Notices

century hawk for 100.00

Old 10-10-2013, 03:09 PM
geeter
My Feedback: (110)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default century hawk for 100.00

hey guys, about two weeks ago i picked up a century hawk hanging in a hobby shop near where i live. it's a 50 size with a toki .40 motor and tuned exhaust. they had the tail gears stripped the clutch lining to big where it was grabbing at startup and the motor was stuck not turning over. i fix all that geting the motor freed up was pretty easy fixing the clutch lining was a matter of sanding it down some.......maybe .015 it works good now,and ordering gears from ron's heli south. i got a starter wand for 10.00 a pitch gage for 5.00 and two hh gyros for 15.00. one is a titon the other is a hobbyking 401-b. all in all i can't believe i got it hovering pretty steady after not flying helis for 12 years. it's fun again. i fly planes mostly but this just adds to the fun at a very cheap price...............RON
Old 10-11-2013, 09:38 AM
rotor09

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had a Hawk Pro since they were first released. It has been powered by an OS32SXH, a Toki 40 and now an OS37. It now has over 500 flights on it and is still going strong. Due to how well it flies and how easy and inexpensive it is to repair, I have used it as my go-to heli when I practiced new things. It got me through my first flips, my first 360 degree autos, first backward and inverted flight, first funnels etc.

The power to weight ratio (specially using the older OS32) is not nearly as good as on my electric Swifts or larger helis, but this taught me how to better manage my collective and cyclic.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:42 AM
geeter

i think there a great heli. for the price i mean. the only reason i bought this was,,,,,,,, price. i can;t afford to go out a buy a 1300.00 align. i have the talent to fix these and said i can get this flying with some work and another 50.00 or so. i like the toki 40, alot of guys had said they were junk but you tune them different than a os or tt. it starts right and runs very steady. i don' care about 3-d stuff, it's cool but i'll put a funky scale body on it and be happy flying circuits around the field i'm pretty sure................. thanks for your answer,,,,RON
Old 10-30-2013, 03:44 PM
geeter

hi again. i just finished my 10th flight on my hawk. flies great the toki motor is great,i never ajust it. also i just bought a century swift16 electric heli from the same person. 40.00. just ordered a 4-s 4000 mah 30 c lipo and 60 amp esc from value hobby. also ordered a sport 550+ motor from century and a 10 tooth pinion gear. using a titan hh gyro and futaba servos with a spectrum ar600 rx and a seperate battery for the rx for longer flight times.hope everything works out for me this is a nice electric heli................having fun..............RON