Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > Classic RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Interest in carbon copies of Rev-Up 11x7.75 props

Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Interest in carbon copies of Rev-Up 11x7.75 props

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 06:20 PM
stuntflyr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Interest in carbon copies of Rev-Up 11x7.75 props

There are a couple of cottage shops that might be interested in making CF clones of out favorite props. I thought the Rev-Up 11x7 3/4 would be a good one to copy. Because I only have one!
How many people would be interested?
Chris...
Old 06-01-2011, 06:32 PM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Interest in carbon copies of Rev-Up 11x7.75 props

Chris,

Sure, might be interesting. A slightly wider gamut of props might be needed though. Any idea on what pricing might be like?

David.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:21 PM
stuntflyr

One guy makes a bunch of Rev-Up clones for the C/L Stunt guys. Raw they're 22 bucks, finished and balanced they're 32 bucks.
Chris...
Old 06-01-2011, 07:34 PM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Chris,

how the heck does one balance a CF prop!? Can one actually sand them or are they dynamically balanced at the hub?

David.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:41 PM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: stuntflyr

There are a couple of cottage shops that might be interested in making CF clones of out favorite props. I thought the Rev-Up 11x7 3/4 would be a good one to copy. Because I only have one!
Chris...
Just curious....why would one go through all the trouble since a perfectly fine alternative is cheap and available? APC 11x8; less noise and more thrust from the same power source

If it's Academic curiosity.... I totally get that.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:10 PM
TonyF
My Feedback: (92)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never used the Rev-Up 11x7.75. I used the 11x7.5. If you actually pitch gauged a Rev-Up it was always underpitched. BTW, I have a bag of 11x7.5's if you want to copy one of those. In fact I should try one just to see how it compares to an APC 11x7.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:33 PM
stuntflyr

ORIGINAL: doxilia

Chris,

how the heck does one balance a CF prop!? Can one actually sand them or are they dynamically balanced at the hub?

David.

I just sand them like any other material. It's just like a glass prop. The difference is that if you are trying to shorten one, a saw must be used.
Chris...

Old 06-01-2011, 08:42 PM
stuntflyr

ORIGINAL: TonyF

I never used the Rev-Up 11x7.75. I used the 11x7.5. If you actually pitch gauged a Rev-Up it was always underpitched. BTW, I have a bag of 11x7.5's if you want to copy one of those. In fact I should try one just to see how it compares to an APC 11x7.

I'll keep that prop in mind, Tony. I'd like to try one if you have one to spare, too.
Chris...

Old 06-01-2011, 09:06 PM
stuntflyr

ORIGINAL: MTK

ORIGINAL: stuntflyr

Chris...
Just curious....why would one go through all the trouble since a perfectly fine alternative is cheap and available? APC 11x8; less noise and more thrust from the same power source

If it's Academic curiosity.... I totally get that.

Some guys that used those props in the 70's and 80's and still use them today, feel they're pretty good. I don't know if they are better still than modern props or not. I've just started to gather a prop collection for high rpm 60's/61's and simply am wondering about the matter.
Which engine are you using the 11x8 APC? I noticed, like Tony said, the Rev-Up's were shallower in pitch than advertised. APC's seem to be right on so your engine must be a monster.
Chris...