Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > Classic RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Making Molds of Classic Pattern Plane Fuselages & Parts to Keep them Alive for all of us to Enjoy!

Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Making Molds of Classic Pattern Plane Fuselages & Parts to Keep them Alive for all of us to Enjoy!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 08:04 PM
mmattockx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frequent flyer
I don't have a Pulsar to make a mold from. Does anyone have one they can send in?
I see that the Pulsar bipe kit was in a post from TonyF, I mistakenly thought it was from you. Hopefully you can find a fuse and plans, a Pulsar kit would be fantastic. Maybe TonyF will see this and donate his to the cause...

Mark
Old 10-21-2014, 08:18 PM
frequent flyer
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You know they only need to loan it to me so I can make the molds and then I return them no harm done to the originals. As it is now however, I have a few here to do already and don't have time for a couple months.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:52 AM
mmattockx

I am not in a hurry, I would just like to know it is in the line somewhere. Hopefully you will find a fuse and plans in the next while.

Mark
Old 10-22-2014, 07:57 AM
TonyF
My Feedback: (92)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sold mine.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:12 AM
Ron Stahl
My Feedback: (12)

Originally Posted by mmattockx
I see that the Pulsar bipe kit was in a post from TonyF, I mistakenly thought it was from you. Hopefully you can find a fuse and plans, a Pulsar kit would be fantastic. Maybe TonyF will see this and donate his to the cause...

Mark
Tony sold his. I know where a virgin fuse is; maybe I can put him together with FF.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:28 AM
mmattockx

Originally Posted by Ron Stahl
Tony sold his. I know where a virgin fuse is; maybe I can put him together with FF.
Sweet, I will keep my fingers crossed.

Mark
Old 10-22-2014, 01:11 PM
burtona
My Feedback: (50)

I don't have a Pulsar to make a mold from. Does anyone have one they can send in?
I have one. I'll send you a PM.
Dave
Old 10-22-2014, 05:12 PM
henschel
My Feedback: (47)

Let me ask you something. I am getting ready to make molds for my scratch built 1/8 Mig-21. Do you use epoxy resin and I notice your molds are red. Do you add red pigment to your resin?
Old 10-22-2014, 05:59 PM
frequent flyer

Originally Posted by henschel
Let me ask you something. I am getting ready to make molds for my scratch built 1/8 Mig-21. Do you use epoxy resin and I notice your molds are red. Do you add red pigment to your resin?
No it is not epoxy resin, it is a Special high impact Tooling Resin that is a polyester resin base with other additives.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:53 PM
frequent flyer

New product!
We now stock a full line of Carbon Fiber wing tubes and Sleeves in a wide assortment of sizes.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:24 PM
mmattockx

Does anybody have any pictures of the Exception? I always liked the Deception and might have to get an Exception if it kept the same looks.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 10-28-2014, 08:41 PM
frequent flyer

Default Exception Pictures

I make the Exception kit the cores are the same on the Deception and the Exception, but the canopy on the exception has a different shape that the Deception. If you don't like the canopy on the Exception I also made a fiberglass Deception canopy you can buy and change it on the exception fuse or I can do it for you. The Exception canopy design was made for a rear exhaust engine with the pipe running through it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Exception.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	2042984  

Last edited by frequent flyer; 10-29-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:23 AM
mmattockx

I make the Exception kit the cores are the same but the canopy on the exception has a different shape that the exception. If you don't like the canopy on the Exception I also made a fiberglass Deception canopy you can buy and change it on the exception fuse or I can do it for you.
It was seeing the Exception in your price list that made me ask. I can see from the picture that I prefer the original Deception canopy lines. When I am ready to order I will get in touch about changing the canopy when you do the fuse.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 10-29-2014, 10:08 AM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Mark,

just replied to your PM.

FYI, I had the honour of having what I believe is Don's second Exception kit and am very excited to get it built soon. Like always though, there are builds in the queue. I wanted to point out that the Exception was designed to use a RE engine reason for which it has the type of canopy it does. The more classic Deception canopy can be made to work with a RE engine as well but IMO is not as ideally suited. I would use a SE engine with the original Deception canopy as Jim did himself. In a sense, the new Exception canopy look blends an Escape type "pipe under the hood" canopy with the Deception design and results in a model that looks more akin to the Bootlegger albeit in a slightly larger "squarer" planform model. The Deception was rather large and unusual for its time in terms of planform, moments, airfoils and so forth.

Just my nickel's worth.

David
Old 10-29-2014, 11:11 AM
mmattockx

Originally Posted by doxilia
I wanted to point out that the Exception was designed to use a RE engine reason for which it has the type of canopy it does. The more classic Deception canopy can be made to work with a RE engine as well but IMO is not as ideally suited. I would use a SE engine with the original Deception canopy as Jim did himself. In a sense, the new Exception canopy look blends an Escape type "pipe under the hood" canopy with the Deception design and results in a model that looks more akin to the Bootlegger albeit in a slightly larger "squarer" planform model. The Deception was rather large and unusual for its time in terms of planform, moments, airfoils and so forth.

Just my nickel's worth.

David
David,

I am fine with using a SE engine for this if that keeps the original Deception lines. Thanks for the clarification on why the Exception canopy lines changed.

Mark
Old 11-02-2014, 03:11 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check your PM's FF, my address is there.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:51 PM
wingwalk

Don,

Just a heads up to let you know (2) of the (3) planes were shipped to you on Monday. The 3rd one had to be repacked as the box was way to big and made the cost to ship triple in price.
It will be shipped this week and i'm sure you will be pleased with all the kits as rare as they are. I am very excited that a rebirth of these planes will be taking place in the near future...

Hope all goes well with your operation this week too. You should have plenty to keep you busy while you recoup.

Kirk
Old 11-05-2014, 03:30 PM
flywilly
My Feedback: (121)

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Hey Kirk,
I hope one of those kits was a Summit I (the original), I've always loved the lines of that plane and Ivan flew it really well (he won the '85 hats with it).
THANKS for sharing!
Will
Old 11-05-2014, 06:15 PM
wingwalk

Sorry Will no Summit I in this shipment, but I do have a complete kit of that one if he wants to do a mold. I think you will like what I sent him though.

Kirk
Old 11-05-2014, 06:34 PM
stuntflyr

Hey Robert, what's up in Pitts land?

Chris...

Originally Posted by acerc
Check your PM's FF, my address is there.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:51 PM
frequent flyer

Default Pulsar Biplane

Mark

The Pulsar has been sent to me and will be made available in the near future.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:53 PM
frequent flyer

Willy

I have the Summit III and Kirk is sending me the Summit II if some one has a Summit I then I will make it if they send it in to me.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:54 PM
frequent flyer

Default Mk beetle

I've got the MK BEETLE in the shop now and it will be available soon. It will be a fiberglass fuse clear canopy and have a adjustable stab! I think it will be a great one.

Last edited by frequent flyer; 11-05-2014 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:59 PM
frequent flyer

Default Super scepter

I've got the SUPER SCEPTER in the shop and it will be available soon!
Old 11-05-2014, 10:31 PM
Dave Harmon

I've got the SUPER SCEPTER in the shop and it will be available soon!
Don.....were you able to get an original SS wing, stab and rudder for the airfoils or are you going to use the Deception wing, stab and rudder?
See PM for another alternative.

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.