Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Atlanta

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Atlanta

everything is as it should be as far as I can tell it just wont run unless I put fuel in the carb, and then for only a few seconds
    smooth pass

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

one word.... OS
    Scott Anderson - CPA #2 - www.ClassicPatternAssociation.com - Team Airtronics SD10G - NSRCA 529 - VRCS 236

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The engine set up for alot of years, im sure it will turn out to be something simple
    smooth pass

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Since you are getting fuel out of the needlle valve assembly when the needle valve is removed but there is no fuel entering the engine, remove the carb from the engine, remove the needle assembly, remove the gasket from the bottom of the carb and remove the barrel.
    Soak the carb body in fuel for a day or so and then try to blow air through the small passageways. I suspect they are all clogged with old oil and other crap.
    John

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jetmech43

everything is as it should be as far as I can tell it just wont run unless I put fuel in the carb, and then for only a few seconds
    This is something else I had to do the last owner had left fuel in the needle socket of the carband it turned green and dryed. When I put the engine back in use the the dryed green fuel came loose in the needle socket an would partially block the holes. I used my set of micro drills to clean out the green crap. I used the drillbits to push the crap out of the way, not to drill out the green crap,but by placing the opposite end of the drill bit into the passages. Don'tuse theflute side ofthe drill only the side that normally goes into the chuck of thedrill. It ran better at full throttle but eventually I ran into the same problem you are having.

Can you post pics of you liner? I think that would help a bit. Here's a liner I drew in CAD. All liner's exhaust ports will be closest to the head.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wu61325.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	1813172  
    Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

liner is like that doesnt have 2 port exhaust
    smooth pass

Hey Scott, REALLY!! LOL!!
    They have nothing on a well running YS!!

ORIGINAL: PatternPilot

one word.... OS
    Paul Pappas, AMA 42520
    www.NECPO.org

Hey Bryan, nice job on the CAD drawing!!

ORIGINAL: Roguedog

Can you post pics of you liner? I think that would help a bit. Here's a liner I drew in CAD. All liner's exhaust ports will be closest to the head.

Paul Pappas, AMA 42520
    www.NECPO.org

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jetmech43

liner is like that doesnt have 2 port exhaust
    Not having the middle bar on the exhaust port is ok for ABC/ABN engines. It is needed on a ringed engine two keep the ring from popping into the exh port.

You may havean oldPerformance Specialties piston and liner in itor someone ground off the middle bar. That would not be causing the problem you're having the though. I still think you have a bad gasket somewhere or a clog. I'll have to check my 60 FR becuase I'm thinking the one I have does not have the middle bar either.

Have you checked the rear cover gasket? Maybe someone used gasket sealant and it now has sprung a leak. It is deffinitly not getting fuel into the engine which leads me to think the needle socket is clogged orthe pressure system has is be the cause e.g. cracked diaphram or ?????Contaminated glow plug maybe?

ORIGINAL: pitstop000
    Hey Bryan, nice job on the CAD drawing!!
    I did a complete 3d cad drawing of an OSMax61 FSR/VF liner in Autocad. I keep getting emails from a company that claims $95 for a one run CNCaluminum part. So next time I have a spare $95 bucks to gamble with I might send them the cad file to see what they can do. The 61SF/RF longstroke liner has the same port setupin the same locations. The timing is different do it being a long stroke but if you place the FSR liner in a SF case the ports line up in the same locations.

Idea was to maybe play around with plating it or getting a CNCringed piston to fit it aswell. Pipe dreams at this point, but ya never know.

Bryan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qn38511.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	1813224  
    Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Paul,

I was a YS guy with the short strokes.. It was nice to buy 4 of them and they would all set up the same... But when they changed metals and went to the long stroke it was hard to get 4 and have them all run anywhere close to each other... That is when I switched to the OS... your right they do not have the RPM's as a short YS, but they do have stump pulling power... If I was to go for RPM'S and good clean runs right now I think I would pick the Rossi that alot are running in the SE. The OPS gold head was one of my favorites also, ran those on my XLT in the North East.

I have collected several OS's pumped RE engines and yes I even have a YS Long Stroke.. but will always go to the OS first..

Starting to get cool in the South East now, so building season is close.. How is it up your way Paul ?

Scott
    Scott Anderson - CPA #2 - www.ClassicPatternAssociation.com - Team Airtronics SD10G - NSRCA 529 - VRCS 236

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

glow plug is new, gaskets look ok im going to take carb and diaphram apart and soak it, then see what happens
    smooth pass

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Make sure you clean the diaphragm in glow fuel. Something else can ruin it if you dont know the compatibility.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

found one problem the little oring on the high speed needle is broken
    smooth pass

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models