Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Century - Predator, Hawk IV, Falcon, Raven
Reload this Page >

Raven 50 Please help Me.........

Community
Search
Notices

Raven 50 Please help Me.........

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 11:59 PM
lowbatt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raven 50 Please help Me.........

Hallo all. I have my first Heli.. Raven 50. love it and very stable, but i found from the begining there is problem still unsolve. Please help me to find it... I use OS 50 Hyper Max, 611 Futaba Gyro, 9255 cyclic servo. the problem that i found when forward and the heli turn right or left, the engine power suddently drop. its look like no fuel or fuel stop a while in second. so the engine like stop and running again after the turning finish. this problem i dont find it when the heli is in hover. I have check all fuel line, changing new carburator, anyone can help me to find where the problems come for?

Old 12-25-2007, 02:06 AM
syclic

Default RE: Raven 50 Please help Me.........

Check that there is no mixing set in your TX that mixes a decrease in throttle when a cyclic command is given. Such type of mixing is good, but you want it to ADD throttle not subtract throttle when a cyclic command is given.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:58 AM
lowbatt

hi syclic, thx, I have checked all programs mixing... all in INH, and off.. today i fly the heli. and i found in forward (we stay on the side of heli) the engine drop for a while when the heli turning from the right site only (with nose away from me), when turning from the left side (nose away from me) the engine is running normaly.
i put receiver antenas on the right side, and at the right side, above switch on/off i put 611 gyro amplifier. and the front side is receiver and battery.

how to solve it?
Old 12-26-2007, 07:45 PM
syclic

Then something may be binding and causing your battery drain to increase dramatically, such that your RX goes into momentary throttle failsafe.

More details on the radio battery etc. being used, would help troubleshoot.

What are your swash settings (specially for aileron)?
Old 10-17-2008, 03:39 AM
truemax

I wonder if this problem has been resolved.

I strongly think this is either the mixing programming or the binding of one of the servo/linkage as described in the other earlier post.

I think Raven 50 is very robust machine, the os50 hyper too.