RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   CEN Racing (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/cen-racing-310/)
-   -   My New CEN MG16 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/cen-racing-310/5925965-my-new-cen-mg16.html)

mrarc2002 05-31-2007 11:23 AM

My New CEN MG16

1 Attachment(s)
Just thought i'd share this with you...
What do ya think? Any good? Only slightly bigger than the mini-madness! Gonna run her in at the weekend - CONSTANTLY RAINNING at the mo!

dustin7837 05-31-2007 05:04 PM

RE: My New CEN MG16

Awesome! Please let us know how it goes. I am thinking I need one, but The mini madness was... well just OK, nothing great. Hopefully this is better and more customizable.

AllAboutFunHobbies 05-31-2007 05:05 PM

Yes please let everyone know how it runs and everything. We're thinking about stocking some but haven't heard any feed back on them yet.

MiniManiac 06-07-2007 07:22 PM

Hi there. could you please tell me what remote you got with your mg16? I've already ordered one, but a little inside info never hurt. thanks!!!

Dokioto 06-08-2007 01:39 AM

Can you get it in the US? I can't find any were that sells it... Looks like a very nice truck

mrarc2002 06-11-2007 06:53 AM

Quite surprised actually, ran her in this weekend – put four tanks of fuel through her, made a slight adjustment to the carb and (only in the garden mind) gave her a little push of the throttle – constantly popping wheelies…. Then it rained!

It came with Skyion DSX, my first digital controller – so easy to set-up!

MiniManiac 06-13-2007 01:16 PM

I recently bought an MG16 aswell, and I must be honest, this is one cool little truck. It's had about 10 tanks of fuel, and it's loosening up nicely. I've given it its fair share of bashing already, from cartwheels to flips to crashes from 2 feet high. No damage. Nothing! Compliments to the guys at CEN who designed this little monster, it wheelies all over the place, goes like an unleashed maniac and stands for quite a bit of bashing (trust me, I know!). A few comments for anyone who's looking to buy one, first of all, richen the mixture by a quarter turn before running it. I noticed someome else on the site moaning that it's an annoying truck because it keeps stalling. This is because the factory setting is a little lean causing bubbles in the fuel lines. Open the carb a bit, and the problem is solved. And you'll need a fair share of patience during the break-in period, this motor suffers severely from break in pains. Once broken in, you'll have hours of reliable fun. It's also kitted out with 2 3kg servos for quicker reactions, and a nice digital radio to match. So far my experience with this car is good, and after running it on my Mini Madness wheels, I've come to realise how good those Mini Dogbonz (Mini Madness) tires grip. That's my next purchase.

Keep on bashing!

mrarc2002 06-13-2007 01:26 PM

Out of interest, how would I know what size body shell I could get to the replace the stock one? When I bought mine they didn't specify a colour choice - ended up with a pink body!

If known, which manufacturer or scale would I get???

MiniManiac 06-13-2007 02:18 PM

Same here, I also ended up with a pink body. As for replacements, I douldn't really know. I have a mini madness aswell, but that body could never fit as it's much narrower. I'm going to get a 1:10 mini cooper body and try to fit that, I'll let you know when I've got it.

Cheers!

EP Hobbies 06-20-2007 01:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Dokioto

Can you get it in the US? I can't find any were that sells it... Looks like a very nice truck

We have them in stock :)

Jan

Andrew Smolnik 06-21-2007 01:04 PM

The MG 16 is extremely fun and believe it or not, one of my favorite cars to drive. Its fast, durable and ....... pulls wheelies. Im a fan of anything that pulls wheelies. Plus we made sure that the price was acceptable.

Thanks for compliments guys. I am proud of our Research and Development team as this is a great product!

poot77 06-21-2007 05:15 PM

Im looking to buy one on ebay for 160$ on the ep hobbies ebay store,i just need 60 more dollars,But when i get it im gonna buy one.

CEN Racing 06-21-2007 05:26 PM

There has been a great response to the MG-16. It is now availible in all markets and we are absolutely thrilled to have a new market that is both fun and cost effective.... by the way the MG-16 comes with the skyion DSX

webdr 06-29-2007 02:28 PM

Just a heads up, I currently have an MG16 and an MG10 on the way to me for review for RCUniverse...

dustin7837 06-29-2007 02:46 PM

ORIGINAL: CEN Racing

There has been a great response to the MG-16. It is now availible in all markets and we are absolutely thrilled to have a new market that is both fun and cost effective.... by the way the MG-16 comes with the skyion DSX
any plans for a kit version w/o the radio?

webdr 07-15-2007 03:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is....a review is in the making :)

gasser1933 08-30-2007 04:32 AM

ORIGINAL: CEN Racing

Is there a factory update for the muffler leaks that have been spoken of in other threads?

digout 09-01-2007 08:13 AM

I called CEN for updates/upgrades yesterday on the MG16 and they had none to report. They said for us to watch their Website for this info. On the exhaust pipe canister I went on ahead and added sealant to the ends of the canister using the same sealant as for the carb, backplate and carb tightener.

muck76 09-01-2007 01:24 PM

Digout, how did the pede exhaust work on the MG16?

Xtfreak 09-01-2007 06:52 PM

How much is it?

digout 09-02-2007 12:05 AM

Muck 76, the Pede exhaust fitted-up like original. Today I ran it with the Pede set-up and found that it performed about the same as the MG 16 canister factory set-up (slow). I tried tunning every possible combination to get maximum power but it would not run any better. I went on ahead and put my Cen manifold and CD3 pipe back on and compared the two set-ups. The CD3 pipe set-up ran much better and cooler. Looking at the Pede exhaust I now know why it did not help; the tubing is sized for a .12 engine....1/4 openings vs 1/2 for the CD3. The Pede manifold itself tubing size is just too small for good exhaust flow. I went on ahead and dremeled out the Pede manifold about 25% larger to see if this would help. I have not tried it out yet since now I am trying to put in a HPI .18 engine in it.

muck76 09-02-2007 11:03 AM

Thanks for the info on the pede exhaust. I may try to make a CRT .5 pipe work as a rear exhaust.

I read your post on CEN on your .18 engine. I see you are using a SG crank.
Here is the engine i was thinking of using.
[link=http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg2102.html]os .18cvrx[/link]
Like i had posted in CEN forum using SP34 or traxxas pilot shaft make make this work for the MG16. The engine has a prop washer all ready there. I think the flywheel will fit on the crank shaft and the pilot shaft will put the CB out to stock placement.
I believe your post said the CEN flywheel was smaller diameter for the crank, can you drill it?

Food for thought. I was going to post this on the CEN fourm but i figured they would not like OS engines link on thier site.

digout 09-03-2007 08:45 AM

The reason why I am using an SG crankshaft is due to the MG16 flywheel mounting hole is too large for a standard shaft crank. The MG16 flywheel mounting hole is meant for SG type cranks such as the MG16 .15 engine. The MG16 flywheel bore will not fit on a normal SG crankshaft because the shaft portion between the front engine bearing and the threads is larger than the CEN .15. CEN's crank is smaller in this area thus allowing the the MG16 flywheel to move tight against the prop spacer. You are right that if the CEN flywheel bore is opened up a few mm it would then fit on other SG engines. Tsais makes an adapter to go from side exhaust to a round type rear exhaust configuration so that one can use rear exhaust manifolds.

jonnymobil 09-19-2007 03:52 AM

hmmm,i guessi got the prototype?

RCCEN 09-29-2007 01:08 AM

Nice Collection. Must be expensive to maintain. I know of a good hobby shop online that sells parts at good prices and offers free shipping www.pradohobbyshop.com

mrarc2002 09-29-2007 02:24 AM

Could you let me know if this pipe is worth getting? As I think mine is ****ed!

http://www.hobbystores.co.uk/2005/FS...electedTab=040 item number Z-CENG70318
http://www.hobbystores.co.uk/2005/FS...electedTab=040 item number Z-CENG70336

It's in the section for the MG16 but, not sure?

Cheers

derrick05 09-29-2007 06:37 AM

Good deal;)Ive been trying to decide weather to buy one or not and you guys just made up my mind for me.I will be ordering one in the near future:DI sum it up as a tough,fun,affordable little truck(typical cen product);)Only drawbacks I see is no or very little upgrades available,and have to be an RC genious to use anyother motor than the stock one,but thats okay because I see that cen gives lifetime engine replacement[X(]Does anyone know the details of this engine replacement?Please explain because it sounds to good to be true.Has to be a catch.Im gonna get one anyway,but sure would like to be filled in on this lifetime engine thing.That didnt even come with my nemesis and it was way more expensive,but thats okay because it runs so good,I dont even need a engine warranty[:'(] Im sure the MG-16 is not perfect but I dont think you can even find anything that compares for$200.00 new and lifetime engine replacement,but you know how it goes,you just cant satisfy some people no matter what[:-]

muck76 09-29-2007 11:36 AM

ORIGINAL: mrarc2002

Could you let me know if this pipe is worth getting? As I think mine is ****ed!

http://www.hobbystores.co.uk/2005/FS...electedTab=040 item number Z-CENG70318
http://www.hobbystores.co.uk/2005/FS...electedTab=040 item number Z-CENG70336

It's in the section for the MG16 but, not sure?

Cheers
i do not think it will fit between the wheels. i am working on a rear exhaust set up now. Waiting for parts....

GMSGMS 02-23-2008 05:46 PM

I want One of these Really Bad!! I just dont have the funds right now. I Already have one of the 'Famous' Stampedes. Its a great truck. I just am getting bored with Having to recharge my battery every time when its run down to drive it again. I was researching and couldn't decide if i wanted the Cen MG16 or the Trinity Next. Which is a better Truck? I am leaning towards the Cen MG16, but I'm not completely sure thats the way i want to go.

muck76 02-23-2008 06:49 PM

I was not fond of the next as the diffs and tranny gears are partial plastic and not the quality of CENs diff and tranny. When they built the MG16 they based it off 1/10 components. It is a tuff truck.

If you like the looks of the NEXT i would recommend looking at either Xrays mini nitros or the VTX mst1.
The VTX is almost the same as the next but built with better parts in the drive line and suspension. My only issue with VTX is parts availability.

I think the MG16 is bigger than any of those also. I have no problems recommending the MG to any one.

GMSGMS 02-23-2008 07:12 PM

Ok Thanks for the info. Yeah I was considering The VTX also. Just didn't mention it. Isn't the VTX a 2wheeldrive? I'm really looking for a truck that I can go anywhere with. I just got back from driving my stampede in the snow. Its 2wheeldrive and it got stuck every minute or so! haha.

muck76 02-23-2008 07:15 PM

the vtx is 4wd but all the 1/16 have low ground clearance.... will still get stuck

GMSGMS 02-23-2008 07:26 PM

Thanks for all the help! This website is so helpful!

mikeeh 12-20-2009 11:23 PM

I got one yesterday. Very neat truck. I got hooked on the small scale nitros from the sportwerks chaos - which blew diffs like it was its job.
This truck appears to be very solid.

I wanted to spare myself the blisters of pullstarting so I installed a roto start from my old Savage! The rotostart bolts right up but you must install an HPI S25 one way bearing in it as well, since the Cen bearing is too large. THen it fired right up the first try!
Had an easy time breaking it in and it fires up like a champ. This will definately be one of my favorite fun trucks to play around the yard with.

RCnutz 02-03-2010 08:33 PM

engine lifetime replacement only if a UFO crashes on your truck. lies! all lies!