Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

help identifying

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 04:21 AM
Franco2fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help identifying

I have been restoring planes that hung in the attic for nearly 20 years and last Friday got out to fly the latest, pictured here in the foreground

In the background is a newer Leader 480 that I modified and did in the same color scheme. Many years ago, the kids dubbed the old Pattern plane Dad's Pizza plane, and the name "Domino" stuck. When I did a re-build in electric, I dubbed the new plane Domino Nr2. My problem is that last Friday, everyone wanted to know what DominoNr 1 really was. I cannot recall. The body is all fiberglass, the wings are balsa over a foam core, and it weighs in around 8 pounds. The flying club buddies were amazed at the greased landings enabled by Fowler flaps, and the range of speed. If has a Webra Speed .91 in the nose. Does anyone recognize this pattern plane?

Here's a rear shot:

Thanks

KKKKFL
Old 06-12-2012, 04:58 AM
RFJ

Default RE: help identifying

Looks a bit like a "Brushfire"

Ray
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95703.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	1771418  
Old 06-12-2012, 05:17 AM
Franco2fly

Default RE: help identifying

I think you won the Brass ring.

This was a great find.  I had to take the motor apart soak it in brake fluid and re-assemble.  When done it flew great.  Now has Full telemetry coming to my iPhone via the STi dongle.  Speed (Pitot mounted in top of tall fin), altitude, voltage, RPM, rx voltage etc.  What a great find.

KKKKFL