Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Southern R/C bootlegger plan

Old 01-12-2013, 02:04 PM
dphill2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Southern R/C bootlegger plan

Old 01-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Roguedog

ORIGINAL: dphill2

Bryan,
Catching up ??? The 4 airplanes in this picture 3 of them are Bootleggers !!! One of them belongs to Steve Helms (4th from left back row.) The airplane to the left of his is a Compensator/Bootlegger that I built 35 years ago !!!

Dave
Davechill out! I'm talking about drafting plans for this plane not comparing pedigrees. Have you been drafting a bootlegger plan for the last 35 years? If so show us what u got.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:35 PM
dphill2

I did !! I showed you one I built 35 years ago .. Whats with the Chill Out thing ?? I'm not upset, I just thought it was funny You telling me that I was catching up !!!! Been there done that ...

Dave
Old 01-12-2013, 03:28 PM
Roguedog

ORIGINAL: doxilia
I should note that my captured comments regarding airfoil in the above are not related to how you chose to design the LE and TE thickness of the surfaces - that's something all together different.

Just want to make sure we're not mixing apples and oranges.
I completely understood that. Iwas commenting on what I was doing in addtion to what you were posting not in disagreement dude.Your theone mixing thingsup.

As far as using a constant thickness LE and TE along the span of the surfaces (if I understand you correctly), that's obviously a personal choice. I believe this makes a significant difference to how a model flies (particularly LE shape and taper).
Duh! Your right it's a personal choice and a personal choice I made sorry that bothers you. Your entitled to your beliefs but that doesn't make it right or true.

In my experience, producing span tapered LE's, TE's and ailerons is a non-issue, whether foam core or built-up. The amount of sanding required is minimal (ailerons aside) and I don't even notice whether I'm sanding a constant or variable thickness span;
I can appreciate how this seems so easyfor you, but I also put a lot of thought into a simple build for those that don't have the buiilding prowess that you claim to have. I figured if we design these planes to be easier to build, well maybe, just maybe more individuals would take up the challange. I happen to disagree with you about tapered LE & TE's in the case of built up. Having a TE or LE thats 5/8 (LE) or 1/2 (TE) all the way across spanwise requires way less sanding than a tapered edge the say goes for 7/8" at the rootto 3/8" at the wing tip due to the fact thatyou would need at least a 7/8" H x whatever wide and long balsa stick to start out with. To get the taper at the tip you would need to sand offa 1/4 inch atone end while trying not to sand anything off at theother.

But I expect this diatribe fromyou and that you would disagreeand claim that it would make a big difference for showmanship.Really I'm not in competion with you but it seems like you are with me and your way is always better compared to everone else'sexceptwhen youhave to admit that you wrong. I get the feeling that your having some silly issue with me that's causing you to consistently bash whatever it is I have to say or post while while at the same time claiming to praise what I'm doing. It's still a back-hand compliment and bashing, which is really no compliment at all. You can't have it both ways. I don't chase down your threads and post unended diatribe about how your way, whatever it is, is wrong and my way is best and therefore right. Gee's dude.

I just use the rib (or core) design to track the sanding. It is of course easier to design a framed up wing with LE and TE that are not captured by sheeting (Japanese classic style) as one then uses the sheeting as a datum to sand the LE and TE to correct taper. Basically the same as one does with a foam core wing.
As a matter of fact I don't particularly care how you build just so you know. I never asked. But for some reason you need to interjecthow much better your way against mine. How about supporting what I'm doing instead of tearing it down as inferior to what you do. Really guy I think you got a problem with me.

Still, these are modified Boot's (to different degrees) so we can do anything we like.
If you believe that and it's true why do you feel the need to bash what I'm doing. Start your own thread and use that one to explain why your building methods are superior to mine and everone elses.

When you say the "whole cord", you mean the whole span I assume?
Yes span vs cord. Oh wow! One little mistake and I can always count on you to correct it.

It's great that you are developing a framed up wing and stab as I started to work on foam core plans so the two options may be available. There's not that much to what I'm doing other than producing proper airfoil templates for root and tip.
Really! Proper airfoil templates. So the ones i posted are once again wrong? I'd like to say something like "man you really have some nerve to come in here and post that," but I realize that your living in some typeof bubble that elevated above the rest of us so it wouldn't matter anyway.
How about in the future as far as I'm concerned you play be this rule. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

As mentioned in recent posts, I'm pretty much done but I'm not sold on the stab airfoil. An ever so slight modification would bring it inline with the type of continuous airfoil stab that the Deception has. The issue is, to do it or not. I'm hesitant because maybe this inflection is more important than I might think...

As for the fuse, I'm keen on using Julio's glass deck as it not only makes construction much simpler and less work but it also provides for a more heat resistant compartment for the header and pipe. Of course, your built up canopy design is a great option for those who prefer a full wood frame up - a bit like Matt did on his original Arrow (I believe he used a section of thin aluminum for the pipe tunnel itself).

David
Thank God that you're pretty much done. But seeing is believing.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:53 PM
dphill2

Old 01-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Roguedog

ORIGINAL: dphill2

I did !! I showed you one I built 35 years ago .. Whats with the Chill Out thing ?? I'm not upset, I just thought it was funny You telling me that I was catching up !!!! Been there done that ...

Dave
Catching up ??? The 4 airplanes in this picture 3 of them are Bootleggers !!! One of them belongs to Steve Helms (4th from left back row.) The airplane to the left of his is a Compensator/Bootlegger that I built 35 years ago !!!
Are you not understanding what this threads about. I've been talking about plans dude not planes. Really! You couldn't figure that out?

As far as the chill out portion, here's a grammer lesson for you. When you use 3 question marks and 3 exclamtion points together one after the other, that's considered yelling in an excited state, grammatically speaking. Somy chill outcomment is accurate. Calm down dude, I think your the one that needs a nap. Notice that I'm not using exclamation points here.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:03 PM
dphill2

Old 01-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Roguedog

I was gona let thisalone dude but I guess I need to post this here for all to here.

I suspect you're also upset at me but not for the same reason as David. In your case is it because Julio drilled you for tryring to bilk me out of $30 for a canopy when he was offering them for free jus tfor aksing.IPM'd you wrongly asking for one and that's the price you told me he told you to charge me. Which of coursewasnot true by what Julio told mewhilePMing each other.

Julio just can't believe that you'd do that but you know you did say it and I'll post the PM's if I need to

From the way you and doxilla havebeenposting in this thread lately I suspect some chicanery on both your parts.

So maybe you should just chill out instead of trying to portray mein some bad way.

I told Julio that I would take a couple of days to think about removing the previous post where I mentioned the $30 canopy fee. But not now.

Bryan
Old 01-12-2013, 04:49 PM
dphill2

Old 01-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Roguedog

Here's the PM from you where you claim exacly what I said. I also included the first PMfor Julio where he clearly asks me who told me it was $30 and the last PM I sent to him where i tell him I'll think about changing the post.

Deny it all you want. You told me $30 and hadI sent someone the money and then found out Julio was offering them for free anyone would be upset, not just me. That would be the last PM

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25121.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	1839658   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40014.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	209.2 KB
ID:	1839659   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw59601.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	234.1 KB
ID:	1839660   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98596.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	1839661  
Old 01-12-2013, 06:16 PM
dphill2

Old 01-12-2013, 07:23 PM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ooops!

Just went out for dinner and came back to pick up the latest...

It looks like I have once again failed in my etiquette. A few more hours with Mr. Carson will be in order to not disgrace my livery!

Bryan, it wasn't my intention to upset you. I was thinking we might be making progress toward more diplomatic exchanges but it appears not. I tend to speak my mind not because "my method is better" but just because that's the way I was brought up. I do think you're doing a nice job on this but I just felt that the constant LE/TE thing was not up my alley - nothing to do with so called building prowess. I just don't think it makes much difference when one is building. But we all have our perspective in things and my view is neither here nor there. If anything, I would more than welcome input from people like Dave Phillips who has plenty more experience than I do. This is the reason I was asking so many questions, to get his and other experienced folks' opinion.

In any case, I say carry on. If you dont want me to post on your thread, it's not a problem. Just let me know and I won't. With that said, I feel that you might be getting a little too unnecessarily bent out of shape on small matters. It appears that Dave might share this opinion as well.

Can we all relax and just express an occasional difference of opinion without everything falling to pieces? We're all upstanding citizens I'm sure!

David
Old 01-12-2013, 07:39 PM
Roguedog

I had no idea who julio was at that time I emailed you, let alone who was making the part. The fact is julio denys and clarifies that you did not asked himin the last pm if you'd take the time to read all of them.

All I knew at the time was that you claimed it was $30 which you refuse to admit. You where the one i PM'd. Because I at that time was under the impression that they were available for the asking and it struck me wrong that you were saying they were $30 bucks.

At that point I abandened the idea of gettin one. So as it stands you say he told you $30 and he says he didn't tell you. Don't try to put this off on me dude when obviously someone's not being truthful between the two of you. I glad you and Julio are buds. But I frankly don't trust you. The fact the Julio directly emailed me about where I got the Idea that the canopy was $30 makes him or presents him as a honest guy trying to figure out why I would post that someone was being greedy and that the Canopys were $30.

He even says that you must of made up that price yourselfas he had no recollection of having a conversation with you about $30. So now he's also wrong is what you are saying. Right? It wasn't you that told me it was $30, it was him. Right?It's not hard deduce that you are the one that 's disingenuous at the least. Which is why I would not believe a word you are saying and why no one else should either. Your lack of restraint in the posts above in this threadin my mind, shows lack ofcharacter.Smart fella's like you always try to cover up their character defects at the expense of others. But not this time.

I did what i could to try and not be an ass and ignore your infantile posts but immature people always blame theirlack of restraint and self control on others.This could have been a really great thread but between your lack of restraint and doxilla's need to comment about everything in everyones thread theres no room for anyone else in the Classic Pattern Plane forum except for you guys. At least it seems that way. This crap has been chasing people out of the forum and I'mnot the only one that feels this way.

I will never convince you or him of this as you both seem to be living in the same unreality bubble. But I can at post so others can at see what I have been seeing.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:14 PM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Roguedog

This could have been a really great thread but between your lack of restraint and doxilla's need to comment about everything in everyones thread theres no room for anyone else in the Classic Pattern Plane forum except for you guys. At least it seems that way. This crap has been chasing people out of the forum and I'm not the only one that feels this way.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I will admit to being a little over zealous when it comes to this hobby and the classics but it's just because I enjoy it. After leaving it for several years, it's like being a kid again in a candy store.

I like to think of myself as open minded so if anyone dislikes my comments I more than welcome them to let me know as you have so adamantly done here and I will refrain from posting further on the thread. Having said that, some have told me they enjoy what I contribute so I figured my posts can't be that bad.

To me this is a place for good fun and everyone has their own rhythm. Some post, some share, some read. I just dont think all the above is necessary. A simple let's agree to disagree could avoid it all and keep things civil and respectful.

I hope this thread gets back on track, I was enjoying it.

David
Old 01-12-2013, 09:19 PM
kitfox1
My Feedback: (2)

Old 01-12-2013, 10:07 PM
tgwhitley

kitfox/julio

I am Tim Whitley and you shared with me 2 of the canopy tops for Bootlegger. I am happy to have them and the 30 dollars each was a fair price for the work/material cost. I hope you will continue helping fellow builders hope to start compulegger soon.

Thanks

Tim
Old 01-12-2013, 11:06 PM
Roguedog

ORIGINAL: tgwhitley

kitfox/julio

I am Tim Whitley and you shared with me 2 of the canopy tops for Bootlegger. I am happy to have them and the 30 dollars each was a fair price for the work/material cost. I hope you will continue helping fellow builders hope to start compulegger soon.

Thanks

Tim
I'll try to be clear on this it's not so muchthe $30 price I had a problem with it's that Julio offered to make these as a favor too contribute to the thread and some other jerk decided to capitalize off his work by setting a random price for something he wasn't charging for to began with and then denyhe did it.

Tim if you think they are worth that price good for you. Spend your money. Another useless post that contributes nothing to the thread other than throwing another log on a fire to keep the agony of it burning brite. Nice job.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:57 AM
PatternPilot
My Feedback: (58)

deleted

Old 01-13-2013, 09:37 AM
dphillips3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some other Jerk? You arrogant *****hole! He is the only reason that plug was even made! Go carve yours out of wood moron, if a 30 dollar donation for somebody elses time and efforts is going to break you. Looks to me you will never build one anyway. Are you going to give your plans away? I think not.

DP#3
Old 01-13-2013, 02:05 PM
Roguedog

Well everybody I can at least point to this .

Dave isn't it against RCU policy tohave more than one membership ID.

Who's breaking the rules here. Yoursigned the second as DP3. Does that mean you actually have three memberships hereon RCU.

Hey all I'm an honest guy here and I don't like it when I'm lied too.But this guy keeps showing us that he doesn't care about the rules or about conducting himself in a mature manner. So why shouldn't I call him out for it. You would think that would be more important.

I feel just as bad as Julio and can't and don't blame him a bit. for not wanting to participate. I was feeling the same way right after I was told by dphill2 ordphillips3, or whatever profile he's using today,that I was going to have to pay $30. I told Julioi would have gladlymade a donation for one of the canopy's

The pointI've been making iswhy should I try to contribute to a free project if everbody else that contributes tries to put a price on there portion and let me Clarify inthis case it wasn't Julioit was DaveThis is the crux of it it Julio was just conributing, Dave (dphill2) was the one slapping me in the face with the $30 fee, Not Julio.

Now that he's mad cause I called him on it He resorts to name callingand calls mean *****hole in this public forum for doing it. I didn't resort to name calling just logic. I do happed to be an *****hole when mistreated.

It's amazing how those on the sidelines want to pile on as well especially for someone that continually showslackof character.Only thing I can say about thatis birds of a feather flock together.

The CPA dictator ever piled on. Hey Scott did you file that 501c3 yet for CPA yet?
Old 01-13-2013, 02:12 PM
PatternPilot

deleted
Old 01-13-2013, 02:46 PM
Roguedog

I would have join a long time ago. The only porblem the CPA is an an organiztion really owned by you. I just checked an there's no filing of the CPA at the Tennesse Secretary of State and your name is still listed as the owner of the CPA website.

I once belong to an organization that claimed the were legit and I'll never do that again.Until I can find your legit corporate status on a verifiable Secretary of States Corporate name search engine your claimed organization is not a valid one.

So your making bootlegger canopys too? I thought that was Julio. I guess you're haveing the same truth telling problem as dphill2. Nice!

Oh Ya! You really make me want to join that organiztion. You're the owner of CPAuntil such time the your so call board directorsdecides to incorporate as a 501c3. Only then would I even think about joining.

Legally! NO ONE! I repeat NOONE is a valid member with voting rights or has a say or voice until a valid 501c3 exists for CPA and you know this to be true. So don't post the sound byte you came up with to market CPA with, as means to justify that what you say is more valid then what I'm saying.

Like I said- Birds of a Feather

Let me poise this question for everybody to consider. If you hang out with theives and liers, does that make you one?

Old 01-13-2013, 02:53 PM
PatternPilot

deleted
Old 01-13-2013, 03:53 PM
EscapeFlyer

I see the flowers are blooming. Let's go fly!

[8D]

Brian
Old 01-13-2013, 04:15 PM
dphillips3

delete

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.