Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > Classic RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

2012 So. Ca. Classic Pattern Get-Together

Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

2012 So. Ca. Classic Pattern Get-Together

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 07:30 AM
KLXMASTER14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2012 So. Ca. Classic Pattern Get-Together

Weather forecast for Saturday:

Sunny, 65 degrees, wind WSW @ 8mph. Bring some sleeves for the morning.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:29 AM
PatternPilot
My Feedback: (58)

Good luck with your event this weekend!

Old 05-17-2012, 01:06 PM
KLXMASTER14

Thanks Scott! A full report will be coming.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:47 PM
80sPattern

The OC Boyz are coming five strong!!

I will be bringing both my Classics.

I encourage anybody who is interested to come on out. We are going to have a great time.

Doug
Old 05-18-2012, 09:10 PM
stuntflyr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How did the practice day go in Camarillo?
Chris...
Old 05-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Roguedog

Went to the 2012 SoCal Classic Pattern Get Together yesterday and I all can say is WOW! I got there late in the afternoon and was warmly welcome by everyone. Great bunch of people!

The photographer was just finishing up when I walked up and looked exhausted. So I bet there will be some great pictures and videos. Can't wait to see what I missed in the morning.

I arrived just in time the watch the competition portion of the event. As I walked into the pit area I believe Kevin was flying his Phoenix 8 in knife-edge, full bore, what looked like 5ft off the runway. Wow! What an awsome sight. I asked him later if it's scary flying that low. My feet would've been jumpin of the flight line in an adrenaline rush just having a plane that low to the ground in level flight. That was sooooo cool!

Dougs Conquest is finshed like a custom hot rod. Every section of the plane I saw was immaculate. Kevin did an excellant job on the paint. The servo tray looked like a stamped piece of metal. Very nice. Kevins P-8 was also a show stopper IMO.

Don, aka frenquent flyer, had his KaosDirtyBirdiBanshee? out as well. Totally Cool.

The Tracer, Atlanta, Phoenix 7's,Tiporares were totally *****en as well. To me every plane seemed like they were perfectly trimmed out, flying on rails, most with screaming piped engines.

To see everyone expertly flying the Classic Pattern maneuvers that I've been attempting to fly was really inspirational. Got someting to shoot for now.

After the competition Robert (vertigo II) flew his vertigo and it hauls ass! I think it was the fastest plane out of all there today. Another cool moment.

I really would have liked to see the Arrow that was at last years get together. Maybe next year.

Robert and his wife were excellant hosts to me and my grandson. Robert stuck around long enough after the event was over to let me get a flight in on my flat foam Beetle. Really nice guy. Can't say enough about the friendly crowd of people I met there today.

Hope we can add more of these get togethers in Southern California. Me and my grandson had a great day.

Robert, congratulations on a sucessful event.

Bryan

Old 05-21-2012, 11:51 AM
KLXMASTER14

Thank you for coming out Bryan. I am glad that you had a great time. for a report and pics, look here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post21674104

Thanks again to everyone who showed, the Channel Island Condors for letting us have the field for the day, to my lovely wife Jennifer who was the perfect hostess, to Dick and Kevin for the awesome t-shirts, Tony F for coming up and showing us what it's supposed to look like, and to John from Experience media for donating his time and talents towards documenting the event.

Zero carnage, get fun and even some informal competition. Who could ask for more?

-Robert
Old 05-22-2012, 09:58 AM
stuntflyr

Notice no pictures here on "500 error Universe". See the pics on RCG.
Chris...
Old 05-22-2012, 10:27 AM
dphill2
My Feedback: (1)

Looks like you guy's had a good turn out and a great day as well !! Congratulation on your first place Chris !!!

Dave P
Old 05-22-2012, 11:52 AM
stuntflyr

Thank, but it was close, Dave.

Have a pinched nerve on the left thumb and me and Planet Earth almost met with the Tipo on the 3 Horiz Rolls. I'm no good at it to start with, but rudder input was non-existent. Once it was level it was behind some bushes and way below some old 30 foot utility poles. Full up input had it come back into view in a 60 degree climb, I have an idea it was very close to the ground!

Your contest looks great! Wish I could've been at both.

Chris...