some filling on the top of the box. I had never heard of a Z connector until I seen it on the RX. I take that back I remimber seeing something about them on sevor extention instrucktions.

rolland 07-10-2005 10:38 AM

Once apon a time there were 2 TX manufacturers, Airtronics and Futaba. Each one had an idea on how a servo should connect to the RX but the only one that told any of the servo manufacturers and didn't try to make the plug proprietary was Futaba. Seeing that the market was starting to go to Futaba, Airtronics decided they needed to change there thinking and make thier Rx's compatible with every one else. But then somebody walked into the warehouse and saw 1000's of servo's that couldn't be used with the new Rx's and said we need to sell these, thus the Z connector was born.
Basically the Z connector, connects older Airtronics servo's to standard Rx's
If you think that you are having problems now look at airplanes where there is still an Aitronics shift and an Futaba/Hitec shift. Realy the only difference there is the wires are backwards.

Regarding the use of locktite. If you were paid 20.00 dollars a day to assemble trucks would you be to thorough. I know this is an exaggeration but is the just of it.
In the new Extreme RC Cars mag they review the new Mammoth ST and the biggest complaints that they have are the lack of locktite and the weak steering servo.

Rule number one to nitro truck's and it doesn't matter who made it check every nut and bolt as well as the gear mesh.

rolland

CEN Racing 07-11-2005 01:40 AM

poor judgement , Scouser & all value CEN customers:

Here is the news you have been waiting for. Foreign CEN owners can now participate in our Radio Swap program. Please follow the steps on the website. Please understand that you will be responsible for freight charge of both trip.

All radios must be shipped to CEN Racing USA, only.

SejR/C 07-11-2005 04:41 AM

ORIGINAL: CEN Racing

poor judgement , Scouser & all value CEN customers:

Here is the news you have been waiting for. Foreign CEN owners can now participate in our Radio Swap program. Please follow the steps on the website. Please understand that you will be liable for freight charge of both trip.
Yee-Haa ! This is really good news.
Shipping mine tomorrow.:D

rolland 07-11-2005 11:09 AM

That's great news for them.
Now if you could do something about their Irvine problem there would be dancing in the streets.

rolland