Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Another Dirty Birdy build thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 03:13 AM
Paul_BB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Dirty Birdy build thread

Hi,

Idecided to build a Dirty Birdy. Being French and Canadian but having left Canada at the age of 15, my English may not be politically correct, so excuse my French.
I will take my time on this build so I will not update the thread too often.

I found the Dirty Birdy .tiff plan on the fantastichttp://www.trentonrcflyers.com/pattern/pattern1.htmsite.
Classic pattern planes are not yet popular in France, but I'm gonnachange this state of mind.

I can read the plan with A9CAD. First thing to do is to convert the units from US to metric. This will take me some time.
Then convert theBill of Materialto what is available in Europe.

-Paul
Old 10-05-2010, 05:58 AM
EscapeFlyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Another Dirty Birdy build thread

Paul_BB
Hi,

I decided to build a Dirty Birdy. Being French and Canadian but having left Canada at the age of 15, my English may not be politically correct, so excuse my French.
You had me at the end of that 2nd sentence. I like you already!!!!

Looking forward to the build, and I too hope you you can create many converts to classic pattern!

Brian
Old 10-05-2010, 08:55 PM
R_G
My Feedback: (1)

Excellent! [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 10-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Paul_BB

Thanks Brian and RG.

RG, I read your UFO build thread. Your building skillsare outstanding. If only I could build just half as goodas you, I would be happy.

I have finished translating the units but now I must redraw most of the plan because the material lengthes/widthes/thicknessesare not the same, dang.

I found the Profili2 program, written by an italian, very helpfull :I can print all the ribs converted to metric units.

I don't know the name of the airfoil but it looks like a NACA 0016. So NACA 0016it will be.

The landing gear will be fixed, I want to keep the weightdown and want theplane tobe an all arounder. I'm more of the sunday flyer type.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Gene Margiotti
My Feedback: (4)

Fantastic!!

Bonne chance.

Gene
Old 10-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Jim_Purcha
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The nice thing about the Profili, is that you can manipulate the airfoil (camfer thickness) to try to much the drawing if the NACA0016 is not close enough.

Jim
ORIGINAL: Paul_BB

Thanks Brian and RG.

RG, I read your UFO build thread. Your building skillsare outstanding. If only I could build just half as goodas you, I would be happy.

I have finished translating the units but now I must redraw most of the plan because the material lengthes/widthes/thicknessesare not the same, dang.

I found the Profili2 program, written by an italian, very helpfull :I can print all the ribs converted to metric units.

I don't know the name of the airfoil but it looks like a NACA 0016. So NACA 0016it will be.

The landing gear will be fixed, I want to keep the weightdown and want theplane tobe an all arounder. I'm more of the sunday flyer type.