Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Rules History, EU1-A Pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 01:17 PM
BullardRM
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rules History, EU1-A Pics

ORIGINAL: Twinhydro

WANTED : EU -1A in decent condition !![img][/img]

Buy a new kit.

http://www.carolinacustomaircraft.com/Home_Page.html
Old 01-11-2012, 03:58 PM
EU1a
My Feedback: (1)

WANTED : EU -1A in decent condition !!
If you want to build. EU-1A in New Condition. Ithink they're still selling kits. carolinacustomaircraft.com/
Old 01-11-2012, 07:43 PM
frequent flyer
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have them also.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:57 AM
BullardRM
My Feedback: (39)

ORIGINAL: frequent flyer

I have them also.
I just purchased a Tipo kit from frequent flyer. Excellant quality and communications. You won't be disappointed purchasing from him.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:34 AM
picard1
My Feedback: (2)

Hey guys,
BUYER BEWARE, forget carolinacustomaircraft.com I have had one on order since Oct 2010. First fuselage showed up damaged during shipment-One year later still no replacement fuse. Every time I send an email Dan is quick to respond. First his shop was to cold, then there was an accident, next he is able to work a couple of hours a day and my replacement fuse was first on the list(sept 2011) Still nothing. So I would spend your hard earned money with frequent flyer at [email protected]. I am sure Dan from Carolina custom aircraft is a nice person, but his business practices, well enough said.

Mike
Old 01-12-2012, 07:10 PM
FLAPSDOWN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto Mike. I purchased Blue Angel plans, cores and a conopy and it took 6 months to replace a damaged canopy. Dan always had an excuse. "It's shipping tomorrow" and 2 weeks later, no canopy. I always asked for simply a commitment he could honor but held off on construction wondering if I would ever get a canopy. The one that finally showed up was very poor quality.

I gave up and built a scale plane.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:12 PM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

Mike,
Thanks for the update. I'm sure you tried to work with them with alot of patience. While I never placed an order I too got tired of the continued excuses as to why it wasn't ready.

Dave Rigotti
Old 01-13-2012, 07:31 AM
picard1

Sent an email to Dan yesterday about canceling my order from 1-1/2 years ago, and geuss what? amazingly, the Fuselage is finished and will ship out any day via fedx. WE WILL SEE!!! I asked for the tracking number this time. I will keep you guys posted...

Mike
Old 01-13-2012, 09:18 AM
rcguy!

Hope for the best.... I think you're screwd though. Does Dan have a heated shop now?

BTW.... I'd ask for a picture of the fuse next to todays newspaper just to be sure he isn't fibbing about it?

Dave Rigotti
Old 01-13-2012, 11:11 AM
EU1a
My Feedback: (1)

I hope things work out. It would be a shame to see these beautiful airplanes disappear because the molds weren't used and lost. Are these the original molds or was it pulled off an existing fuselage.

ORIGINAL: picard1

Sent an email to Dan yesterday about canceling my order from 1-1/2 years ago, and geuss what? amazingly, the Fuselage is finished and will ship out any day via fedx. WE WILL SEE!!! I asked for the tracking number this time. I will keep you guys posted...

Mike
Old 01-13-2012, 11:20 AM
picard1

I am sure Dan told me about the molds, but that was just too long ago... I can tell you that even though my first fuselage showed up with the tail section damaged, from the wing forward the quality of the fuselage looked really nice.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:06 PM
stuntflyr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RCAiir is Don Carlson's company, he's known here as Frequent Flyer. He has made new molds and sold and delivered actual EU-1A short kits.
I don't know know why guys keep messing around with unreliable kit makers when Don has made molds and sold completed short kits of over a dozen Classics over the last 18 months.
I have his Atlanta 60, the one that guys have been jawing about on here since I started flying R/C. My Atlanta 60, with all pans, diverters and foam wing and tail cores are in my shop.  One has to build a lot more of it than the original highly prefabbed kit, but I got all of the bulkhead templates, instruction sheet etc. Totally buildable.
Same with my UFO. I had an original fuse, he made it into a plug, he made new molds, I got a new fuselage and foam cores, and another kit for my brother, too. RCAiir's stuff is not vaporware, it's glass and foam to your door, USA and worldwide. No kiddin'.

Chris...
Old 01-14-2012, 05:36 AM
rcguy!

Amen!

Dave Rigotti

ORIGINAL: stuntflyr

RCAiir is Don Carlson's company, he's known here as Frequent Flyer. He has made new molds and sold and delivered actual EU-1A short kits.
I don't know know why guys keep messing around with unreliable kit makers when Don has made molds and sold completed short kits of over a dozen Classics over the last 18 months.
I have his Atlanta 60, the one that guys have been jawing about on here since I started flying R/C. My Atlanta 60, with all pans, diverters and foam wing and tail cores are in my shop. One has to build a lot more of it than the original highly prefabbed kit, but I got all of the bulkhead templates, instruction sheet etc. Totally buildable.
Same with my UFO. I had an original fuse, he made it into a plug, he made new molds, I got a new fuselage and foam cores, and another kit for my brother, too. RCAiir's stuff is not vaporware, it's glass and foam to your door, USA and worldwide. No kiddin'.

Chris...
Old 01-14-2012, 06:41 AM
Twinhydro

When you say "Short Kit " what is meant ? Is the wing included , Stab etc . Thanks .
Old 01-14-2012, 08:25 AM
pitstop000
My Feedback: (26)

"What you should expect when getting a Short Kit as it pertains to a fiberglass kit."

What do you get? Any fiberglass parts needed to build the plane.

The Fuse.
Depending on design the belly pan and pipe divider.
Foam cores for the wing and stab.
Plans/Drawings

That is usually the minimum as what to expect without asking for info from the company.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:48 AM
frequent flyer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When you say ''Short Kit '' what is meant ? Is the wing included , Stab etc . Thanks .
As Paul stated above, It has the fiberglass fuselage and the parts that complete it such as the wing pan pipe partition, chin cowl, belly pan or what ever the original had with it. the short kits also include the CNC cut foam wing and stab cores.

I include a plan with each kit also, it may be the plan from the original that may of been of a fiberglass or a wood kit. And on a few of the kits there never was a full size plan, so I have created one for that kit, such as the EU1-A.

I do that so you can have the full size plan to work off of when you mount the retracts, cut the ailerons,cut the elevators, rudder, wing tips, wing mounting bolts, etc. They also show you reinforcing caps, leading and trailing edge materials, sheeting. I have made templates of parts and drawn them on sheet or the plan to make sure you can cut bulkheads etc. needed to complete the kit.

I have also made copies of construction notes if I have them from the original kit or I have written them for some of the other kits that did not have any.

It is all you need except the balsa sheeting and a few balsa sticks used to cap the edges when you sheet the wing and stab, blocks of balsa for the wing tips, and a ply bulkhead for the motor mount to fasten to.

Don

Old 01-14-2012, 12:38 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have ordered from both. My Blue Angel short kit took a couple of months to arrive, another kit was canceled after a year and a 1/2 of waiting. I have ordered 3 'kits' from Don (Frequent Flyer), all have arrived within a week. There is no question where my next kit will be ordered from.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:41 PM
dhal22

Mike

I canceled my order as well after a year and a 1/2 of waiting and guess what? I should expect mine any day. Not falling for that I went elsewhere.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:51 PM
flywilly
My Feedback: (121)

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Just to be fair to Dan, he has suffered all the alleged disasters. He is a very nice guy and I have bought two kits from him. The glass work is excellent. I have to admit that I drove down to his shop to pick up my kits which eliminates shipping and certainly puts some pressure on him. Based on the many photos I've seen of Don's work it is also excellent and he seems to have a very spacious workshop. Dan loves the hobby and has a large collection of very neat 'stuff' in a bit more cramped (and unheated when I was there) shop.

The bottom line is always delivery (assuming equivalent quality) and it seems Don wins hands down. Don is producing some kits not available from Dan; which gives me a great excuse to add another kit to my collection!

One final observation: nobody is going to get rich selling classic pattern kits; so we need to support the few that do

-Will
Old 01-14-2012, 06:38 PM
dhal22

All good points Will.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:57 PM
picard1

Thought I would post an update. Dan has sent me FEDX tracking info. Package should arrive 01/23/12....

Mike
Old 01-23-2012, 06:00 PM
rcguy!

Thought I would post an update. Dan has sent me FEDX tracking info. Package should arrive 01/23/12....

Mike
How's it look? Pics? Weight?

Dave
Old 01-23-2012, 06:20 PM
dhal22

ORIGINAL: rcguy!

Mike
How's it look? Pics? Weight?

Dave

Dave, I knew a week ago you would be good for this question. : )
Old 01-23-2012, 06:33 PM
picard1

I received my kit today from Dan!!!
First, let me say the fiberglass fuselage is amazing. As with most fiberglass fuselages the seams need some attention. The top side is near perfect and the bottom seam needs a little work-no biggie. Dan had built a wood frame surrounding the fuse, and had wrapped the fuse in bubble wrap.Then, placed foam blocks in strategic locations to protect the fuse while it made its journy to the west coast

I am heading out the door to a meeting, will try to post some picks tomorrow night....
Old 01-30-2012, 12:26 AM
rcguy!

I received my kit today from Dan!!!
First, let me say the fiberglass fuselage is amazing. As with most fiberglass fuselages the seams need some attention. The top side is near perfect and the bottom seam needs a little work-no biggie. Dan had built a wood frame surrounding the fuse, and had wrapped the fuse in bubble wrap.Then, placed foam blocks in strategic locations to protect the fuse while it made its journy to the west coast

I am heading out the door to a meeting, will try to post some picks tomorrow night....
Mike,
I know after over a years wait your patience must be golden..But......Have you had a chance to weight it and take some pics?
Thanks
Dave Rigotti

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.