Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Century - Predator, Hawk IV, Falcon, Raven
Reload this Page >

Predator Gasser 231 carb question

Community
Search
Notices

Predator Gasser 231 carb question

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 08:50 AM
koolhand
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator Gasser 231 carb question

Hello all, I recently aquired a used Predator Gasser. I put my first flight on the helicopter this past weekend. All went well on the first flight (20mins), however on the second flight after 5 minutes of flight the motor completely quite. The end of the plug had a very black char on the end. I have no problem replacing the spark plug but this lead to a search on the web about this motor. This motor has the wt677 carborator on it. According to other vendors and a few other sites it is stated as almost a must to replace this carb with a wt643.
I need someone with more experience than me on gasser helicopter to tell me if indeed I need to replace the carb for performace and reliabilty reasons.

Thanks for the help

Koolhand
Old 09-21-2006, 10:30 AM
DebianDog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Predator Gasser 231 carb question

As the gasser continues to break in you will need to lean it out a bit. Also what oil ratio are you running? You are running Lawn-Boy your first gallon right? It is hard to diagnose these things as sound is the best judge of how it is running but I have not heard of "having to" replace a particular carburetor.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:46 AM
koolhand
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Predator Gasser 231 carb question

This chopper is used with plenty of run time on it. I am running 32:1 mix with Zenoah synthetic oil. I will make some mixture adjustments but was quite concerned with what I read on the net about how the wt677 was junk and that zenoah switched back to wt643 mid-stream of production. This is the link that I am refering to http://helifreak.com/viewtopic.php?t=305. I will replace the plug and start working more specifically with mixture settings.

Thanks for any input