Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > Classic RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Making Molds of Classic Pattern Plane Fuselages & Parts to Keep them Alive for all of us to Enjoy!

Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Making Molds of Classic Pattern Plane Fuselages & Parts to Keep them Alive for all of us to Enjoy!

Old 07-09-2015, 03:28 PM
DRCRAIG
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am still looking for a Zeus fuselage if they ever become available again.
Thanks.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:41 PM
flywilly
My Feedback: (121)

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Wasn't the Zeus a John Nosler design? Kitted by Henri Piorun? I have heard a lot of rumors over the years about Henri's plugs being for sale, But never seen any of his kits being sold. I think Henri still lives in the Vancouver area, maybe you could track him down. Good Luck!
Old 07-10-2015, 05:19 PM
Pattern One
My Feedback: (73)

DRCRAIG & flywilly,

I started talking to Henry about a year ago regarding the purchase of his molds. I'm happy to report that the deal is done. The Zeus mold is included in the purchase.

Leo
ballisticaircraftcompany
klasskotemo
Old 07-11-2015, 04:57 AM
DRCRAIG
My Feedback: (31)

Leo,
If you have the mold for the first version of the Hartman Zeus, for the Taurus wing with no vertical stab, please put me at the top of the list for one. I have wanted one to build a Bonnetti P-39 since I was a kid. When you need a deposit PM me here or email at [email protected].
Thanks and have a good weekend.
Craig
Old 07-11-2015, 05:40 AM
flywilly

Leo, Congratulations! You have acquired a treasure trove of pattern designs.
DRCRAIG, two entirely different Zeus designs. The one you are interested in acquiring dates back to the '60s. The Zeus that Leo has was designed in the late '90s (for 120 or larger 2/4 stroke engines).
Old 07-11-2015, 05:40 AM
Pattern One

Craig,

I'm told by Henry that the Zeus mold is the John Nosler version. Will talk to you via PM.

Leo
ballisticaircraftcompany
klasskotemo

Last edited by Pattern One; 07-11-2015 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Edit
Old 07-11-2015, 05:47 AM
Pattern One

Flywilly,

There are eight different designs in the deal that include the molds, plans, templates, etc. I should have everything in a couple of weeks.

Leo
ballisticaircraftcompany
klasskotemo
Old 07-11-2015, 08:41 AM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:20 PM
stuntflyr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DRCRAIG
Leo,
If you have the mold for the first version of the Hartman Zeus, for the Taurus wing with no vertical stab, please put me at the top of the list for one. I have wanted one to build a Bonnetti P-39 since I was a kid. When you need a deposit PM me here or email at [email protected].
Thanks and have a good weekend.
Craig
That was a super cool design, I was a little boy in second grade when that came out and I loved that MAN cover, the model and everything about it. I was confused about the model being foam and glass while the plans were of a wood model, but then again I was 8 years old!
Chris...
Old 07-15-2015, 11:49 AM
thermaler
My Feedback: (46)

I would be interested in the Cumulus Zeus if that is in the deal.

Joe
Old 07-15-2015, 11:56 AM
RC YEAGER

Boy! when it comes to pattern plane designs, I thought I already knew them all; and then all this talk about the Zeus comes about. What the heck is a Zeus? Anybody has a photo?
Old 07-20-2015, 11:33 AM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RC YEAGER
Boy! when it comes to pattern plane designs, I thought I already knew them all; and then all this talk about the Zeus comes about. What the heck is a Zeus? Anybody has a photo?

Hi,
I believe it is this plane that Toni Bonetti was on front cover with in Model Airplane News Feb 1966 that is based on the Zeus fuselage (don't say what Mk nr). It is mentioned on page 2 in the article about the Zeus fuselage.

http://www.jitterbuzz.com/MAN_1966_02.HTML

"After building serveral balsa fuselages, I was tired of all carving, sanding, silking and doping, and started looking for a way out.
Bev Smith, the Hobbypoxy man, showed me a Zeus fiberglass fuselage made and sold by Dwight Hartman.
In addition to saving a lot of time and labor, its lightweight, clean lines, fine workmanship, and reasonable price where exactly what I wanted.
Originally developed for the Taurus, the "Zeus" fuselage provides zero-zero incidence settings, it has a long tail moment, and to counteract the inherent tail heaviness of fiberglass fuselage,it has a lengthened nose."

There is a photo of the Zeus Mk III here (Mk I maybe someone has a photo of?):
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1525822

Some info here also:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gold...eus-plans.html

/Bo

Last edited by bem; 07-20-2015 at 12:07 PM.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:14 PM
RC YEAGER

Originally Posted by bem
Hi,
I believe it is this plane that Toni Bonetti was on front cover with in Model Airplane News Feb 1966 that is based on the Zeus fuselage (don't say what Mk nr). It is mentioned on page 2 in the article about the Zeus fuselage.

http://www.jitterbuzz.com/MAN_1966_02.HTML

"After building serveral balsa fuselages, I was tired of all carving, sanding, silking and doping, and started looking for a way out.
Bev Smith, the Hobbypoxy man, showed me a Zeus fiberglass fuselage made and sold by Dwight Hartman.
In addition to saving a lot of time and labor, its lightweight, clean lines, fine workmanship, and reasonable price where exactly what I wanted.
Originally developed for the Taurus, the "Zeus" fuselage provides zero-zero incidence settings, it has a long tail moment, and to counteract the inherent tail heaviness of fiberglass fuselage,it has a lengthened nose."

There is a photo of the Zeus Mk III here (Mk I maybe someone has a photo of?):
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1525822

Some info here also:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gold...eus-plans.html

/Bo
Okay... Thanks for the info.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:23 AM
computermonkey
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Saw the Patricia on Leo's website this morning http://www.klasskotemo.com/patternplane.html
Also saw a note about he acquired the molds for Henry Piorun Models. I believe Meridian is part of these.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:48 AM
RC YEAGER

Originally Posted by frequent flyer
All are original unbuilt kits that were glass fuses. I'm out of state on business this week. The curare is next because of all the paid orders, The Summit's will depend on the number of paid orders. But other than that I will just do them 123.
Hi there Don. Is everything okay? Are you still doing the pattern kits? I have a friend interested in the Patricia. I myself would like to purchase a few (a soon as I decide; I LIKE THEM ALL). Your last post was in February 27th.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:31 PM
frequent flyer
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi there Don. Is everything okay? Are you still doing the pattern kits? I have a friend interested in the Patricia. I myself would like to purchase a few (a soon as I decide; I LIKE THEM ALL). Your last post was in February 27th.

Yes I am still producing kits and now we are having all the wood parts laser cut.. I have about 20 new kits to come out very soon also.
I have been moving for the last 6 months all my businesses to Colorado and Just sold my home in So Cal last month and Bought a new Home in Colorado also. I now live in Colorado as of 3 days ago and I am still unpacking. I still have a few more truck loads of stuff to ship from CA to Colorado in the next month or two to complete my move. I have still been taking orders from those that insisted on ordering despite the delay in shipping. I thank those few dozen folks very much for the locality and their patience. It all helps!
The move has been a huge undertaking and quite expensive. Our new facility will be six times as large as CA and we are expanding our product line to many laser cut Giant Scale and 2 Meter kits. Classic Pattern category has around 11 new kits to be added to the 40 we already have available after the first of the year.

Last edited by frequent flyer; 11-04-2015 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:19 PM
RC YEAGER

Great, good to know... I dont know how you do it... Okay so... Are you up to date in your e-mails? Cause my friend says he emailed you about 2 to 3 weeks ago and got no answer... Or would it be better for you to have him reach you through this thread?
Old 11-04-2015, 06:08 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good to hear Don. Definitely want to get the Cosmos pan/canopy back to you for copying. Let me know when all things are settled.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:11 AM
frequent flyer

Great, good to know... I dont know how you do it... Okay so... Are you up to date in your e-mails? Cause my friend says he emailed you about 2 to 3 weeks ago and got no answer... Or would it be better for you to have him reach you through this thread?
Yes I answer emails twice a day or more. I'v had dozens of orders that paid in the last two months to get in line even though I told them I was moving and it will be November before I can start up again on filling orders. I may have somehow missed his email possibly? Send it again to [email protected] please and I'll look for it> who was it?
Old 11-05-2015, 12:26 PM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

it will be November before I can start up again on filling orders.
Don,

glad to hear the move is going well!

I thought you might like to know that November is already here... It's the 5th today...

David

Last edited by doxilia; 11-05-2015 at 05:38 PM.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:41 PM
flywilly

Not in Colorado, man... puff, puff
Old 11-06-2015, 03:44 PM
RC YEAGER

Don... His name is Moises Sanchez. If Im not mistaken his email is [email protected] I will tell him to email you again.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:27 PM
frequent flyer

Don... His name is Moises Sanchez. If Im not mistaken his email is [email protected] I will tell him to email you again.
ok good I checked all my emails and don't see anything from him.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:18 AM
RC YEAGER

ok good I checked all my emails and don't see anything from him.
Don... Sorry its been a few months. My friend had a few compliiications. Now he's ready to make a purchase and I'm ready too. I will send you a PM describing what we want and such
Old 03-01-2016, 02:05 PM
frequent flyer

I read your message and sent you a list but it failed at the email address you listed.

Please just email me at [email protected] and I'll answer you that way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.