Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Century - Predator, Hawk IV, Falcon, Raven
Reload this Page >

need more pitch on Hawk III? heres the answer.

Community
Search
Notices

need more pitch on Hawk III? heres the answer.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 04:56 PM
helifrek
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need more pitch on Hawk III? heres the answer.

I have a Hawk III and I'm setting up for aerobatics and inverted but I can't get enough negative pitch, I have plenty of positive (15) but only -4 on the bottom, the swashplate will bottom out if it goes down any lower, I know I have to adjust the linkage arms but which ones and to what length? please help asap, thanks for your time.

Brandon L

look at the last post by me and you'll see what to do.
Old 03-24-2003, 01:44 PM
concept1

on your hawk, you should only really need + and -9. 15 is way too much, so adjust your arms to raise you swash up and limit your + to 10 so you should be able to get 8 or 9 neg.

Jon
Old 03-26-2003, 12:40 AM
helifrek

I e-mailed centuryheli about my problem and they said to go under manuals under hawk sport and look up the pushrod adjustments. WARNING: do not attempt to use the Hawk 4 3d push rod adjustments (addendum's I think) for a Hawk III, they are way different and everything will bind, someone told me that they work but they do not. I was able to do my own adjustments and get +10 and -8 but I didn't want to use it, I like to do stuff by the book, not by what I think will do. thanks for the advice.

Brandon
Old 03-30-2003, 04:02 PM
helifrek

ok, I got everything fixed and flying great, if anyone has this problem go up to the post (Hawk III aerobatic possibilitys) or type that into search and look at the instructions from Syclic. but make sure everything is at the factory setting before you use the instructions, also I had to make the aileron to swash arms about 3-4mm longer to get the right amount of negative without the swash bottoming out. the instructions are confusing at first but read them once or twice and you'll get it, good luck guys and happy flying.
Old 03-31-2003, 12:46 AM
rotordoc

Default Syclic

Century should hire Syclic. He seems to be of far more help then their in house staff.

Searching his posts, he has helped a lot of us over the years.
Old 03-31-2003, 01:51 AM
helifrek

my friend is a dealer with century, he's placed orders and got completetly different stuff then what he had ordered. I don't know if anyone has had the bearing problem with the counter gear but century did not offer any help to people with the defective gear, at least not us. I was lucky enough to catch it in time, his went and the whole gear went down and about killed his engine. I do like the hawk but it seems their staff isn't the best. anyways, talk to you guys latter.

Brandon