Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

3D Dirty Birdy?

Old 02-24-2011, 04:53 PM
dbacque
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 3D Dirty Birdy?

He's only got a couple of flights on it in 20-25 mph winds with a brand new engine running very rich. But he said it flew well. He's waiting for better weather and a little more break in to see what it really does.

Dave
Old 02-24-2011, 07:27 PM
coronabob
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3D Dirty Birdy?

Youse guys are no fun. It flew very well for a maiden. Engine was spinning barely good enough to get off the ground the first flight. On the second flight, I leaned it enough to get a decent flight until I ran out of gas.

Before being its 3D self, it had near zero coupling in knife edge. It had some this time but I would attribute that to a very nose heavy condition. I lengthened the nose and did not want to add tail weight just yet. I will be adding some tomorrow night to get it ready for Saturday or Sunday.