Search
Notices

Throttle Extension on Hak SE

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 03:59 AM
Stebbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Extension on Hak SE

Hi again more build questions on my Hawk SE.

I've got to the stage of mounting my OS32 onto the metal lower side frames and have a question on the throttle linkage.
Having fitted the throttle extension supplied with the kit as per the instructions it will not fit under the side frame at all throttle positions. What am I doing wrong ?

An added complication is that I'm using a scale box muffler so there is not much room to fit the throttle linkage, will the optional purple extension fit ? Has anybody got any experience of using the scale box muffler on a Hawk SE ?
Old 11-04-2003, 12:30 PM
DustOffUH1
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Throttle Extension on Hak SE

I have the throttle extension on my Hawk Sport, but not a scale muffler, so it fits fine. On my Hawk III mechanics for my Bell 222, (scale box muffler) I did not put the extension on. The linkage does kind of go at an angle but I did not see any binding when I tested it. I don't know if thats "right" but it seems to work. I don't see how you could get one on there either. But maybe someone knows.
Joe
Old 11-04-2003, 02:13 PM
DustOffUH1
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Throttle Extension on Hak SE

It looks like you have your answer on the other forum