Search
Notices

Hawk SE Clutch Bell question

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 07:52 AM
Stebbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawk SE Clutch Bell question

Slowly progressing my Hawk SE build project and have a question on the installation of the pre-Assembled Aluminum Clutch bell onto my new OS32.

With the Clutch Shoes tightened onto the engine crankshaft I can still get a very small movement (approx 0.25 mm) of the Clutch bell assembly up and down the crankshaft.
Is this normal ?

I've assembled them a few times as per the instructions and the Clutch is tightening all the way down onto the engine ball bearing. I've used either the M9x14 washer supplied with the kit or with the engine, but the movement is always there.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:17 AM
Darksider

Default RE: Hawk SE Clutch Bell question

yeah this mis normal stebbo, this appears to be a tiny bit of end play since the length of the back of the clutch is a tiny little bit longer than from the top of the inside bearing to the one on the bottom if that makes sense, mine does the exact same thing, i've ran it this way from day one with no problems

gareth
Old 10-28-2003, 03:47 AM
Stebbo

Default RE: Hawk SE Clutch Bell question

Thanks for that Darksider.

Its nice to know my heli's going together properly.