Search
Notices

Aluminum Turbo Cooling Fan

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 09:32 AM
shearerad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aluminum Turbo Cooling Fan

Hello everyone! My question is about the aluminum cooling fan that century sells. I recently purchased the upgrade and noticed that the fins if spun in the direction of rotation acually spin backwards. Its almost like the engine should start backwards for it to do it job. Now that its installed i have noticed that the engine overheats alot and burnt my exhaust coppler. Is the fan supposed to be like that or is this possibly a defect. Thanks for any help
Old 09-18-2003, 02:50 AM
Stebbo

Default RE: Aluminum Turbo Cooling Fan

Hi, I'm in the process of building a hawk SE and was considering fitting the aluminum fan to improve the cooling as I plan to fit a twinstar fuselage. Did you get the problem sorted ?

Or perhaps anybody could tell me if the standard fan will provide suitable cooling ?
Old 09-18-2003, 08:19 PM
syclic

Why change from the stock fan which provides some of the best cooling in any 30 size heli?

Check out the Century Forum on RunRyder and do a search on the machined unit for comments.
Old 09-23-2003, 11:38 AM
Stebbo

I've just managed to check out Runryder and have decided to carry on on with the stock fan. Thanks for your help.