Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Century - Predator, Hawk IV, Falcon, Raven
Reload this Page >

Century Hawk with an OS32 how do you make it run?

Community
Search
Notices

Century Hawk with an OS32 how do you make it run?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 11:14 PM
gauicanada
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Century Hawk with an OS32 how do you make it run?

That's it!!! What do you set the needle valves to? How far open degrees wise should the throttle be? How do you prime it? Can you prime without Squirting fuel into carb? What do you look for? If it runs for a short time is it too rich or too lean what do you look for and listen for? How bloody fussy are these things? There are no leaks the fuel lines are on tight and the glow plug works.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:10 AM
rotordoc1

Default RE: Century Hawk with an OS32 how do you make it run?

To answer your subject line question. Very easily, if you know what you are doing, as the OS32 is one of the most user friendly heli engines ever made, assuming it is a new engine and not a used one that you may have purchased from someone that also did not know how to properly set up a nitro heli.

If you follow the directions in the engine's owners manual, for the initial settings of the main needle and the idle screw needle, and set the throttle servo mechanically so that it will move the throttle barrel to open in a linear manner, from idle (about 1/16 inch barrel opening) to wide be fully open at full stick and 100% TX setting, with the throttle barrel being 1/2 open at 1/2 stick and a 50% TX setting, all should work out fairly well.

Of course if your pitch curve adds pitch faster then the throttle is set to open, that may well kill the motor as you try to throttle up.

If you do not know how to set and adjust all of these items, the best way to learn is to get some help from someone who can teach you. It will be time very well spent and keep you from wasting a lot of time and save you from a lot of frustration.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:49 PM
dougly

I also have a hawk pro. It flys very well. I use a OS 37.I had some problems getting my engine started one time.I had spark,compression,and fuel. The only problem was it was not enough fuel. I ended up opening up the needle valve 6 turns. It did start and it needed adjustment from there. Hope it works. Doug
Old 02-04-2011, 10:46 AM
rotor09

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dougly

I also have a hawk pro. It flys very well. I use a OS 37.I had some problems getting my engine started one time.I had spark,compression,and fuel. The only problem was it was not enough fuel. I ended up opening up the needle valve 6 turns. It did start and it needed adjustment from there. Hope it works. Doug
If you had to open the main needle 6 turns, that means that the idle screw is in far too much.