Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Grab the old style Macs headers and tuned pipes while you can

Hey everybody,

Just wanted to give a heads up to those thinking of using the oldstyle header and tuned pipe combination from MacsPro. I called them for tech support and had a rather unpleasant conversation with who I believe was the owner of Macs about him stopping production on them, the older style,in lew of the new style black one piece non tuned pipes.

I called for tech support about some trouble I was having with a tuned pipe setup and well he frankly was not very interested in the old stuff. I had recently bought a pretuned setup for a 45 OS and was reading the direction that came in the package and it refered to a propellor I never head of zingali or something like that, I asked the guy if he new where get them and he said we haven't bought any propellors in a long time. I was kinda shocked that here is a company that makes exhaust systems and is not testing any of the product with current propellors.

I have not been happy with this guy and it's a shame cause the product's seemed to be good quality.Of the times I called for tech support and got him he's just been a real jerk. Didn't seem like he wanted to help me out on the older stuff at all. I do understand that he probably wants to sell the new stuff, but if that's the case then he shouldn't offer the old if he can't be bothered with supporting it.

Once I called, he answered, said he was on the other line, took down my name, ph# and even ask for me my zipcode and said he'd call me right back. 40 minutes later I called him back and he didn't even remember taking the call. Horrible tech support.

All I can say is get what you can and preferably not directly from the company as he signed a no discount clause with with his clients and has to charge full retail prices. $130 for a OS 40-45 FSR pre tuned sytsem. At least that's what he told me and charged me. I won't buy from him again and If I can help it won't buy new at all.

This guy is a real piece of work!
    Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Grab the old style Macs headers and tuned pipes while you can

a zingali propeller is a "zinger"
    it was known as a zingali way back in the 70's when Joe Zingali started the company.
    you'l notice that most say JZ on the props. AKA Joe Zingali

Dave jr.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ZG propellers are no longer produced, Joe closed down. even tough some HS's still sell'm
    Rafa.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well their website is still up and the hobby shops still carry the props so JZ propeller apears to be still in business
    I dont know anything about ZG propellers.
    Dave.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Zingali propellers were the glass filled nylon props from Zinger Propellers,
    some are still available from www.mecoa.com, might just have the size you
    are looking for.

Bill D.
    Founder \"Nosen Cessna 310 Club\"
    Waco Brotherhood # 43
    P-39 Brotherhood # 5

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: alcarafa

ZG propellers are no longer produced, Joe closed down. even tough some HS's still sell'm
    Wish I had seen this before. TOTALLY inaccurate, Joe is in business, family doing well, makes props while you wait at his same old factory. He showed me his collection of old pattern ships upstairs last time I was there, quite a collection. He says he's not flying the Bonanza any more, he's coming up on 80 and he's putting it up for sale.
    He gave me a hand full of props from the "old days" to try on my Rossi's and OS's when I told him we were flying Classic Pattern. My brother was waiting for the lacquer to dry on a batch of blades for his four blader, we'd called in the moring, had them by lunch.
    I bought some glass three bladers from MECOA and couple of years ago because it was easy, Zengali does business with many retail outlets.
    Chris...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: stuntflyr

ORIGINAL: alcarafa

Wish I had seen this before. TOTALLY inaccurate, Joe is in business, family doing well, makes props while you wait at his same old factory. He showed me his collection of old pattern ships upstairs last time I was there, quite a collection. He says he's not flying the Bonanza any more, he's coming up on 80 and he's putting it up for sale.
    He gave me a hand full of props from the ''old days'' to try on my Rossi's and OS's when I told him we were flying Classic Pattern. My brother was waiting for the lacquer to dry on a batch of blades for his four blader, we'd called in the moring, had them by lunch.
    I bought some glass three bladers from MECOA and couple of years ago because it was easy, Zengali does business with many retail outlets.
    Chris...

It's good to know Joe is still in bussines, a friend told me he closed down and also read something about it in other rc site.
    Rafa.