Notices

OK how do you stop the wag?

Old 04-10-2010, 03:08 PM
gauicanada
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK how do you stop the wag?

I have a Century Hawk with a Futaba FBS148 servo on tail a Hobby King 401b Gyro (they say they are a futaba gy401 clone) and Futaba T6EXP radio. I have the gyro trim set to +75 and -75 I went to higher numbers on both (80) and it seemed to help the HH mode by I think making it shorter but the standard mode got worse. The wag is a long wag not short and fast unfortunatly my home made training pad was in need of repair and my radio was beeping low battery before I had a chance to do any more messing with it. Also will the gyro just sort of not work or work poorly when my radio battery voltage is low enough for the radio low battery alarm to go off. Other than the battery voltage what am I doing wrong? Has anyone used one of these gyros and what are your settings?
Old 04-13-2010, 05:46 PM
alfredbmor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OK how do you stop the wag?

although is a clone gyro it might work (or not) like the futaba one, I have some doubts about it but you may try and post your comments which will be important for some of us looking for a cheap good working gyro, please check the following and take note that the comments are intended for a futaba 7 channel radio, but I think that the programming of your radio should be almost the same, even though the guidance is very helpful.
http://www.raptortechnique.com/gy401-futaba7c.htm

Old 04-14-2010, 10:55 PM
rotor09

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OK how do you stop the wag?

ORIGINAL: gauicanada

......a Hobby King 401b Gyro (they say they are a futaba gy401 clone) and Futaba T6EXP radio....
The only thing I found of the HK 401B to be like the Futaba GY-401 is the size, color and that they are gyros. Their performance is nowhere near the same. For training type of flying they may seem similar, but when you start into more demanding flying you will find a big difference. Heck even the lower cost Futaba GY240 is better IMHO.

But back to your problem - first you say your battery was too low to continue...the frst component to react badly to low voltage, is the gyro.

Also, if you have any binding in your control system, the S-148 servo will be hard pressed to do its' job properly.

Is there any heli clubs in your area? If so, you will save yourself a lot of time and frustration in setting up your Hawk (a great 30 size heli) if you would get help from the knowledgable heli fliers in your area.