Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

MACH-1 Built up Wing and Stab

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Patrick F
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MACH-1 Built up Wing and Stab

Hey Guys, here are photos of the MACH-1 Built up Wing and Stab i am offering this in a Wing and Stab short kit since the original had foam wings and stab i will also be offering a full short kit with the Fuse, Wing, Stab Fin and Rudder. I already done the fuse, so i need to proof the Wing.

Pat
Lasercut USA
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37893.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	1667469   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez81356.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1667470   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl21368.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	1667471  
Old 09-28-2011, 02:00 PM
jfuller
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: MACH-1 Built up Wing and Stab

Hello,

Will the short kit include drawings as well? When will it be ready?

Thanks,

Jamesf
Old 09-29-2011, 02:04 AM
Patrick F

Hi James, YES the construction drawing of the wing and stab will be in the kit,you still will need to get the original drawing from MAN for the fuse and layout.As far as when it will be avalible check with either my website or the postings here for that info, as this will be the case with the other kits i am working on, since there are many fiberglass fuselage out there i want to be able to offer WOOD WINGS and STABS for those, i am also working on the CURARE and EU-1 the ATLAS is done the intro price will be on the web OCT.1

Thanks for your interest

Pat
Lasercut USA
Old 09-30-2011, 07:22 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

subscribing to thread looking to see what comes out
Old 10-26-2012, 03:31 PM
Patrick F

Ok, Finally got some time to start the wing,here are some photos hopefully can get this done in a reasonable amount of time.

Pat
Lasercut USA
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25127.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	1815064   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96369.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	1815065   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg92731.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1815066  
Old 08-25-2014, 02:50 AM
Free Bird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PAt,

What ever became of this project?

FB
Old 08-25-2014, 08:23 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can find them here:

http://www.lasercutusa.com/index.html

Frank
Old 08-26-2014, 12:57 PM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Patrick F
Hi James, YES the construction drawing of the wing and stab will be in the kit,you still will need to get the original drawing from MAN for the fuse and layout.As far as when it will be avalible check with either my website or the postings here for that info, as this will be the case with the other kits i am working on, since there are many fiberglass fuselage out there i want to be able to offer WOOD WINGS and STABS for those, i am also working on the CURARE and EU-1 the ATLAS is done the intro price will be on the web OCT.1

Thanks for your interest

Pat
Lasercut USA
Pat, will you be offering wood kits or will these be available built up already? If the latter, please disregard the following. If the former, please consider......

A suggestion....Would you also offer Laser Cut crutches for the built up structure? Preferably from 1/4" firm balsa. The ideal would be to have a set of foam husks to use to build on, but in a pinch, the next best thing for accuracy is a set of crutches under the ribs. One marks the sheeting for the ribs and locates the sheeting on the crutches. The ribs just fall in place to a very precise and accurate outcome.

I have just completed the stab on one of my designs using the Bob Hunt's Lost Foam technique. I found the technique to be simple to follow. The result was an extremely accurate built up stab. For those that don't know the method, it uses a built up structure (no foam in the finished product). The foam is there as the building aide for getting accurate rib outlines and ribs spacing. The crutches would serve a similar purpose.

As those that have built both foam stuff and balsa stuff, the properly set-up balsa (many lightening holes) builds into a much lighter structure. My completed, fully painted stab weighs about 4 1/2 ounces (about 240 square inches) where the original foam cored stab weighed about 7 ounces.