Notices

gas predator

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 08:42 AM
rcbirk21
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gas predator

If i were to get a gas predator, what would be the best engine to put on it? Are the zenoahs light weight enough for 3d? Are there any other options other than the zenoah and the hihgly modified?
Old 10-13-2007, 02:37 PM
syclic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: gas predator

There are a number of the Predator Gassers in the 3 clubs I belong to . Most are powered by the stock G231 Zenoah (including mine) and a few by the Hanson modified Zenoah G260.

Even with the lighter powered (but smoother) G231, it is a very 3D capable bird - better then a 60 and almost like a 90 powered heli.

The Hanson 260 is a bit more powerful, but I did not find much difference between the 231 and the 260. But the 231 seemed a lot easier to tune and seemed to run smoother, so when I got mine, I went for the 231. It now has over 120 flights and is one of my favorite helis of all (been building and flying R/C helis for over 20 years).
Old 10-16-2007, 09:32 AM
DebianDog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Hanson modified G26 and it starts it runs hard, no tuning issues. I have heard lots of people complain about the G26 but I myself have had no problems.

However, most of the people that do 3D with a gasser use a G21 due to the lighter weight and its ability to put out "about" as much power. I saw a real hot setup with a balanced and tuned G21 and a racing long pipe that attached to the boom.

See pics of the pipe and "hot" motors at http://www.bhhanson.com/
Old 10-16-2007, 09:41 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Flew one of these at the fly in we had this weekend, pretty impressive. I wasnt thrashing on it since it wasnt mine but it was neat.