Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Hitec digital servo noise

Old 06-26-2011, 08:50 AM
Kaos

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hitec digital servo noise

I just installed a brand new set of Hitec digital servos (HS-6635HB) in my Killer Chaos to compliment my new Aurora 9 radio system. These are my first-ever digital servos. Everything seems to work fine, but I am concerned about the squeeling noise from each servo. The noise is not real loud, but there just same. By carefully moving the control sticks around center, I can get the noises to stop, but the noise returns the moment any new control inputs are made and then the control sticks released to center. The linkages move freely with no binding or drag. Is it normal for digital servos to squeel?

Thanks,

-kaos
Old 06-26-2011, 09:00 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 175 Likes on 150 Posts
Default RE: Hitec digital servo noise

I have found that there are 3 things that can cause the digital servos to humm or squeel. The first is running a high voltage. If you are running 6V battery and a fresh charge you are actually pumping 7+ volts into them. The second is binding controls. I read that you said they move freely but check them again. One guys free is anothers bind if you know what I mean. The third and found mostly on the giant scale stuff where the servo/servos have to support the weight of a 200 sq in aileron.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:21 AM
EscapeFlyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec digital servo noise

Digital servos are naturally noisy. There is nothing to worry about.

Also, there is not 7 volts going to each servo as there is a voltage regulator built into the receiver. You will be just fine. Enjoy your airplane!

Brian