Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

2012 YS short stroke 60 update

Hi guys,
    I just spoke with Rich Verano today about the status of the new YS 60 (or 61). YS has been working on it, albeit slowly, and has promised that the production version will be available this year (2012). Rich had run a pre-production prototype about 3 months ago; he loved the power but not the carburetion. He does not know the specifics of the YS changes as he has not seen the latest version. Hopefully, he'll get one soon. And ours will follow shortly there-after!
    -Will

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 2012 YS short stroke 60 update

I run the Nova Rossi's with great luck and power to boot. Unless motors and parts aren't going to be readily avaiable, I don't know why anyone would won't one that will go back out of production again soon. I run those YS long and short strokes as well, and when they are right, there mighty fine, just to much crap to cause issues, JMO
    My Nova Rossi's all have inflight mixture adjustments, and I rarley ever touch it. Flew 4 rounds at a recient BPA contest in Huntsville Alabama, and flip the spinner 4 times .
    The happy days of the 2 strokes, but still can't beat the YS 170's for the AMA stuff, even if most all is going to milliamps
    Jamie
    In Bama

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good to know about the YS's and good to hear the NoveRossi's are flown by more and more guys. Two selections are going to be nice to have available.
    Chris...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My name is still on YS list and who is to say Rossi won't go out of production? Get parts while available for either engines. I will admit that Rossi was stout in Huntsville on J. Strong's airplane.

Tim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good points, thanks Tim.
    I'm buying a NovaRossi RE next month. I figure these are good for about 500 flights without bearing changes, and it'll take 10 years to fly that many flights!
    Chris...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just a quick follow-up: there will be plenty of parts available for the new YS. Once YS has worked out the production issues for the initial engine there is no reason they can't produce another 100 (or more) engines if demand justifies. AXE Rossi indicated (in the previous thread about the new YS 60) that they would be willing to produce 100 engines, but basically required guaranteed sales of the 100 engines.
    YS may be making a comeback in pattern (converting some e-pilots) at least for F3A competitors.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: J Strong

... and when they are right, there mighty fine, just to much crap to cause issues, ...

What is the crap that causes issues? Please elaborate.

Kurt

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Regulator, diaphragm always due to catch crap, just like the larger YS's. The smallest amount of trash, and the motor will not operate properly. If you've never had a trash or hair issue in your diaphragm in the semi complicated fuel delivery system of the YS, you either living in denial, or haven't flown them long enough.
    That being said, I now triple filter my 170's fuel before it gets to see me tank, and knock on wood, in 400-500 flights, so far, no trash issues. But back to my original take, simpler the better works for most folks.
    The YS HAS to put out a grunt more power because of its fuel delivery system, just the way it is, but, I'm now preferring the simple, no ring 8-10 moving parts of the Nova Rossi. Not knocking the YS, just stating fact from my experience., an certainly not going to get in a pissing match over what's best. If they run all the time, every time, that's the one I want, and simpler the better, at least for this ole chap.
    Jamie
    In Bama