Notices

what motor

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 07:15 PM
John_jrp3
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what motor

in a recent mishap i thought i fried my motor ( 550 1300kv ) in my century swift 16

so i order one and it ended up being the esc, so i upgraded to the new 80 amp that will handle 25 volts so a 6s battery
but my motor will only take a 5s, well long story short i have a brand new 6s1p battery (how i burnt up esc) just sitting here now and im gonna return the spare 550 i got as its the same as my stocker. it was only 50 bucks but the next one up is around 119 bucks that will handle a 6s battery.

is their any brands or anything specific i can use that may be cheaper? 5mm shaft also if that helps

century told me to get this

http://www.centuryheli.com/products/...&currentid=548

this is what i have now

http://www.centuryheli.com/products/...&currentid=510

Old 05-18-2010, 08:25 PM
John_jrp3

Default RE: what motor

surely somebody knows of some brand of motor that will take a 6s battery that will fit my swift?

i dont know enough about the electric motors to know what size to even look for to cross reference
Old 05-18-2010, 09:57 PM
Gorgok

It says right in the title what that motor is, and with that what to look for. 600 size, 1100 kV (at least near there). Beyond that you probably would need a 5mm shaft like the one you linked.

Though admittedly, 600 size is not something everyone uses to classify their motors... Here is one i found: [link=http://www.helidirect.com/tonicx-z30a-1110kv-brushless-outrunner-motor-with-fan-p-6013.hdx]Tonic-X Z30A 1110KV Brushless Outrunner[/link].
Old 05-19-2010, 02:59 PM
rotordoc1

I have always liked the Century 600+ motors. There are a number of other similar motors I have tried and found they did not hold up, anywhere near as well, as the Century 600+. With it you will literally get hundreds of flights without needing any maintenance (e.g. replacing bearings) or having any issues like delaminations etc.

For me, having dependable, low maintenance helis, is one of my most desired features of any heli.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:20 PM
John_jrp3

Gorgok yeah that was the only one i could find also thats why i made this post hoping to spring up some results. i just didnt want to spend 150 bucks on a motor i guess.
yeah rotor i may get that one or try the tonic as its half th cost and i dotn fly alot and being im gettin into nitro now even less on teh electric now. thanks guys

heard scorpion is good and found this... http://www.heliproz.com/prodinfo.asp?number=654261
Old 05-20-2010, 12:50 AM
rotor09

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking at the weight differences and other specs, I would suspect that Scorpion is a less potent motor to the old Century 550+ with possibly lighter duty bearings (a much lesser motor then the 600+).

Also, with a 1600KV you will not be able to find a small enough pinion gear that will be able to give you a practical head speed. The lowest practical KV for a 6S pack is around 1100KV.

As for the Toxic, it has the proper KV, but again, looking at the big difference in weight, compared to the Century 600+, I would suspect it is not a very robust motor and would not last too long under heavy 6S power.

IMHO, the $120.00 Century 600+, though the most expensive, is the best buy of the three for long term use with a 6S pack.