Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

RCM plans service sucks

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 12:09 PM
bullseye000

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This might be worth looking into. It's the Internet Crime Complaint Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:21 PM
AERORICH73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi fellows: I placed an order in April 2013, and the order has not arrived yet. Sent several e-mails, and received no answers. The money is gone. The website is still up waiting for someone else to bite in to loose their funds.

[email protected]
Old 01-10-2014, 06:55 PM
sterbejj

Today I mailed yet another complaint to the Oregon DOJ about the non-responses I have gotten from RCM Plans. I ordered two plan sets in February 2013 and have not yet received what I ordered almost a year later. I filed a formal complaint with the Oregon DOJ and after sending several follow-up complaints I finally received an e-mailgram from Alicia Suarez at the DOJ (in October 2013) stating that they were in contact with RCM Plans and that I would be receiving a refund shortly. The DOJ message included an attachment mailgram from RCM Plans telling the DOJ that they would refund my money. On that same day I received an e-mailgram from RCM Plans apologizing for the problem and stating that they would be sending my refund out shortly. I'm still waiting for that refund. Some time ago I sent a letter to the Gold Beach, Oregon Postal Inspector complaining about the non-response from RCM Plans which uses a PO Box at Gold Beach. I have not received any response from the Postal Service at all. And all this time the RCM Plans website is still on line, still operating, still taking orders, still collecting money from folks who, in good faith, order stuff from them. Seems like the authorities at the Oregon DOJ and at the Gold Beach Oregon Post office really don't care about protecting the consumers who try to do business with a company within their jurisdiction.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:39 AM
Heliwilly

A reply I had recently from RCM Plans... Bill W

-----Original Message-----From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: 27 February 2014 21:42To: William WorsleySubject: Re: Message from RCM PlansThank you for your order with RCM Plans. We are sorry for the delay in responding.Our system has been down for quite some time. We were locked out of our entire system. We were unable to access the admin portion of the website, emails (which we lost most of), orders, etc. We are trying to resolve the problems with our hosting company. We hope to have all problems resolved by sometime in March. The email portion of the website restarted on 02/14/14.RCM Plans is very recently under new management and we are seeing to fixing the problems and also to refunding anyone who has not yet received their money back. If someone chooses to receive the product that they ordered, we will also help them with this.Please let us know if you would like to wait or would like a refund and we will help in any way we can.Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

From: William WorsleyEmail: [email protected]------------------------------------------------------Some time ago I sent you a debit card for a Bird of Time set of plans. Ihave not had any contact from you for a long time now, so I have assumed that these plans are not being sent. Could you please contact me to let me know what is happening.W.M. WorsleyHull. U.K.-------------------------------------------------
Old 03-08-2014, 05:43 AM
Dave Harmon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good.....hopefully this problem is finally getting fixed.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:14 AM
Heliwilly

Fingers crossed Dave, but despite their reassurances, the cynical side of me doesn't believe a word of it. I will, like the others just wait and see.
Has anyone else with back orders received a similar e-mail ???

Bill W.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:00 PM
crashlander
My Feedback: (10)

No replies whatsoever. I ordered plans back in Feb 2013 and not a peep.

Orlando
Old 03-08-2014, 04:35 PM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No name on the email? Contact number? Pure BS. These folks are crooks.....

Dave Rigotti

Originally Posted by Heliwilly
A reply I had recently from RCM Plans... Bill W

-----Original Message-----From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: 27 February 2014 21:42To: William WorsleySubject: Re: Message from RCM PlansThank you for your order with RCM Plans. We are sorry for the delay in responding.Our system has been down for quite some time. We were locked out of our entire system. We were unable to access the admin portion of the website, emails (which we lost most of), orders, etc. We are trying to resolve the problems with our hosting company. We hope to have all problems resolved by sometime in March. The email portion of the website restarted on 02/14/14.RCM Plans is very recently under new management and we are seeing to fixing the problems and also to refunding anyone who has not yet received their money back. If someone chooses to receive the product that they ordered, we will also help them with this.Please let us know if you would like to wait or would like a refund and we will help in any way we can.Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

From: William WorsleyEmail: [email protected]------------------------------------------------------Some time ago I sent you a debit card for a Bird of Time set of plans. Ihave not had any contact from you for a long time now, so I have assumed that these plans are not being sent. Could you please contact me to let me know what is happening.W.M. WorsleyHull. U.K.-------------------------------------------------
Old 03-08-2014, 08:48 PM
cjet

I also received the same e-mail from them about them being under new management and to let them know if I wanted the plans or a refund. This is what happened when I replied on 2-26-14 (message below was from my e-mail service) :

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.

[email protected]
Old 03-11-2014, 02:05 PM
AwwNaww

Four or five years ago similar problems were handled by telling complainers that a virus had corrupted the system and "they" were trying to regain control of their system. Funny thing, there was absolutely no problem with the part of the system that took your money. I hope that I am wrong and that this indicates forward motion. I am, however, beyond skeptical with RCM Plans.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:34 PM
Roguedog

I'm sorry to say that IMO i believe a stubborn old person still has control of RCM. Stubborn to the point that they're too invalid to even make it to staples to make copes but will not sell the operation because they're still alive.

He may very well have old timers and forgot the passwords to access the website but is too proud to admit it. You know the type - he's blind as a bat but thinks he can see fine.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:20 PM
Dave Harmon

What is more interesting to me is who ARE these people??
I don't think I have seen yet who they are.
If someone know a name...please post it.
And....why can't they be called to task for this?
Old 03-12-2014, 07:42 AM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Harmon
And....why can't they be called to task for this?
That is a pertinent question.

Since the folks on the Left Coast are bent on making laws controlling everything from sneezing to f**ting, they seem to be incapable, or too inept, to effectively investigate and prosecute what has apparently been a long running case of fraud.

If you look at the combined responses over several forums and consider that not everyone who has been defrauded has posted, the amount of money involved becomes substantial, yet the California legal machine remains ineffective. Perhaps they are more interested in prosecuting someone who flipped a cigarette onto a sidewalk.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:22 PM
AwwNaww

There have been complaints made to the county sheriff with no response and the town is very small and some distance off the I5 corridor. It would be a monumental effort for many of us on the left coast to face to face with them and I suspect that is why this has gone on for so long. The local law enforcement might, MIGHT, make a visit if most of those who have lost money hit them all at once. I am pretty certain that over the last few years of indifferent to non-existent product shipment that we are actually talking about real money. Taken one at a time however it is like $100 or less. Cops won't roll on a local for that. I am convinced this is not accidental, or elder befuddlement. This is not the first time the evil site has developed a mind of its own and the brave RCM Plans folk are trying to make it right......they have maintained a site for years that takes money. Yes, I think that they are committing postal fraud....see if Obama cares, or anyone else for that matter. Best we can do is publically dissuade people from going there.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:44 PM
Roguedog

Hey Andrew,

Hey how about you refrain from making comments until you educate yourself about the facts.

If you really read through all the posts as you indicate you would have gleaned ( that means figured for those with an IQ of less than zero) that the company is located in Oregan not California.

Bryan
Old 03-12-2014, 01:46 PM
AwwNaww

thank you rogueyou were more polite than I was likely to be...
Old 03-12-2014, 04:47 PM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Roguedog
Hey Andrew,

Hey how about you refrain from making comments until you educate yourself about the facts.
Point made --- I stand corrected.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:43 AM
AERORICH73

Ok Fellows: My wife just talked to the Oregon Attorney, and she went on the website for the RCM Plans Service, and noted in her file a bunch of complaints. She wants me to send my information along with yours to her, Believe we are going to get this business problem cleared up legally. Anyone wanting to make comments, contact me at: [email protected].

I am a retired aircraft mechanic from Horizon Airlines in Portland, Oregon, AMA410664
Old 03-20-2014, 06:19 PM
sterbejj

Once more, I am trying to contact RCM Plans about an order I placed in February 2013. Their web site has been updated indicating new management and an intent to satisfy outstanding orders or refund payments received. Unfortunately, there still seems to be no way to contact them. The toll free number listed on the contact page is not a working number. The other number rings a few times, then goes into a beep-beep-beep and no one picks up. I tried sending a message using their on-line mailgram form but have not received a reply. So, off went yet another mailgram and snail-mail letter to Alicia Suarez of the Oregon Department of Justice. Sooner or later I hope someone will straighten out this mess and once again make the RCM plans collection available to the model aviation community.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:33 PM
sterbejj

Aerorich73,

I have been in contact with Alicia Suarez of the Oregon Department of Justice several times via e-mail and snail-mail. I placed an order with RCM Plans in February 2013 and so far have received nothing. Last October I received an e-mailgram from Ms. Suarez indicating that she was in contact with RCM Plans and that they would be soon sending me a refund for my payment. At the same time I received an e-mailgram from RCM Plans stating the same thing. I have yet to receive either the refund or the plan sets I ordered. I would much prefer to receive the plan sets, but would be (unhappily) satisfied to receive a refund. I see that the RCM Plans web site has been updated, that the business is under new management, and that they will work to fulfill the orders placed for their products. However, neither of the phone numbers listed on that web site are working and the website mailgram form seems to sent things off into the aether. I would most certainly like to see the fine collection of plans held by RCM be once again made available to the aeromodelling community. How much pressure can be brought to bear on them to get them to truly act like a business and not like a scam?

Casey Sterbenz
AMA 86189
Old 03-20-2014, 08:54 PM
Dave Harmon

Originally Posted by sterbejj
Aerorich73,

I have been in contact with Alicia Suarez of the Oregon Department of Justice several times via e-mail and snail-mail. I placed an order with RCM Plans in February 2013 and so far have received nothing. Last October I received an e-mailgram from Ms. Suarez indicating that she was in contact with RCM Plans and that they would be soon sending me a refund for my payment. At the same time I received an e-mailgram from RCM Plans stating the same thing. I have yet to receive either the refund or the plan sets I ordered. I would much prefer to receive the plan sets, but would be (unhappily) satisfied to receive a refund. I see that the RCM Plans web site has been updated, that the business is under new management, and that they will work to fulfill the orders placed for their products. However, neither of the phone numbers listed on that web site are working and the website mailgram form seems to sent things off into the aether. I would most certainly like to see the fine collection of plans held by RCM be once again made available to the aeromodelling community. How much pressure can be brought to bear on them to get them to truly act like a business and not like a scam?

Casey Sterbenz
AMA 86189
Casey.....
I am afraid that is just a bunch of hokus-pocus from RCMP.
We have all heard the same song and dance and got the same old dog-ate-my-homework excuses for a long time now.
The way I see it is.....how can they be forced to sell the plans business to someone who will actively do the job???
Even if everyone has to lose all the money they paid......it would still be worth it to make these plans available again.
I know of at least one responsible kit maker who can/will do the job.

Dave
Old 04-19-2014, 01:36 PM
AERORICH73

Ok fellows: We are waiting for the Oregon Attorney's Office to get an answer back from the RCM people after receiving the letter sent to them. So far nothing yet has been received. We will keep you informed as this situation progresses.

[email protected]
Old 04-19-2014, 07:19 PM
sterbejj

I keep wondering how many times I/we are expected to contact the Oregon Attorney General's office before we get some positive results from the fraudulent/thieving actions of the current proprietors of RCM Plans. Last October I was promised by both RCM Plans and Alicia Suarez of the Oregon DOJ that I would be receiving a refund from RCM Plans. I have not yet received ANYTHING from RCM Plans, no refund, no plan sets, nothing. How long will RCM Plans be allowed to lie to the Oregon DOJ and get away with it? How many empty promises must we receive from the Oregon DOJ before we get some positive results?
Old 05-09-2014, 04:04 PM
AERORICH73

Sorry to say fellows that I have not heard back from the Oregon Attorneys office yet about the answer they received from RCM. I was lucky to have the magazine plans and article for the TERN model which was one of the plans ordered. Just had the local copy shop enlarge the plans to full size. Now I can build it when the Winter weather is here again. If by chance there is a magazine article available, enlarging the plans may be your only hope in building the plane. Believe the solution to this problem is a full money refund since they are having problems getting the plans made from their source files that seem to be locked up somewhere.

I will post any info I receive so everyone will be up to speed on getting the problem solved.

Cheers!!!

Rich
Old 05-09-2014, 06:27 PM
sterbejj

None of the excuses I've heard from RCM Plans hold much water. I worked as a computer system administrator for over 20 years. I know that any competent computer geek should not take more than a day or so to get a failed system back on line. I got a mailgram from RCM Plans last week with the excuse that their printer was malfunctioning. Another flimsy excuse. They could easily take their stuff to any decently equipped copy shop and get the plan sets turned out quickly. Such outsourcing might cost them a few dollars but the price increases noted on their website should cover outsourcing costs. I paid extra to have the plans sent rolled in a mailing tube. At the time I ordered the plan sets the website indicated that the construction article would be provided along with the plans. None of this stuff has been forthcoming. Last october I received mailgrams from both RCM Plans and the Oregon DOJ promising me a refund. To this day I have received neither plans nor refund.
Casey Sterbenz
AMA 86189

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.