Notices

Canopies

Old 03-21-2005, 08:50 PM
Industrypaintballer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canopies

Hi I'm new to RC helis and wondered if there are any manufacturers that make a scale canopy of an AH-64 Apache, or other military helicopters. Maybe a Hughes 500 (little bird)? thanks for the info on these forums, i've already picked up some valuable information.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:55 PM
armyrcer-RCU
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: Canopies

here you go [link]http://www.centuryheli.com/products/fuselages/funkey/index.html?currentid=168[/link] [link]http://www.centuryheli.com/products/fuselages/fusel60.html?currentid=157[/link] I see you have 1 for post count. if you are new to helicopters i would go for a pod and boom helicopter first then ease into scale. there are alot of pod and boom helicopters out there not to get in a flame war as they tend to do but a century hawk and raptor 30 seem to be real popular. the century line drops right in the fun-key fuse's without mods. which would be the hawk sport or raven for the larger 46 size fuse's. mike
Old 03-21-2005, 08:57 PM
armyrcer-RCU

all depends on how much money you want to spend[link]http://www.starwoodmodels.com/products/lm/LM1016overview.php[/link] take care mike
Old 03-21-2005, 09:04 PM
Industrypaintballer

I had no idea they would be that costly. Oh well, probably better spent on repairs or upgrades.(hopefully not too many repairs). I guess now I just need to decide which heli and how I'm goona convince my wife it's a good idea!
Old 03-21-2005, 09:08 PM
armyrcer-RCU

they can get expensive when you get started. here is a picture of my first scale. you will be better to get the hawk pro if you go that route which is being released in april. then all you have to do is take the canopy off after you learn to fly the pod and boom and it will slide right in a scale fuse with no mods
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv66115.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	247228   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jf11559.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	247229  
Old 03-21-2005, 09:11 PM
armyrcer-RCU

here is the link for the hawk pro, but i would also find out what people in your area are flying and the parts avalibility. I personally like the century line of helicopters. I have owned a caliber30 and flown a raptor 30 and just like the hawk the best here is the link for the pro[link]http://www.centuryheli.com/products/helikits/cn1000cHawkPro/index.htm?currentid=302[/link]
Old 03-22-2005, 12:05 PM
Industrypaintballer

What can I expect to spend on a Hawk Pro completely set up radio and all? Is the simulator they sell at century any good? I was thinking about buying a suitable radio and a simulator to start, then buying the heli later. good idea, or big mistake?
Old 03-22-2005, 02:48 PM
armyrcer-RCU

a good radio and sim would be a good place to start. I made the mistake of getting a 6ch radio when I started out in rc thinking that was all i was going to need. I now have a 7chp from futaba and wish i would have bought the 9chp now. I fly scale so i run out of channels quick with all the lights and accessories that go with the helicopters. I would say get either aerofly pro deluxe or greats planes G-3. there is another sim out that is good also called reflex xtr. The great planes comes with a transmitter and the others do not. The transmitter with the great planes sim is okay I guess but you will probably want to use your own just to get the feel for the radio and flying a heli while your training on the sim. The price is going to be high no matter what helicopter you get. You are looking a close to a 1000.00 right now to get started. Now if money is an issue then i would get a good radio now and a sim practice while you save up for the rest of the stuff. I will post some links for you to look at with helicopter packages and simulators the first ones will be of the three simulators.[link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHXV6&P=0[/link] here is the aerofly pro deluxe without controller[link]http://www.aeroflypro.com/[/link] [link]http://www.modelrectifier.com/products/rcFlightSimulators/product.asp?ID=1380&Category=RC%20Flight%20Simulators[/link] like I said it can be costly at first to get started, but if you do not want to wait for the hawk pro you can get the hawk combo package for about 650.00 with everything but fuel. here is that link[link]http://www.heli-world.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=H&Product_Code=CN1000CMFS1[/link] that is not a bad combo i have seen many people around here fly that combo and be successful. the thing is have you ever flown Rc before and if you get discouraged that is alot of money to be out of. so i would sugget the hawk combo pack and aerofly pro not the deluxe you looking around 900.00 for all that maybe a little less. anymore questions feel free to ask. mike
Old 03-22-2005, 04:11 PM
Industrypaintballer

Thanks for all the help so far. I live in maine and don't know of any Heli pilots here, aside from the guys associated with the LHS about an hour from me. I don't deal with said LHS because they had the audacity to berate my choice of RC truck(XTM X-Factor) WHILE I WAS AT THE COUNTER paying for over $100 worth of merchendise. Also, I'm new to nitro(I have the truck) and am having trouble keeping temps consistent. How difficult is this in Helis? I was considering electric for this and a few other reasons, but heard they are not good for beginners.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:33 PM
armyrcer-RCU

You could try and do an ama search for local pilots and clubs in your area. I can say if your helicopter engine is not tuned right it will cause vibrations, and other problems. Helicopters take to me alot of fiddling with to get to fly right. they take 100% attention when flying also. The temp is very important in a helicopter you fly it to lean and it will run hot and die on you in the air. too rich and sometimes it will not get the rotorhead speed up high enough to lift off. I would say if you are really interested in getting into helicopters get a sim and good radio as you practice keep reading up and doing your homework so when you get one. you will know what to do and how to do it. I would not get an electric they are small and always require upgrades. I have not flown an electric, but been around a couple of friends who have them and they seem to always having problems with them. Im sure an electric guy will read this and have a ball with it, but that is just what i have seen. the hawk combo will probably be your best bet and you can check out this site on the hawk lots of guys there and mostly a helicopter forum[link]http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/f48p1/[/link]. mike
Old 05-06-2005, 12:47 AM
macsense
My Feedback: (1)

For your viewing:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89729.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	267613   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez81802.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	267614   Click image for larger version

Name:	In28104.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	267615   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jd87685.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	267616  
Old 07-22-2005, 08:08 PM
mikewinter

hi do any body make elec in these catogary Century - Predator, Hawk IV, Falcon, Raven