Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Century - Predator, Hawk IV, Falcon, Raven
Reload this Page >

Hawk washout hub assembly question

Community
Search
Notices

Hawk washout hub assembly question

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 09:39 PM
helifrek
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawk washout hub assembly question

I fly a Hawk III and on page 7 of the instructions it says to attach the washout mixing arms on with the screw holding it in from the right side if you can see what I mean, but my hawk came preassembled and this part was installed with the screw holding it in from the left side hole. I have flown with it either way and it doesn't really change much as parts service pretty much stays the same, the only problem I can see is that installed per directions the bell mixer to swash link could hit the cap screw of the washout hub, so how should it be installed? thanks for any help you can provide.

thanks
Brandon
Old 05-22-2003, 06:02 AM
syclic

Default washout links

I always install them the oposite to the diagrams in the manual. It makes no difference in operation, it is just as you say .... provides better clearance for the control rods from the swashplate to the bell mixer.
Old 05-23-2003, 12:50 PM
Falcon 46

I have a Falcon 46 (durr) and have installed the washout both ways, nothing changes in operation but I liked having greater clearance so I went that route.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:16 PM
helifrek
My Feedback: (2)

thanks for the help guys, I finally got my new muffler on (tsk/gph 46 size cnc muffler). so far I'm pretty upgraded but once I get some good money I'm going to get the all metal rotor head and swash but what I really want is the aluminum t/r blade grips, those look so sweet. anyways, I'm off to switch the washout arms around to get me more clearance. anyone know where I can get a fiberglass canopy for the hawk? thanks guys.

Brandon
Old 05-24-2003, 11:46 PM
syclic

Default Upgrades

The Hawk flies great...but why spend your money on upgrading an old Hawk III. If you want to stay in thirty size, then learn on it, then after you have the basics (hover at all attitudes - tail in, left side on, right side on, nose in - and basic forward flight aerobatics and basic 3D) then sell it to a club mate for his training. Take the money from this, add it to your "upgrade" budget and get a Raven 50 or Falcon 50.

These heli's, even with the inexpensive OS46, fly much like a big 60 but with an operating expense that is far more like that of the Hawk.

Food for thought
Old 05-27-2003, 07:46 PM
Lift
My Feedback: (1)

Or a Predator......