Search
Notices

airwolf

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 05:04 AM
rachelandellie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default airwolf

hello everyone, well where do i start , a few days ago i traveled to birmingham to buy an airwolf i got of ebay for 210 pounds, the chap said he found it in a garage when he bought a house the neigbours said it was flying and theres even power in the battery and dribble of fuel in the tank , it has a futaba r149dp reciever 35mhz , jr nes507 servos and a pretty cool exhaust exiting the bottom of fuslage , gyro , batterypower indicator , retracts, ok so the reciever is a 9 channel 1024 pcm jobbie , looks like a nice reciever tbh , but im used to flying giant scale meister mustangs, warbirds and so on , i can fly heliopters and was considered pretty good natural hand , that was on a 6 channel helicopter ..a compass knight 50 and was quiet docile........ i just purchased a futaba FFS super fp-tups. an old radio , 7 channel but was told it was damn good helicopter radio even if its old or not ..so i bought it now with a crystal paired up i both i can fly it , my main question here ..is with it being 8 or 9 channel whatever is setup ..can i happily have it setup with a 7 channel radio and have pretty much everything i need to fly it comftorbly ,, im here because i know you guys will know your stuff and its the best place for information so im totaly open to guidence here , ile also upload a few piccies

Old 05-30-2011, 06:48 AM
rachelandellie

Default RE: airwolf

can i run it with 7 channels, 6 for flight 1 for undercarriadge ?

Old 05-30-2011, 07:07 AM
rachelandellie

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mj24402.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	450.9 KB
ID:	1616755   Click image for larger version

Name:	ok29132.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	492.7 KB
ID:	1616756   Click image for larger version

Name:	qv54591.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	521.9 KB
ID:	1616757   Click image for larger version

Name:	gz75254.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	442.2 KB
ID:	1616758  
Old 05-30-2011, 07:33 AM
rotor09

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rachelandellie

can i run it with 7 channels, 6 for flight 1 for undercarriadge ?

Yes, no problem

I would also check with the local police to insure it was not stolen rather then "found in the garage when he bought the house"
Old 05-30-2011, 07:55 AM
rachelandellie

ah brilliant many thanks rotor, where it came from is another story ; the chap who bought the house also found in the garage.. 3 difrent types of hirobo shuttle i think they where ,this airwolf and the most astonishing.was a vario airwolf and it was bloody enourmous hes still on ebay right this moment selling all the modeling stuff from in the garage ,the vario airwolf had a zenoah engine with a pull start on it ...welp. its probably the demise of a modeler from the uk who has passed away , there was so much stuff for sale and the seller didnt know just how much it was worth , genuin bloke though as i went to there home to see the airwolf and lots of bits there for sale , the vario airwolf sold for 650 uk pounds . shocking
Old 05-30-2011, 08:04 AM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Love these stories!

Say why is that old crappy helicopter that isn't even worth taking with you when you sell your house in Dutch great shape? No dust,cracks,missing parts?

Why is it that when people are given these un wanted helies they are full of the expensive electronics but they never have the radio or support equipment?

Hmmmm.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:06 AM
rachelandellie

ah theres awful lot on ebay right now , i bid on the century airwolf not everything else
Old 05-30-2011, 08:07 AM
rachelandellie

and also good sir in my defence!!! it was pretty dusty and the rear fins are broken !!! ive polished it lol
Old 05-30-2011, 08:12 AM
AmishWarlord

Ah, that sounds better. I can see that happening.

First story sounded like the one I got from my daughter when I found a box with 6 GPS, 10 iPhones, 3 Play Stations, and two lap tops under her bed. She said they gifts from friends.
She was 14 at the time.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:17 AM
rachelandellie

haha gotcha , i think its the 30 size version as its 46 inches long ,  going to look for a build on here somewhere and read up on peoples posts and learn how its all gone together , would be nice if theres an electric conversion kit for it as ide like to steer away from glow , i have the starmax fa18 and really like the recharge and off you go - vs  nitro make a mess , supertigre g4500 in my mustang and it drinks silly amounts of  glow fuel .   do u think its a relitivly simple process to convert glow helicopters to electric ..theres a clutch in there somwhere i think ;p
Old 05-30-2011, 08:50 AM
AmishWarlord

If you have access to a lathe yes. Having to buy parts kits will cost more than a Trex 500 clone.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:37 AM
rachelandellie

ah theres a kti available ima look into that , what a lovely helicopter anyway for a measly 210 pounds