Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Chattanooga SPA Contest - Aug 25th-26th - Special Fun Pylon Event

Old 08-01-2012, 07:37 AM
eness76-RCU
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Chattanooga SPA Contest - Aug 25th-26th - Special Fun Pylon Event

Come one, come all to Chattanooga the weekend of Aug 25th and 26th for the annual Chattanooga Classic SPA Pattern Contest. Looks like we're going to have full classes judging by the already strong pre-registration 3 weeks out. Come join us and have a great time flying vintage pattern in front of helpful judges and a welcoming environment. You're guaranteed to have a great time!

Contest Calendar: http://www.seniorpattern.com/contests.htm

Pre-registration: http://www.seniorpattern.com/viewform%20chattanooga.htm

ALSO, For those of you attending the Chattanooga contest this month, we're going to borrow a page from our CA pattern brethren and hold a fun pylon race using the new Eflite Gee Bee. This promises to be a great way to share some laughs and blow off some steam Saturday night after the day of intense pattern competition. For those who are interested, I've attached a link to the airplane's product page. We will be competing using the stock battery & size (Eflite 2S 200mah 25C) that comes with the airplane. If enough guys are there and ready, there may be a pre-race on Friday evening as well. Our good CD Mike Robinson has promised to supply some worthy pylons to facilitate the fun. This is a bit of a whimsical take on the old days of pylon racing at pattern contests. Hope to see you there with your patternship and your micro Gee Bee R2!

GeeBee Product Page: http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...lamour+Slide+1

Old 08-01-2012, 09:21 AM
Bruce Underwood

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Chattanooga SPA Contest - Aug 25th-26th - Special Fun Pylon Event

Eric, you covered most all about the Chattanooga contest, I just wanted to add that the Chattanooga Best Western Motel which is in the same facility as the City Cafe (where we will hold our meeting and eating Saturday night) has extended a special lowered rate for folks who attend and identify themselves as SPA (or Underwood gang). Looking forward to seeing all in Chattanooga in August.

As you said "come one-come all"!

Bruce Underwood SPA L15
President
Guntersville, AL 35976
bunderwo@bellsouth.net
Old 08-01-2012, 10:28 AM
ShineyObject
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

We should have a great time at Chattanooga. Everything is coming together perfectly with the flying, food, shopping for the ladies - well, everything! I sure appreciate all the help from everybody. Last year the contest basically ran it's self. Our scorekeeper and runners had the biggest work load of all and they all scored 10's with their efforts. The Chattanooga Radio Control Club is always top notch people to work with too. See ya there!
Old 08-14-2012, 09:13 AM
eness76-RCU
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Looks like we're up to 20 fliers on the preregistration list. This promises to be another good one with full classes across the board. Come on to Chattanooga on the 25th and 26th for some great fun and fellowship, and great competition. Don't forget the fun GeeBee pylon race Saturday night, lots of guys already lined up and ready to race. The trash talk has already begun!
Old 08-15-2012, 04:40 AM
ShineyObject

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

My Gee Bee is so jacked up it won't even stay in the storage box. Keeps jumping out and revving up!

Can't wait to see all those beautiful pattern planes in the air.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:44 PM
ShineyObject

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

update!!!!

Our raffle prize will be the new Great Plains Dirty Birdy ARF! We'll have some other stuff too, but this ARF has been received very well on the circuit this season. Thanks to Paul C Wright with Chattanooga Radio Club for the help on securing this nice item!