Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Century - Predator, Hawk IV, Falcon, Raven
Reload this Page >

When I move the stick forwards..........

Community
Search
Notices

When I move the stick forwards..........

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 05:12 PM
T Q

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When I move the stick forwards..........

If I move the stick forwards........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all, yet another newbie. I have aquired a Humming Bird V3, yes yes not the best of machines to learn on. Now when the stick is moved to the forward position the heli moves forward and to the left 315 deg. Move the stick backwards and the heli moves diagonally backwards and to the right 135 deg. Stick to the right and the heli moves forwards and to the right 45 deg. Stick to the left and the heli moves backwards and to the left 225 deg. (Hope this makes sense). The transmitter is an Elite 4.
Question is; should the heli not move in the direction of the control stick.
If so what is it that I need to adjust. This sure has me beat, and would appreciate any help to set this heli up.
Regards Tony.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:26 PM
syclic

Default RE: When I move the stick forwards..........

Yes, it should move in the direction of the stick movement.

Sounds like the swash timing is off. Check that the radius guide (the verticle forked devise that has a pin from the swashplte slide up and down between the two forks) is not skewed off to the side. It should guide the rotor blades so that they are 90 degrees to the fore/aft balls of the swashplate.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:11 PM
T Q

Hi Syclic,
Thankyou for your reply, I have checked that the pin on the swash is running in the fork ok, the fork is parallel to the main shaft.
Would this also throw out the left right stick position. Swash plate is level from both sides.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:41 AM
T Q

[size=2]Hi syclic, I'm afraid every thing is on hold for a week, hovered into the settee have broken a rotor head link. Have been told that it will be about a week. I'll repost when part arrives. Thankyou for your input. Regards Tony.
Old 12-25-2007, 02:02 AM
syclic

Insure that the forks are facing the front and have not pivoted off to the side a bit.